Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2019

EPISODE #58

EPISODE 58

Created By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Mike Larry
Written By: Casey Hutchison & Mike Larry

SAME DAY. AFTERNOON.
ORIGINAL AIRDATE: June 10th, 2019 (Monday)
ANDERSON MANUFACTURING - CEO OFFICE

Kimberly is standing over by the bar cart in the office. She is pouring herself a cup of coffee. As she takes a sip, there’s a knock at the door.

Image result for Kristen DiMera
KIMBERLY: (turning around) Come in.

Seconds later, Quentin enters the office. He shuts the door. He is holding a takeout bag and walks over to Kimberly. He sits the bag down.

KIMBERLY: By all means, go ahead and sit a greasy takeout bag on top of my new office bar cart. I really appreciate that.


QUENTIN: I see that you’re as sassy as ever this morning.

KIMBERLY: I thought you liked that about me.

QUENTIN: I do.

KIMBERLY: What can I do for you today, Quent?

QUENTIN: I was hoping that we could sit and have some sandwiches and fries from Mimi’s Cafe. Oh, and I also want to talk about your brother stopping by my house last night.

KIMBERLY: Why would Michael stop by your house?

QUENTIN: Isn’t it obvious? He doesn’t want a Whitmore to be around you.
THE GRAND PIANO - DINING AREA

Amy and Mimi enter the establishment. They walk over to the bar.

Image result for Kelli Goss
MIMI: Your parents put together one heck of a gathering.

Related image
AMY: Yes, they do. (sitting) My mom did good with this event.

MIMI: (sitting) Yes, she did.

As Mimi and Amy set their bags on top of the bar, Mimi spots Veronica sitting at a table alone. Veronica is enjoying a glass of wine and looking at her iPAD.

AMY: I noticed her too.

MIMI: Excuse me?

AMY: Veronica. Do you want to go somewhere else?

MIMI: No. I’m good.

Mimi turns back. However, it’s too late and Veronica has noticed them. Veronica shuts off her iPAD and carries it with her, as she walks over to Amy and Mimi.

Related image
VERONICA: Hello, you two.

AMY: Veronica, not now. We’re trying to enjoy a drink.

VERONICA: I’ll go away shortly. I just wanted to talk to the both of you.

MIMI: About…?

VERONICA: I think you’ll be pleased to know that I got in touch with your adoption agency. I even spoke to Mrs. Lancaster herself.
THORNE HILL PARK - PRIVATE AREA

Cynthia is sitting on the bench. She lets out a sigh and checks her watch.

Related image
CYNTHIA: Where are you?

As Cynthia looks to her right side, Lindsay enters from the left.

Related image
LINDSAY: (going to Cynthia) Hello.

Cynthia turns back and stands.

CYNTHIA: Hello, Lindsay.

LINDSAY: How are you doing?

CYNTHIA: Cut the small talk. I want to know why you called me to meet you here. I assume it’s to talk about some recent events.

LINDSAY: You’d assume correct.

CYNTHIA: Go ahead, Lindsay. Rip off the ban-aid. Just tell me the truth. Are you going to end my marriage to your father, or are you going to keep this secret?
WHITMORE MANSION - LIVING ROOM

Stuart shuts off his phone and puts it on the coffee table.


STUART: I knew something like this would happen. It was only a matter of time before Vargas began blackmailing us and using our secrets against us.

Related image
JUDITH: I cannot believe this. What are we going to do?

STUART: Are we gonna kill him too?

JUDITH: That’s not funny, Stuart.

STUART: Sorry. I’m just pissed off right now. That little punk is demanding ten million dollars or else he’s going to our boy. That’s not gonna happen.

JUDITH: Stuart, I think we should pay him the money. If we send him the ten million, then maybe he’ll go away forever. He won’t be desperate enough to blackmail his former bosses. He’ll be set for awhile.

STUART: Either that or he’ll continue to milk us for every dime we have.

Back at Anderson Manufacturing, in the CEO Office, Kimberly sets her coffee mug down on the bar cart. She takes a deep breath and walks a few steps away from Quentin.

KIMBERLY: I can’t believe Michael right now. Did he tell you that he practically twisted my arm at dinner when I told him you reached out to me for a date?

QUENTIN: He did tell me that, yes. And, I told him that you’re a grown woman who can make her own decisions about who she wants to go out with.

KIMBERLY: Thank you for sticking up for me. I’m so sorry that he in a way ambushed you last night. I swear I didn’t send him after you.

QUENTIN: I know that. I know that you can also fight your own battles. For as long as I’ve known you, you’ve only leaned on Michael for a healthy sibling bond. You’ve never needed him to go to bat for you.

KIMBERLY: And he doesn’t need to start now. You know, I told Michael that maybe I should’ve called you just to spite him. But, I think I’ve got a better idea.

QUENTIN: Oh yeah? What’s that?

KIMBERLY: How about we just go for it?

QUENTIN: You mean that you want to go out with me to get back at him?

KIMBERLY: Hell yeah. Let's show him that nobody pushes me around.

Back at The Grand Piano, in the Dining Area, Amy and Mimi stand from their seat. Mimi is behind Amy. But, she steps closer to Amy.

MIMI: You just don’t know when to quit. Do you?

AMY: How dare you go to the adoption agency we are working with and speak to the woman who did our home visit. What’d you tell her? How we’re bad people? How you and Mimi used to be completely in love? That my family is disliked by tabloids? What web of lies did you put out there in order to hurt our chances at becoming parents?

VERONICA: You both have everything so completely wrong. I didn’t bad mouth you to anyone. I told Mrs. Lancaster how amazing you two are.

MIMI: Really? You just couldn’t wait to tell her how great we are? I find that to be a load of crap. You’re jealous that I’ve moved on with someone else. Even though our breaking up was you’re doing because you weren’t ready to commit to me.

VERONICA: I’m not jealous. I’ve moved on. All I want to do is just be civilized. I did what I did to show you how much I want to move on. All three of us have to live in the same town. We might as well act like adults.

Amy grabs her purse. Upon seeing this, Mimi does too.

AMY: Come on, Mimi. Let’s go have a drink at Martin’s or something.

MIMI: Sounds good to me. Oh, and Veronica, if you ever get involved in my personal business again, I’ll make you pay…no matter what you say to whom.

Mimi and Amy walk off.

VERONICA: (to herself/sighs) I thought my plan would’ve worked this time. How can I get them to trust me? How am I gonna go about that?

Back in Thorne Hill Park, at the Private Area, Lindsay sets her purse down on the bench. As she does so, she lets out a little laugh.

CYNTHIA: I’m glad you find this whole thing funny.

LINDSAY: I do. I truly do.

CYNTHIA: Why is that? You must really like destroying people’s lives.

LINDSAY: That’s interesting coming from the slut who was once again found out to be with another man besides her husband. Cynthia, like I told Carter, I don’t care anymore. It’s time you went and broke my father’s heart yourself. I want no involvement in this whole thing. I drove myself crazy for months last time, wondering if you initially still had feelings for my boyfriend. You ended up making out with him. That sent shockwaves throughout this once close knit family. Imagine what you sleeping with Carter will do. You’ve never thought about anyone but yourself. You are selfish! You are manipulative! You are a bitch! I hate you, Cynthia Martin. Notice I didn’t add the Anderson. That should tell you something about your future in this family.

CYNTHIA: Are you finished?

LINDSAY: Not even close.

CYNTHIA: Well, allow me to say something in between. I love your father. I really do. I would not have married him in the first place if I didn’t think that. I would not have taken him up on his offer to move back into the mansion, if I did not love him. When Carter arrived into this town all those months ago, I was caught off guard. I had not seen him since our divorce was finalized. I didn’t know how to feel. He was the man that hurt me. He did the same thing I’ve done to your father. He was loving someone else. That killed me. It broke me physically and emotionally.

LINDSAY: Yet, somehow, you decided to do the same thing, because you still felt something for Carter deep down in that black heart of your’s.

CYNTHIA: I did. That something turned into a kiss that ended my career at Anderson Manufacturing. That kiss almost ended my marriage as well. I took comfort in Carter when I was kicked out by your father. That’s how us having sex came to be.

LINDSAY: You tell one hell of a story. I almost feel sorry for you. Did you know that I was about to cut you some slack awhile ago when I outed your rape by your uncle? I felt bad for you. I could see that you were human then. Now I see that you are a real monster. I see right through you. It’s only a matter of time before my father does too. I’m not gonna reveal your secret. (picking up her purse) At least not right now. I’ll give you time. Plenty of time. I’ll bow out gracefully for quite awhile. But, if you don’t say anything, I’ll have no choice but to step in to protect my father. Are we clear?

CYNTHIA: Crystal.

LINDSAY: Good.

Lindsay walks off. Cynthia takes a deep breath.

Back at the Whitmore Mansion, in the Living Room, Judith and Stuart are sitting on the couch. Stuart is holding his cell phone in his right hand.

JUDITH: Any idea what to do about Vargas?

STUART: I have no ideas on how we’re gonna get out of this. We’re not guaranteed anything in this whole situation, even if we pay him off.

JUDITH: We have to do something, Stuart. We have to play Vargas’ game. I would rather pay him off and take my chances…, than what we did be exposed.

STUART: Diana and Nick Jackson stole from us. They stole hundreds of thousands of dollars in diamonds. It was all to pay for Joshua’s college fund. We had to get back at them.

JUDITH: We didn’t do the right thing. I know that. You know that. You’ve always tried to justify this thing since we killed them two years ago.

STUART: I know. The guilt has always consumed me.

JUDITH: Yeah. Me too, darling. (whispers) Me too.

STUART: Do you think we’ll get through this?

JUDITH: (sighs) Only time will tell.

Judith leans on Stuart’s chest. The camera zooms out.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 58***

No comments:

Post a Comment