Pages

Monday, October 28, 2019

EPISODE #61

EPISODE 61

Created By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Mike Larry
Written By: Casey Hutchison & Mike Larry

SAME DAY. AFTERNOON.
ORIGINAL AIRDATE: June 13th, 2019 (Thursday)
MEMORIAL HOSPITAL - EXAM ROOM

Lindsay is sitting on top of an examination bed. She is in her day clothes that she wore into the hospital. She puts her phone into her purse. She has apparently just gotten off of a call. As she puts her phone away, Dr. Evanston enters the room.

DR. EVANSTON: Hello, Miss Anderson.

Related image
LINDSAY: Hi, Doctor.

DR. EVANSTON: How are you feeling?

LINDSAY: Better. I took my medication and it helped.

DR. EVANSTON: Good. And, are you good on fluids?

LINDSAY: Yes.

DR. EVANSTON: Very good. I know you’re very busy. So, I won’t keep you.

LINDSAY: Thank you. But, before I go, I do have a question.

DR. EVANSTON: Of course. You can ask me anything.

LINDSAY: Thank you.

DR. EVANSTON: What were you wanting to know?

LINDSAY: The man who brought me in…, is he still here?

DR. EVANSTON: Yes. And, he does ask me about you about every two minutes. He seems to like you, Miss Anderson. He seems to like you a lot.

LINDSAY: I bet he does. (whispers) I bet he does.
MIMI’S CAFE

Veronica walks into Mimi’s Cafe. She heads up to the counter.

BARISTA: What can I get you today, miss?

Related image
VERONICA: I’ll take a chocolate croissant and a white mocha.

BARISTA: Of course. Can I get a name?

VERONICA: Sterling.

BARISTA: Very good. I’ll have that up for you shortly.

VERONICA: Thank you.

As Veronica turns around, she bumps into Mimi.

Image result for Kelli Goss
MIMI: What are you doing here? Don’t you have a job or something? And, after everything that has happened, why would you come into my cafe?

VERONICA: Mimi, I just wanted something good to eat and a white mocha. That’s it. Calm down. Bumping into you wasn’t something I planned out all day.

MIMI: I know you, Veronica. You plan out everything. I know you’re trying to get under my skin. News flash, it’s not gonna work.
ANDERSON MANSION - LIVING ROOM

Michael is sitting down on the couch. He is wearing a pair of reading glasses and playing a game on his cellphone. His game is interrupted when he receives a phone call. He answers the call right away.

Image result for Clayton Norcross
MICHAEL: (on the phone) This better be good. I’m on the 1,000th level of Candy Crush and I’m just about to beat it.

Related image
THOMAS: (over the phone) Sorry, dad. I just really needed to talk to you.

MICHAEL: (on the phone) Really? Is everything okay, son?

THOMAS: (over the phone) Yeah. Everything’s fine. I just wanted to tell you that I’m headed to the airport now. I closed my deal in Paris early this morning. And, now, I’m headed back to Thorne Hill.
PHILIP’S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM

Philip is in the kitchen. He is washing a plate. As he puts the plate on the drying rack, his phone begins to ring. He shuts off the water, dries his hands with a kitchen towel, and retrieves his phone from his back pocket. He answers the call.

Related image
PHILIP: (on the phone) Hey, babe. No, I don’t mind if you meet a friend for lunch after you get your dress. We still have plenty of time before we need to get to the hotel.

As Philip continues to talk on the phone, there’s a knock at the door.

PHILIP: (on the phone) Hey, babe, I gotta go. Someone’s at the door. I love you too and I will see you later. Bye now.

Philip hangs up the phone and goes to the door.

PHILIP: (opening the door) Hey, sis. What are you doing here?

Related image
AMY: I thought we could pre-game before the party tonight.

PHILIP: (laughs) What do you mean by that?

Amy holds up a large brown gas station bag.

AMY: I mean that I brought beer and plenty of junk food. It’s time we celebrate.

PHILIP: (stepping aside) Don’t let me stop you from coming in.
WHITMORE MANSION - LIVING ROOM

Judith and Stuart are pacing around the living room. Stuart is talking on his cell phone.


STUART: (on the phone) Thank you. Sounds good. And what about the other half? Okay. Thank you, Mr. Mitchum. Thank you for everything.

Stuart hangs up the phone and stop pacing. Judith stops pacing as well and goes to him.

Related image
JUDITH: What did Mr. Mitchum say?

STUART: We can get half the money right away. The other half will have to wait.

JUDITH: Why does the other half have to wait? Stuart, Vargas is demanding ten million dollars from us. I don’t think he’ll take it in monthly payments like some infomercial. Go ahead and blackmail the Whitmores for five easy payments of 19.99 plus shipping and handling.

STUART: Don’t you think I know what’s going on here? Don’t you think I know what kind of game this is, Judith? This is our whole lives on the line.

JUDITH: Damn right it is! I just want to know when you’re going to start taking this whole thing seriously?! Vargas could bring us down in a matter of seconds! You seem to just want to wait around and twiddle your thumbs! I got news for you, though, I’m not gonna wait around. I’ll be damned if this thing doesn’t end today!

Back at the Anderson Mansion, in the Living Room, Michael is standing over by the desk. He is still talking to Thomas on his cellphone.

MICHAEL: (on the phone) I’ve missed you very much, son. This family has felt incomplete without your presence in this town.

THOMAS: (over the phone) Thanks for saying that, dad.

MICHAEL: (on the phone) Hey, I’ve got an idea. Why don’t I gather the family together at the house tonight? We can all celebrate your return.

THOMAS: (over the phone) Are you sure that’s necessary?

MICHAEL: (on the phone) My son is coming home. Of course it’s necessary.

THOMAS: (over the phone) I guess it’ll be a good way to show you guys my surprise.

MICHAEL: (on the phone) You have a surprise for us?

THOMAS: (over the phone) Yes. And, I think you’ll like it.

MICHAEL: (on the phone) Well, I can’t wait to see it and you. I should let you go now so you can get home to us. I love you, son.

THOMAS: (over the phone) Love you too, dad. Love you too.

Michael hangs up his phone and smiles.

MICHAEL: My son is finally coming home.
MEMORIAL HOSPITAL - 5TH FLOOR

Lindsay walks out of the examination room. She shuts the door behind her. As she walks up to the front desk, Carter walks up to her.

CARTER: Hey.

A Nurse hands Lindsay her discharge papers. She begins signing them.

LINDSAY: Hey.

CARTER: You okay?

LINDSAY: Yeah. I’m fine.

Lindsay hands the papers back to the Nurse.

LINDSAY: You know, you didn’t have to stay.

CARTER: Yeah. I did.

LINDSAY: Why did you feel the need? It’s not like you care about me.

CARTER: That’s where you’re wrong. I do care about you. Yes, we’re going through a hard time right now. But…

LINDSAY: You had sex with my step-mother....your ex-wife. This is so beyond complicated and messy. It’s more than a hard time. It’s not like someone burnt a pie at Thanksgiving. It’s more than that. This is serious. What you did is life changing for so many people. So many people I love.

CARTER: I know.

LINDSAY: (voice breaking) Do you? Do you really?

CARTER: Yes.

LINDSAY: I in no way think you do.

Lindsay grabs her purse.

LINDSAY: Bye, Carter.

Lindsay walks off. Carter watches her walk out of the hospital.
PHILIP’S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM

Philip and Amy are sitting on the couch. They’re drinking beer and eating chips.

PHILIP: Thank you for doing all of this.

AMY: Of course. You celebrated me and Mimi being engaged. I’m happy to do the same for you and Jennifer. Nothing makes me happier than seeing you two face life together.

PHILIP: Cheers to that. Oh, I just thought of something.

AMY: What’s that?

PHILIP: You’ll be at my wedding, even though I wasn’t at your’s.

AMY: Well, you were in a medically induced coma at the time.

PHILIP: Yeah. I’m grateful to still be here.

AMY: I’m grateful you’re here too. The case may be cold, but you’re still alive. And, you are still impacting everyone’s lives for the best.

PHILIP: Can I tell you something? Something to stay between us.

AMY: Of course you can.

PHILIP: The case isn’t cold anymore. I know who ran me over last year.

AMY: (sitting up) Oh my god...who did it?

PHILIP: I can’t tell you all the details. But, just know that it’s connected to Jennifer and Joshua’s parents’ murder.

AMY: Philip, are you kidding me?

PHILIP: No. I’m not. However, I will tell you that it has lifted a lot of weight off of Jennifer and I’s collective shoulders. We feel as though we can be more free now.

AMY: I’m glad that you two feel more free. But, I really want to know.

PHILIP: All will be revealed soon. That much I know to be true.

Philip takes a drink of his beer.

Back at Mimi’s Cafe, Mimi is wiping down the coffee bar. Veronica grabs her order from the Barista at the front counter and goes to Mimi.

VERONICA: You know, I really didn’t think about you all day. I just came here for something good to eat and a drink on my lunch break. That’s it.

MIMI: Yeah. Whatever you say.

VERONICA: It’s the truth.

MIMI: Don’t you talk to me about the truth! Since you got here all those months ago, you have been nothing short of manipulative. You weasled your way into Jennifer and Joshua’s lives. You oughta be lucky they accepted you. Then, better yet, you’ve made it a point almost everyday to bump into me and have something to do with me.

VERONICA: Mimi...I…

MIMI: I’m still talking! I’m putting you on notice, Veronica. I’m married. I’m a business owner. And, fingers crossed...I have a child coming into my life shortly. I am not letting you manipulate my and everyone else's lives anymore. This is the final straw.

Mimi begins to walk away but turns around.

MIMI: Oh, and remember, I have the right to refuse service to anyone. And, I’m choosing to exercise my right against you. Get the hell out of my cafe.

Mimi and Veronica stare one another down.

Back at the Whitmore Mansion, in the Living Room, Judith goes over to the bar cart and pours herself a glass of bourbon. She then takes a sip of it and takes a deep breath.

STUART: You never drink this early.

JUDITH: (turning around) I only do if I’m stressed.

Judith sets her glass down on the bar cart.

JUDITH: You still haven’t answered my question.

STUART: That’s because you already know the answer. You know I’m taking this seriously. I ended up in the hospital a few days ago just discussing the matter with you.

JUDITH: True. Stuart, I’m scared. I’m really scared. I’ve never been this scared in my whole life. Vargas is like the monster under the bed, and I’m the little girl running scared to her mother. What are we gonna do?

STUART: I don’t know. For once, I don’t know what the future holds. You’ve admitted something to me. I guess I should admit something to you.

JUDITH: What do you mean?

STUART: Judith, I know that we’re divorced. I know that was my decision based on what you did with Michael. But, I gotta let you know that I miss you. I miss you in this house. I miss you in my life on a more regular basis. I just miss you. And, I think that right now, it wouldn’t hurt if we leaned on each other.

Judith rushes up to Stuart and embraces him.

JUDITH: I couldn’t agree more, darling.

The camera zooms in on a choked up Stuart.

***END OF EPISODE 61***

No comments:

Post a Comment