Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

EPISODE #59

EPISODE 59

Created By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Mike Larry
Written By: Casey Hutchison & Mike Larry

SAME DAY. NIGHT.
ORIGINAL AIRDATE: June 11th, 2019 (Tuesday)
THE PAINTED DOCK - DINING AREA

Jennifer and Andrea sit at a booth. Each of them sets their purse next to them.

Related image
ANDREA: Gosh, I feel as though it has been forever since I’ve seen you.

Image result for paige hurd
JENNIFER: Same here. I’ve missed you so much. How’s life been?

ANDREA: Good. As you know, Josh and I are just trying to get ready for this baby. Since you’ve been spending a lot of time at Philip’s apartment lately, you haven’t even gotten to see the nursery yet. I will have you know that it’s beautiful.

JENNIFER: I bet it is. I’ll be over soon to see it.

ANDREA: I hope so. You know, I gotta be honest. I’m nervous about giving birth and bringing a child into the world soon. But, if one thing goes okay…, then hopefully everything else will fall into place. Fingers crossed.
AMY & MIMI’S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM

Amy and Mimi enter the apartment. Amy slams the door behind them and throws her purse and keys onto a side table by the door.

Related image
AMY: I guess we need to get on the phone with Mrs. Lancaster right away. I cannot believe that bitch tried to manipulate this whole situation! You know, she says that she only said all this good stuff about us…

Image result for Kelli Goss
MIMI: But, you don’t believe her?

AMY: Of course I don’t. Do you?

MIMI: Not at all.

AMY: Good. We’re on the same page. I’m happy to hear that. This is the last time I’m gonna let her get into our personal lives. I’ve warned her before. She obviously didn’t take that warning to heart. I’m gonna show her what a big mistake that was!
ANDERSON MANSION - LIVING ROOM

Cynthia and Michael are sitting on the couch. They’re both spread out on the couch. Cynthia is leaning on Michael’s chest.

Image result for Clayton Norcross
MICHAEL: We’ve been on this couch practically the whole evening.

Related image
CYNTHIA: I guess that we have. I wouldn’t trade this moment for anything. I haven’t felt this close to you in a long time.

MICHAEL: Same here. You know, I do have a surprise for you. Something to commemorate you moving back into this home. Our home.

CYNTHIA: Really?

MICHAEL: Oh yes.

CYNTHIA: Well, (laughs) go get it.

MICHAEL: Sure thing.

Michael and Cynthia sit up. Cynthia smiles on at Michael as he walks out of the room. Then, her phone begins to ring. She looks down at her phone, which is on the table. The caller ID reads, CARTER MORRISON. Cynthia lets out a sigh and picks up the phone. She answers the call.

CYNTHIA: (on the phone) Why in the hell are you calling me right now?

Image result for Redaric Williams
CARTER: (over the phone) Because, we need to figure out what we’re going to do. We need to come up with a plan before it’s too late for us to save our own asses.
MARTIN’S BAR

At Martin’s Bar, Lindsay enters the establishment and immediately goes up to the bar table. She sits on a stool. A Bartender walks over to her.

Related image
LINDSAY: Scotch. Neat.

The Bartender nods and sets a glass in front of Lindsay. As he begins to pour liquor into her glass, Lindsay’s phone begins to ring. She opens up her handbag, which is now on the table, and retrieves her phone. She answers the call right away.

LINDSAY: (on the phone) This is Lindsay Anderson, the Co-CEO of The Grape Escape. What can I do for you today?

Related image
THOMAS: (over the phone) Lindsay, Do you always answer a phone call by stating the title that you hold in our company?

LINDSAY: (laughs/on the phone) I thought it might make you proud.

PARIS, FRANCE - HOTEL SUITE

SPLIT SCREEN BEGINS…

Thomas is undoing his tie, while talking on the phone.

THOMAS: I guess you could say that.
***
Lindsay takes a sip of her drink.

LINDSAY: I’m happy to hear from you. What’s up?

THOMAS: I just wanted to call and make sure you were okay. I was taken aback by our last conversation. Are you feeling better lately?
***
LINDSAY: Since our last conversation, I would say I’m a bit better.
***
THOMAS: That’s good. I’m happy to hear that. And, you may be happy to hear that I’m coming home earlier than expected.
***
LINDSAY: Really?
***
THOMAS: Yes. I’m finishing up this deal much quicker.
***
LINDSAY: I’m very happy to hear that.
***
THOMAS: Look, before I let you go, I do have something I need to tell you though. When I return home, I’ll have a surprise for you and dad.
***
LINDSAY: Really?
***
THOMAS: Oh yeah. And, I think you’ll like this surprise.
WHITMORE PENTHOUSE - LIVING ROOM

Judith and Ava enter the living room. Ava lets out a sigh.

Related image
AVA: Thanks for helping me get unpacked.

Related image
JUDITH: Of course. I was thinking about making some tea. Do you want any?

AVA: No, I’m good. Thanks. But, you go ahead.

Judith nods and walks out of the room. Ava turns around and walks over to the couch. She sits down on the couch and takes a deep breath. She leans over and picks up a crystal, glass, decorative ball. Judith has a set of these in a beautiful vase on the coffee table. Ava begins to rub the ball. During this, she becomes deep in thought.

(FLASHBACK)

AVA: Why are you here in town? Why have you followed me?

KEITH: We have so much unfinished business, Ava.

AVA: Like what?

KEITH: I don’t want anyone else to have you. I will not stop till I get you to be mine once again. Even if it means I have to get you by killing us both.

AVA: Stay away from me.

Ava tries to walk passed Keith. However, she grabs her arm forcefully. Ava and Keith stare deeply at one another.

(END OF FLASHBACK)

Ava comes out of her thoughts and drops the crystal ball. The ball shatters. Judith runs in the room. Ava stands from the couch.

JUDITH: Ava, are you okay?

Judith rushes over to Ava. She is silent and shaken up.

JUDITH: Honey, what is it? Talk to me, Ava.

Ava is still silent.

JUDITH: Talk to me.

Back at The Painted Dock, in the Dining Area, Andrea and Jennifer are each having a chicken salad and drinking a glass of iced tea with lemon.

JENNIFER: You know, I think you will make the best mom in the whole world. Any child would be so lucky to have you and my brother.

ANDREA: You’re our biggest cheerleader.

JENNIFER: This child needs a supportive aunt. I’m happy to fill that role.

ANDREA: You’ll make one hell of an aunt.

JENNIFER: Thanks.

ANDREA: Oh, did I tell you that we decided on a name?

JENNIFER: What? You did?

ANDREA: Yes.

JENNIFER: That’s so cool. What are you going to name your child?

ANDREA: Our son will be named Pierce Jackson. It’s of course a combo of Joshua and I’s last names. It’s all the rage to do that right now.

JENNIFER: It’s a beautiful name. It’s a name that honors both of your legacies.

ANDREA: I agree. Your brother of course added Doctor in front of the name the first chance he got. (laughs) He would love for that child to be a surgeon.

JENNIFER: I’m sure he’ll be attracted to medicine.

ANDREA: I told your brother that this child could be anything he wanted to be. But, if I’m being honest, I would like for him to pick up a scalpel.

JENNIFER: I’m sure. I cannot wait for this child to be born. This family has come so far. Even though we’re still trying to track down Josh and I’s parents killer, everything is still falling into place. You’re giving birth to an amazing baby boy in two months, Philip and I are getting married, and we’re all moving along in our careers.

ANDREA: Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Jennifer raises her glass.

JENNIFER: To us.

Andrea raises her glass and they clink them together.

ANDREA: (smiling) To us.

Back at the Whitmore Penthouse, in the Living Room, Judith takes Ava’s hands and helps her step over the shattered glass.

AVA: Gosh, I’m so sorry. I can’t believe I did that.

JUDITH: Ava, it’s okay. Accidents happen. But, I need for you to tell me what led to you breaking that crystal decorative ball in the first place.

AVA: I don’t know what came over me. I was sitting on the couch. And, I started to think about Keith and I’s encounter in the parking garage.

JUDITH: That one that you told me about?

AVA: Yes. I guess I just got so overwhelmed.

JUDITH: That’s understandable. Just know that he won’t get to you here. This place is guarded. Also, it’s private. It’s closed off from the rest of the building. We’re safe here.

AVA: Thank you. Thank you.

Judith and Ava embrace. Judith pats her sister’s back. She decides to say nothing and looks on. She can’t even begin to realize the trauma her sister has gone through. 

Back at Amy and Mimi’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Amy reenters the room. She hangs up her cellphone. She walks over to Mimi, who is now sitting on the couch.

MIMI: Did you catch Mrs. Lancaster before it was too late?

AMY: I did.

MIMI: And…?

AMY: (sitting) I can’t believe it.

MIMI: Veronica was telling the truth about what she said?

AMY: Indeed she was. This doesn’t mean that I trust her anymore than I did before.

MIMI: I don’t either. She obviously wanted to make us go crazy inside our own heads.

AMY: I bet she planned this whole thing from the get go.

MIMI: Of course she did. She even found out who we were working with. She had to go to great lengths to get that information.

AMY: I don’t even care how she got it. I just hope she knows that I won’t tolerate her doing crap like this anymore. She has tried to get close to us in an effort to get closer to you ever since she moved to this town. I’m a Whitmore. She’s a nobody. I can bring her down with the snap of my finger.

MIMI: I love it when you get all powerful.

AMY: (laughs) Do you now?

MIMI: Hell yeah.

Amy and Mimi kiss one another passionately.

AMY: It’s you and me forever. She can get the hell away from us.

MIMI: Amen.

Back at Martin’s Bar, Lindsay takes a sip of her drink. She is still on the phone with Thomas. The split screen continues.

LINDSAY: You really can’t tell me what the surprise is?
***
Back in his Hotel Suite, in Paris, France, Thomas sits on the bed.

THOMAS: You’ll just have to wait and see.
***
LINDSAY: I guess you can keep me in suspense.
***
THOMAS: I think you’ll like it. I really do.
***
LINDSAY: I’m sure I will.
***
THOMAS: (sighs) Anyway, I have a busy day tomorrow. If I want to come home early, I have to work around the clock. Have a good night, sis.
***
LINDSAY: You too, bro. Love you.
***
THOMAS: I love you too.

Thomas hangs up his phone.
***

Still at Martin’s Bar, Lindsay does the same. But, before she puts her phone back inside of her handbag, she realizes that her lock screen is still a picture of she and Carter.

LINDSAY: Damn. I need to change that.

Lindsay shuts off her phone and puts it screen down on the table.

LINDSAY: But, for now, maybe I should just have another drink.

Lindsay taps her glass. The Bartender begins to refill her glass seconds later.

Back at the Anderson Mansion, in the Living Room, Cynthia goes to the living room doors and shuts the slightly. She leaves the doors open a little. She turns around and walks back over to the couch.

CYNTHIA: (on the phone) I’m trying to have a romantic night with my husband, Carter. I do not have time to speak to you about Lindsay and us.

CARTER: (over the phone) I know Lindsay talked to you about this whole thing in the park. She let me know about your interaction.

CYNTHIA: (on the phone) Okay. Fine. Look, unless she said anything to you about what she’s going to do with this information, then I can’t talk to you right now. Michael could come back in the room at any moment.

CARTER: (over the phone) I know. I just want you to know really quick that the walls have to be closing in on us. I think you’re right about Lindsay. I don’t think she’ll keep this information close to her heart forever. She’s definitely planning something.

CYNTHIA: (on the phone) First of all, I know I’m right. I always am. Secondly, Lindsay’s always planning something, Carter. I don’t know why you don’t that already.

Before Carter can something, Cynthia hears footsteps approaching.

CYNTHIA: (on the phone) Look, I have to go. Goodbye.

Cynthia hangs up her phone just as Michael enters, holding a gift box.

MICHAEL: Who was that, honey?

CYNTHIA: No one. No one at all.

Cynthia puts her phone down.

CYNTHIA: What’s that?

MICHAEL: Your present.

Michael hands the gift box to Cynthia.

MICHAEL: Open it.

Cynthia and Michael walk over to the couch and sit down. Cynthia immediately begins to untie the bow on top of the box and she opens the small gift box.

CYNTHIA: Oh my god. Michael, this is...breathtaking.

Inside the box is an emerald cut sapphire/pear shaped diamond halo ring. It’s clearly worth around 50 thousand dollars.

MICHAEL: I thought you might like it.

Michael takes the ring out of the box. He takes off her wedding ring.

CYNTHIA: What are you doing?

MICHAEL: Making a fresh start for us.

Michael puts the new ring on Cynthia’s wedding finger.

MICHAEL: It’s me and you. Forever. I want this ring to be a unifying promise that we’ll never be separated from one another ever again. And, if by chance we do go through hardships, which I’m sure we will, I want you to cling to this ring. I want you to know that you can always find your way back to me through this ring.

Tears well up in Cynthia’s eyes.

CYNTHIA: I’m so sorry I hurt you. But, I’m glad that we’ve come back to what matters the most, our love for one another. I love you, Michael Anderson. Oh God I love you.

Michael brushes Cynthia’s cheeks with his hands. He then wipes away a tear that strolls down her right cheek. They smile at one another. Then, Michael slowly leans in and kisses her like he has never kissed a woman before. He kisses her with the passion of a thousand burning suns. The camera zooms out from them kissing.

***END OF EPISODE 59***

No comments:

Post a Comment