Pages

Monday, October 7, 2019

EPISODE #57

EPISODE 57

Created By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Mike Larry
Written By: Casey Hutchison & Mike Larry

NEW DAY. MORNING.
ORIGINAL AIRDATE: June 7th, 2019 (Friday)
LINDSAY’S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM

The camera pans up from the floor to the couch. Lindsay is laying down on the couch, asleep. She turns over and then begins to slowly wake up upon the sound of her phone ringing. Lindsay tries to reach for her phone but she misses and it falls on the floor.

Related image
LINDSAY: (sighs) Jesus Christ.

Lindsay slowly sits up and reaches down for her phone.

LINDSAY: (looking at her phone) Thomas?

Lindsay answers the call right away.

LINDSAY: (on the phone) Thomas. Oh my god. Hi.

HOTEL SUITE IN PARIS

Thomas is standing over by the desk in the room and talking on the phone.

ANNOUNCER: The role of Thomas Anderson is now being played by Billy Flynn.

Related image
THOMAS: (on the phone) Hello, sis. I’ve missed ‘ya.

SPLIT SCREEN BEGINS...

LINDSAY: I’ve missed you too. Where are you exactly?
*
THOMAS: Paris.
*
LINDSAY: Well, I hope you’re doing well. (voice breaking) Because, I’m not really doing fine right now. A lot has happened since you left. A lot of not good things.
*
THOMAS: Sis, what’s going on?
*
LINDSAY: Carter and I are going through something once again because of our slutty step-mother. I just could really use right now. I just need you here to fix all of my problems. When are you coming home, Thomas? When?
THE PALACE HOTEL - CARTER’S SUITE

Cynthia enters the room. Carter shuts the door and goes to her.

Related image
CYNTHIA: Why have you called me over here? I would think with what happened yesterday, we would want to stay far away from one another. 

Image result for Redaric Williams
CARTER: That’s exactly why I wanted to talk to you. We need to discuss what happened yesterday, Cynthia. There’s too much on the line.

CYNTHIA: Look, Lindsay called Michael and told him that she fainted outside of your room last night. She didn’t tell him anything more than that. Nothing about hearing that we have a secret. Thank god. And, I take it because Michael didn’t blow up at me, that Lindsay knows nothing.

CARTER: You’d assume wrong. She knows everything. And, it’s only a matter of time before this whole damn town knows that we slept together.
QUENTIN’S HOME - LIVING ROOM

Quentin enters the living room, drinking a cup of coffee. As he does enter the room, there’s a knock at the door. He goes immediately to the door.


QUENTIN: (opening the door) Michael, what are you doing here?

Image result for Clayton Norcross
MICHAEL: I was wondering if you have a second to talk?

QUENTIN: I actually have somewhere I need to be.

MICHAEL: That’s fine. This won’t take long.

QUENTIN: Okay. What’s up?

MICHAEL: I need you to stay the hell away from my sister.
ADOPTION AGENCY

The elevator doors ding open. Veronica steps off of the elevator and begins to walk down a hallway of offices. She then stops at the one that says: Betty Lancaster.

Veronica smiles and knocks on the door.

MRS. LANCASTER: (calling out) Come in!

Veronica opens the door and enters the office.

MRS. LANCASTER’S OFFICE

MRS. LANCASTER: (standing) Miss, can I help you?

Related image
VERONICA: Yes. Yes, you can.

MRS. LANCASTER: Okay. What’s going on and who are you?

VERONICA: My name’s Veronica Sterling. And, we need to have a long chat about Amy Whitmore and Mimi Andrews-Whitmore.
WHITMORE MANSION - DINGING ROOM

Judith enters the dining room. She lets out a deep breath. As she begins to look over the breakfast food that has been set out, Amy enters the room.

ANNOUNCER: The role of Judith McClaine is now being played by Crystal Chappell.

Related image
AMY: Hi, mom.

Related image
JUDITH: Hi, darling. You’re a little early.

AMY: I know. I just wanted to see if you needed help with anything?

JUDITH: No, I’m fine. Thank you. Has your brother picked your father up from the hospital yet? I want to make sure they’re here a little bit after the guests arrive for your father’s welcome home breakfast.

AMY: I see you’re trying to make it a surprise?

JUDITH: Surprises are my specialty.

AMY: Can I ask you a question, mom?

JUDITH: Of course.

AMY: Was it hard for you to put this surprise together in this home?

JUDITH: Its been a long time since I have done something in this home that brings everyone together. I’ve missed doing things like this. I’ve missed living in this home with your father. I’ll always care about your father. And, I want to celebrate his homecoming. I don’t care that we’re not married anymore. He deserves to come home to something special.

Then, the doorbell is heard ringing.

JUDITH: Well, I guess it’s time to let the guests in.

Back at the Adoption Agency, in Mrs. Lancaster’s Office, Veronica is sitting down on a chair in front of Mrs. Lancaster’s desk. Mrs. Lancaster walks up to Veronica and hands her a glass of water.

VERONICA: Thank you so much.

MRS. LANCASTER: Of course.

Mrs. Lancaster goes behind her desk and sits down.

MRS. LANCASTER: Do you mind if I take notes?

VERONICA: Not at all.

Mrs. Lancaster pulls out a legal pad and pen from her desk.

MRS. LANCASTER: So, what exactly do you have to say about the Whitmore couple? Is it something bad that I should know?

VERONICA: Not at all. Mimi is one of the kindest and most amazing people that I know. And, she and Amy will be wonderful parents.

MRS. LANCASTER: Forgive me, but I find this all very strange.

VERONICA: Why do you say that, Mrs. Lancaster?

MRS. LANCASTER: Well, when someone barges into my office to discuss clients of mine, it’s usually to sink their chances at that couple getting a child.

VERONICA: That’s not what I have set out to do here today. Sometimes, you need to shine a light on good people. It’s important that you know that Amy and Mimi would be the best candidate out there to get a child.

MRS. LANCASTER: I couldn’t agree more. If you don’t mind me asking, what’s your relation to this particular couple?

VERONICA: (short pause) Lets just say that I’m an old friend.

Veronica smiles at Mrs. Lancaster.

Back at Quentin’s Home, in the Living Room, Michael and Quentin fully enter the room. Michael unbuttons his suit jacket.

QUENTIN: Seriously? Are you kidding me right now? Your sister is a grown woman. She can make her own decisions when it comes to her love life.

MICHAEL: Yes, she can. She said that very same thing to me last night when we had dinner together. My sister is an incredible, strong, independent woman. However, I will always feel the need to protect that incredible heart of her’s. You Whitmore brothers have always been trouble for women.

QUENTIN: So have you, Michael. After all, you had a long affair with my brother’s now ex-wife. Who are you to throw stones at anyone’s dating life?

MICHAEL: Good point. But, when it comes to something like this, the past doesn’t matter. This is my sister we’re talking about.

QUENTIN: And she doesn’t need her big brother to pull a macho act. Michael, this is ridiculous. Your sister didn’t even give me a ‘yes.’ She barely gave me the time of day.

MICHAEL: Regardless, I bet you’ll continue to pursue her.

QUENTIN: Maybe. We’ll see what changes.

MICHAEL: Just stay away from her. It’s in your best interest.

QUENTIN: Is that a threat?

MICHAEL: Take it as a suggestion.

Michael and Quentin stare one another down.

Back at The Palace Hotel, in Carter’s Suite, Cynthia sets her handbag down on the desk. She takes a deep breath and turns around.

CYNTHIA: Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn!

CARTER: What?

CYNTHIA: You know what! Telling Lindsay was a stupid ass decision. How could you do that to me, Carter? You promised to keep our secret buried forever.

CARTER: I had to tell, Lindsay. She was already onto us. And, she said that if I didn’t tell her, that she would leave me for good.

CYNTHIA: I see. You chose her over your own life. Over my life. In the whole grand scheme of things, Lindsay has less to lose than the both of us. I am married to her father! Her father despises you! The moment she tells him, he is going to come after you.

CARTER: She’s not gonna tell a soul what I told her. She said that she was done with you and our history. She said that she…

CYNTHIA: I don’t care what Lindsay said! This is my life! Carter, I know her. She might have given you the initial impression that she’s backing away from this. But, I assure you that she is not. I know for a fact that she is probably sitting in her apartment right now cooking up some plan to get back at the both of us. It’s only a matter of time before both of our worlds come crumbling down.

Back at Lindsay’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Lindsay is now pacing around the room. She is still talking on the phone.

LINDSAY: (on the phone) Please tell me that you’ve already booked your flight home. I need for you to be here in Thorne Hill.

SPLIT SCREEN

Back in Paris, in a Hotel Suite, Thomas sits on the bed.

THOMAS: (on the phone) I will be home in a few weeks. I just have some business to finish up in Paris. The Channings wanted me to come here instead of California. We’re in contract negotiations to see if I can buy some of their land here in Paris for a new vineyard.
*
LINDSAY: I guess that’s good.
*
THOMAS: It is. It’ll mean that The Grape Escape will be raking in a lot of money. That is if the deal does in fact go through.
*
LINDSAY: I’m sure it will. You’re a smart businessman. Plus, with your corporate law degree, I’m sure those contracts are easy to read through.
*
THOMAS: They are. Look, sis, I do have to get off of here soon. Did you want to talk about what’s going on with you and Carter?
*
LINDSAY: No. No, I don’t. Hearing your voice made me feel a bit better though. I think I just need to rest for the rest of today.
*
THOMAS: Okay. I love you.
*
LINDSAY: I love you too.

END OF SPLIT SCREEN

Lindsay hangs up the phone and wipes away some tears.

Back at the Whitmore Mansion, in the Dining Room, Judith, Amy, Mimi, Philip, Jennifer, Joshua, Andrea, and Ava are sitting around the table. Stuart is also at the table in the head seat. They’re all having breakfast.


STUART: Judith, thank you for putting this all together. I can’t tell you how much it means to me to have everyone around.

JUDITH: My pleasure. You know, as we continue to eat, I’d like to say something. In fact, I’d like everyone to say something. Stuart, your most recent hospital stay has put a lot of things into perspective. Now, everyone at this table knows we’re divorced.

Everyone laughs a little.

JUDITH: But, they also know that my love for you will never die. We’ve started to heal our relationship together, which has led to a great friendship. I’m so happy that you’re home. I’m so happy that you’re feeling better. And, I’m so happy that we all get to share in these moments with you.

AMY: Mom’s right. We get to share in a ton of moments with you now until forever. Dad, I can’t wait for you to meet your grandchild. I can’t wait for that grandchild to be around the incredible spirit that you are. And, I think I can speak for both Mimi and I when I say that you will make an amazing grandfather.

Image result for Kelli Goss
MIMI: We’re so happy that you’re around to see our future child.

Related image
PHILIP: And, I’m happy that you’re going to be around for Jennifer and I’s wedding. I love you, dad. You’re the best dad a guy could ask for.

Image result for paige hurd
JENNIFER: And, you’re the best soon-to-be-father-in-law out there.

Related image
AVA: And, you’re the best protector.

Related image
ANDREA: And, the best patient.

Image result for Nathan Owens
JOSHUA: I completely agree.

Everyone laughs again.

STUART: Oh, you guys. Thank you for sharing those funny and thoughtful things about me. Look, this past year has been very trying. But, it also made me realize something. It made me realize that nothing is more important than who you surround yourself with. I’m grateful that I get to surround myself with a loving family and great friends everyday. (standing) So, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to retire to the living room to rest for just a bit. Please, continue to eat, drink those amazing mimosas, and be happy. I love all of you.

Stuart smiles and nods. He walks out of the room.

JUDITH: (standing/wiping her lip with her napkin) Please, excuse me.

Judith sets the napkin on the table and walks out of the room as well.

WHITMORE MANSION - LIVING ROOM

Seconds later, in the Living Room, Stuart and Judith enter the room.

STUART: I had no idea you were going to put this whole thing together.

JUDITH: Good. I wanted it to be a surprise.

STUART: I bet you did.

JUDITH: How are you feeling? Really, I mean.

STUART: I’m doing good. I’m doing even better now that you put this whole thing together. Judith, I mean it when I say that this is one of the nicest things you’ve ever done for me.

JUDITH: My pleasure.

As Judith and Stuart are about to share a close and thoughtful moment, Stuart’s phone vibrates. He retrieves it from his back pocket. He looks down at his phone, puzzled.

JUDITH: Stuart, is everything alright?

STUART: No. Nothing’s alright.

JUDITH: What is it?

STUART: It’s Vargas.

JUDITH: Vargas? What the hell does he want?

STUART: He just texted me and told me that he has been in contact with Philip and Jennifer. He’s demanding ten million dollars.

JUDITH: And, what will he do if we don’t comply with that demand?

STUART: He says that if we don’t give him the money, he’ll tell Philip everything.

Judith gasps and covers her mouth. The camera cuts back and forth between Stuart and Judith, zooming in a little more with each cut.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 57***

No comments:

Post a Comment