Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2019

EPISODE #56

EPISODE 56

Created By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Mike Larry
Written By: Casey Hutchison & Mike Larry

SAME DAY. NIGHT.
ORIGINAL AIRDATE: June 6th, 2019 (Thursday)
PHILIP’S APARTMENT - BEDROOM

Philip and Jennifer are laying in bed. They are snuggled close. Jennifer has her iPAD on and opened to her calendar.

Paige Hurd
JENNIFER: Alright, we need to finalize a date for the party. I need to get it posted in the Facebook group by tomorrow.


PHILIP: I understand. This is so much easier than doing invitations.

JENNIFER: It most certainly is. Oh, how about the 14th?

PHILIP: Do you think we can get everything ready by then?

JENNIFER: I think that we can. It’ll be easy. Besides, most of it is already done. We’ve got a venue. We’ve got a caterer. We’ve got a DJ.

PHILIP: (laughs) So, all we needed was the date? Is that what you’re saying?

JENNIFER: You catch on so fast.

Jennifer leans in and kisses Philip.
QUENTIN’S HOME - LIVING ROOM

Quentin is standing over by the bar cart and pouring himself a glass of water. As he takes a sip of his water, there’s a knock at the door. Quentin sets down his glass of water and walks over to the door and opens it.


QUENTIN: Special Agent Clark. D.A. Portsmith.


EMERSON: Hello, Quentin.

Image result for Eric Roberts
RUSSELL: Do you have a second to talk?

QUENTIN: About?

EMERSON: Your former sister-in-law.

QUENTIN: I told you that I took care of Judith.

RUSSELL: We know that’s what you said. But, we still need to talk about her. She already finds you suspicious. We can’t have that. Let us in. Now.
THE PALACE HOTEL - AVA’S SUITE

Ava is sitting on the bed. She is staring blankly at the wall. Then, there’s a knock at the door. She gets up slowly and walks over to the door. She opens it.

Related image
JUDITH: Ava, what’s going on? Your text sounded urgent.

Instead of saying something, Ava immediately embraces her sister.


AVA: Thank God you’re here.

After a few seconds, Judith wraps her arms around Ava. Ava begins to lightly cry in Judith’s arms. Ava hugs her sister more tightly.

JUDITH: Shhh...shhh...shhh. I’m here now, darling. I’m here now.
LINDSAY’S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM

Lindsay and Carter enter the penthouse. Lindsay slams the door behind them. She then throws her purse and keys on the table next to the door.


CARTER: You didn’t speak a word to me on the car ride home. You also didn’t speak a word to me when we stopped to get something to eat.

Related image
LINDSAY: Its been a long day. I’ve been in the hospital twice. I’ve had a pounding headache since I woke up. Oh, and my boyfriend is keeping something from me.

CARTER: Lindsay, do we have to do this now?

LINDSAY: Yeah, we do. I laid out my terms for you. Either you tell me the secret that you and Cynthia are keeping; or I walk away from this. For good. Do you really want that to happen? We just got our relationship back on track after all we’ve been through. Carter, if we are to continue, the lies have to stop. We cannot go through another incident like we did the one that got you ousted at my family’s company. We have to try better. But, we can’t do that until you come clean. So, what the hell is this secret?

CARTER: Lindsay, regardless of me telling the truth, the moment I tell you what this secret is, it will break us. It’ll end things for us.

LINDSAY: Oh my god. I know what it is. It all makes sense.

CARTER: What do you think it is?

LINDSAY: I don’t think. I know. You did a lot more than kiss her. Didn’t you? You slept with her, Carter. That has to be it. You had sex with your ex-wife...my step-mother.
JACKSON FAMILY HOME - KITCHEN

Joshua is standing over by the stove. He is making a pot of warm milk. As he continues to stir the milk in the pot, Andrea enters.

Andrea Bowen
ANDREA: (sighs) Hi.

Andrea walks up to Joshua and wraps her arms around him.


JOSHUA: What are you doing up, baby?

ANDREA: I’ve had to pee like 32 times tonight. This baby is pushing on everything. What are you doing up though? It’s really late.

JOSHUA: Yeah. I know. I just...I couldn’t sleep.

ANDREA: I see.

JOSHUA: Do you want some warm milk?

Joshua turns off the stove. Andrea walks over to a cabinet and gets two glasses.

ANDREA: I’d love some.

She closes the cabinet and walks back over to Joshua. Joshua begins pouring milk into the drinking glasses. Andrea takes one.

ANDREA: Thank you.

JOSHUA: Of course.

Andrea and Joshua walk over to the kitchen island and sit on the stools.

JOSHUA: So, what should we do while we’re up?

ANDREA: I don’t know.

JOSHUA: We could binge watch The Handmaid’s Tale.

ANDREA: I have a better idea.

JOSHUA: Oh yeah? What’s that?

ANDREA: Why don’t we pick a name for our baby?

Back at Philip’s Apartment, in the Bedroom, Philip and Jennifer are still kissing one another very passionately. They then come off of the kiss.

PHILIP: If we keep doing this, we won’t be able to finalize any details.

JENNIFER: I think we’ve done enough work for tonight.

Jennifer shuts off her iPAD and puts it on the nightstand.

PLAY MUSIC FOR MONTAGE

PHILIP: Do you now?

JENNIFER: Yes, I do. Make love to me, Philip.

Philip leans in close to Jennifer. They stare deeply into one another’s eyes. Then, he kisses her passionately. He continues to kiss her as she puts her hand on his right thigh. He then begins to take off her silk pajama top.

The screen fades in and out.

Philip and Jennifer are now naked and under the covers. Philip is on top of Jennifer. He is lightly thrusting forward. The two are still kissing. Jennifer lets out a little moan.

JENNIFER: Oh god. Don’t stop. I love you so much.

PHILIP: I love you too, baby.

The screen fades in and out.

Jennifer is now on top of Philip. He puts his hands on her back and in a rubbing motion brings hands down her arms. She blinks slowly and sits up straight on top of him.

The screen fades in and out.

Jennifer and Philip are now side by side. They are still kissing passionately. Then, they join hands with their left hands. The camera pans down as their joined hands fall to the bed. The song fades out slowly.

Back at The Jackson Family Home, in the Kitchen, Andrea takes a sip of her warm milk. She then sets the glass down in front of her.

ANDREA: Since we know that it’s a boy, how about we name him Will?

JOSHUA: You just like that name because you absolutely loved Will Smith playing the Genie in the Aladdin remake. You raved about it for almost a month.

ANDREA: True. It is a good name though.

JOSHUA: Yes, it is.

ANDREA: Do you have any name ideas?

JOSHUA: I always liked the name Cruise.

ANDREA: (laughs) This isn’t some bad 1950s spy movie where the guy has to track down the girl that was kidnapped by his arch nemesis.

JOSHUA: Good point. Anymore ideas?

ANDREA: Well, I don’t know if you know this right now. But, one of the hottest things to do now-a-days is take the last names of both parents and see if they fit together for a name. It’s supposed to give both parents this sense of equalness.

JOSHUA: I like that idea. Pierce Jackson.

ANDREA: I love the way that name sounds.

JOSHUA: Doctor Pierce Jackson.

ANDREA: (laughs) Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. Let’s not get too ahead of ourselves. Just because we’re doctors doesn’t mean that our son has to follow in our footsteps.

JOSHUA: I can’t wait until our son comes into this world.

ANDREA: Same here. It’s going to be a beautiful thing.

JOSHUA: (smiling) Very much so. (whispers) Very much so.

Back at Quentin’s Home, in the Living Room, Quentin, Emerson, and Russell sit down on the living room furniture. Emerson sets her briefcase next to her.

QUENTIN: I assure you that Judith is not a problem. If she was, I would’ve dealt with this a long time ago. She just thought that I was going backwards to a very dark place in my life. She had no idea that I was even thinking about she and Stuart.

EMERSON: Maybe we should’ve investigated the role their Asian Pacific region partners played in this first. I had a hunch that it was too risky to have you return to this town after five years and hope everything would be alright.

RUSSELL: We can still pull him out of the operation. Let me go ahead and make a few calls. By tomorrow, I can get a team investigating the part the Norita family played in the Whitmore’s new international hotel going belly up from dangerous working conditions.

EMERSON: Sounds good. Go ahead…

QUENTIN: (standing) Wait a damn minute!

Emerson and Russell stand up as well.

QUENTIN: I have everything under control. You guys have no idea how clueless everyone is around this town. They’ve all embraced my return. Well...almost. I’m getting through the obstacles. I just need a bit more time.

EMERSON: Listen here, Quentin. You have less than three months to get us information that we can use for a conviction. Do you understand?

QUENTIN: Yes.

EMERSON: Good. If you cannot fulfill the task that Russell and I want you to, then just say so. We can stop this whole thing a New York minute. We need dedicated investigators on a case like this that are outside the department. You picked up the phone the second we called you. And, it didn’t take you long to agree to this whole thing. You said that you wanted to do what was right and get justice for the families that were destroyed by your family not checking twice when it came to the safety on their work sites.

QUENTIN: I still want to get justice for the victims.

EMERSON: Then start acting like it.

RUSSELL: Emerson’s right. Now, if you’ll excuse us, we must be going.

QUENTIN: Certainly. I’ll call you the second I get my next update.

RUSSELL: You better.

Emerson and Russell leave. The second they close the door, Quentin takes a very deep breath. He then flops down on the couch.

Back at The Palace Hotel, in Ava’s Suite, Ava and Judith are sitting on the bed.

JUDITH: So, he finally did it? He came out of hiding?

AVA: Yes. He jumped out at me in the parking garage.

JUDITH: You must’ve been absolutely terrified.

AVA: I was. I was even more terrified when I tried to walk away and he grabbed me by the arm. Of course I pulled my gun on him in self defense.

JUDITH: Oh god, you pulled your gun on him?

AVA: Yes. I should’ve shot the bastard right then and there.

JUDITH: No one would have blamed you. Look, Stuart and I were talking today.

AVA: Oh, I forgot about Stuart in all of this. How is he?

JUDITH: He’s doing good, honey. Anyway, we decided that it might be best if you moved into the penthouse with me. There’s already security there. And, it’s 100 percent secluded from the rest of the building.

AVA: Are you sure I won’t be a bother?

JUDITH: Of course not. Honey, this was our idea for your safety.

AVA: Thank you for all you’ve done for me. The important part is that you guys are also protected. You, Amy, Stuart, even Philip.

JUDITH: We’ll be fine. Come on (standing) I’ll help you pack up.

AVA: Thank you.

Back at Lindsay’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Lindsay turns around and walks a few steps away from Carter. Then, she turns around and tucks her hair behind her ears.

LINDSAY: Just say it. Say it and get it over with. Just say that you slept with her.

There’s a short pause between them. Then, Lindsay picks up a vase from her fireplace mantle and throws it on the ground, shattering it.

LINDSAY: Say it! You say it!

CARTER: (deep breath) I slept with her.

Lindsay walks up to Carter and slaps him.

LINDSAY: I knew it! I knew it! I knew that was the secret! God, I can’t believe you did this. One kiss...one makeout session did so much damage to so many people. Yet, you guys thought that you should hurt everyone a little bit more.

CARTER: That’s not what it was like.

LINDSAY: That’s what you said about the kiss. Then, you came up with all these excuses as to how you didn’t mean to hurt me; how you only love me…, the list went on, and on, and on. I’m not playing this game again. I love you, Carter. I want you. Don’t you want me?

CARTER: Yes, I do.

LINDSAY: Then why do you keep hurting me like this? Why do you keep chasing after a woman who is committed...supposedly committed...to my father? You and Cynthia are divorced. You two got a divorce because you had an affair with another woman. I guess this is jsut habit for you. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

CARTER: It’s not like that.

LINDSAY: Then tell me what it’s like! (tears begin to fall) Tell me what it’s like for you. Why do you like cheating and hurting me in the process? Is it a game for you? Do you get off on hurting your significant others?

CARTER: (voice breaks) Lindsay…, I do love you. Sleeping with Cynthia carried no emotional attachment. I promise you that.

LINDSAY: Don’t promise me anything. That’s a lie, and you know it! Of course there’s an emotional attachment there. The kissing thing...I get it. She was drunk. I’ve started to understand that a bit more. But, I will never understand how there was not any emotions felt while she was unzipping your pants and falling to her knees. If you want to go be with that little slut, then go.

CARTER: I can’t. Not yet. We have so much to talk about.

LINDSAY: What else is there to talk about? Do you have more heartless apologies to put out there? I tell you what, I won’t accept them.

CARTER: No. That’s not it. I am sorry. But, right now, I need to know what you’re going to tell your father. Obviously you’re going to share this news with him.

LINDSAY: That’s where you’re wrong. I’m done. I am so done! Cynthia can tell him. You can tell him. His guardian angel can tell him. I need to rest. I need to take a break from this. Ever since that woman came into my life and the life of all of my family, it has been one damn incident after another. For my sanity, I just can’t do this anymore. Get out.

Carter stares on at Lindsay.

LINDSAY: Get out! Get out! Get out! Get out!

CARTER: Lindsay…

LINDSAY: Get the hell out of my house.

Carter pauses for just a moment but then leaves. As he shuts the door, Lindsay walks over to the couch and takes a seat. She wipes away her tears.

LINDSAY: (sniffles) Why do I want him so bad? I still feel so much for him. Even after all of this, I’ll be damned if Cynthia steals another thing from me.

As Lindsay rubs her hands through her hair, she begins to hear a voice on the inside. It’s almost like it’s talking directly to her.

WOMAN: (in Lindsay’s mind) I can help you get him. And, I can help you do away with Cynthia forever.

LINDSAY: Who’s there?

WOMAN: (in Lindsay’s mind) You can’t see me. I’m you. Well, in other words, I’m the one who is protecting you, Lindsay.

LINDSAY: What do you mean you’re me?

WOMAN: (in Lindsay’s mind) Think of me as a different version of yourself. You created me to become one with you to deal with all the stress in your life. I’m like a crutch for you. You don’t know it, but I even have a name.

LINDSAY: What’s your name?

WOMAN: (in Lindsay’s mind) Lacey. And, I’m taking over your life now. I’m going to fix everything for you. Think of me as another personality.

Lindsay leans back on the couch. She then begins to smile.

LINDSAY: Hello, I’m Lacey.

The camera zooms in on Lindsay’s smiling face.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 56***

No comments:

Post a Comment