Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

EPISODE #75

There’s Always Tomorrow Wednesday 7/3/2019


Episode 75
Time of Day: Same Day; Afternoon

In Thorne Hill Park, by the Private Area, Quentin is pacing around the private area. Emerson walks up to him and he stops pacing and turns around.

Related image
EMERSON: Sorry that I was late. Traffic.


QUENTIN: No problem. So, why’d you call me out here this afternoon?

EMERSON: Well, I wanted to talk about our next steps in the investigation. I think I found a way for us to pick up the broken pieces.

At the Jackson Family Home, in the Living Room, Andrea, Joshua, and Philip all take a seat on the living room furniture.

Related image
PHILIP: Are you sure that Veronica can’t make it?

Related image
ANDREA: I double checked with her. Unfortunately, she is just too busy being the executive assistant at The Grape Escape.

PHILIP: I see.

Related image
JOSHUA: Anyway, you wanted to talk about Jennifer?

PHILIP: Yes. I had a meeting with her doctors yesterday. Andrea, I’ll say that your staff is really taking good care of her.

ANDREA: I made sure of that. Just because I’m on maternity leave doesn’t mean that I’m not backing down from my Chief duties at that hospital. I will say that my interim chief is doing a fine job. Anyway, what did Jennifer’s doctors say?

PHILIP: Well, Jennifer hasn’t woken up yet. And, her doctors, especially her lead doctor, Dr. Meyers, was telling me about a more long term care plan.

At The Palace Hotel, in Veronica’s Suite, Veronica is sitting at the desk, typing out multiple reports. Then, there is a knock at the door.

Related image
VERONICA: Finally, my room service is here.

Veronica stands and goes to the door.

VERONICA: (opening the door) How much do I owe…

Image result for Kelli Goss
MIMI: Hello, Veronica. Is your mother here?

VERONICA: Hi, Mimi. No, she’s not. Anyway, if you could please go, I’m very busy and I’m still waiting on my room service.

MIMI: I don’t care. Since your mother isn’t here, I feel as though it gives us a perfect opportunity to talk about her and why she is really in this damn town.

At the Anderson Mansion, in the Living Room, Michael and Lacey (Lindsay’s Split Personality) are standing over by the couch. They hug one another before sitting down on the couch.

Image result for Julie Berman"
LACEY: It’s so good to see you, dad.

Image result for Clayton Norcross"
MICHAEL: It’s been too long. I’ve missed you. But, I know that you’re working hard with your brother to make his winery a success. And, I know that you’re getting your life back together after the whole Carter mess. I’m so happy that you’re no longer with him.

LACEY: Yeah...well...about that.

MICHAEL: Lindsay, please tell me you’re not with him anymore.

LACEY: I’m not. I promise. That breakup was final. (sighs) But, there is an everlasting factor from Carter and I’s previous relationship stint.

MICHAEL: What do you mean by that?

LACEY: Dad, I’m pregnant with Carter’s baby.

MICHAEL: Are you kidding me right now?

LACEY: No.

MICHAEL: Does Carter know yet?

LACEY: Yes. And, I also told Cynthia.

At the Whitmore Penthouse, in the Living Room, Ava comes in from the kitchen. She is sipping on a cup of tea. She then walks over to the coffee table and notices a note. She sets down the tea cup and picks up the note. It reads:

Thought I would give you some time alone, considering all that we’ve been through. I still love you, sis. And, I still want you to stay here.

-Judith

Ava sets the note down and sighs. As she is about to sit down on the couch, there is a knock on the door. Ava walks over to the door and opens it.

Related image
AVA: What the hell do you want?

Related image
KEITH: You’re not gonna slam the door in my face?

AVA: I’m not scared of you. Plus, you know what I have.

KEITH: A gun. Whatever. Big deal.

AVA: What the hell do you want, Keith?

KEITH: I just want to know how your meeting with Stuart and Judith went?

AVA: How do you know I confronted them about the hit-and-run?

KEITH: Because, I’m everywhere. 24/7. 365.

Back in Thorne Hill Park, at the Private Area, Emerson sets her purse down on the bench. Quentin puts his hands in his pockets.

QUENTIN: So, that’s what we’re going to do? I’ll just continue recording Stuart and Judith’s conversations when they come to visit? Doesn’t that just bring us back to square one?

EMERSON: It may. But, I’m closing in on the Norita family. Pretty soon, when they’re deported here, I think they’ll fold over on Judith and Stuart.

QUENTIN: Are we really going to hedge our bets on the Norita family? They’re millionaires. I don’t think they’ll roll over. I think they’ll just try and buy their way out of it all.

EMERSON: You might be right. But, I’ve arrested enough crooked millionaires before. I know that they’ll always roll over on others in the name of staying out of prison. Look who’s in the White House. You can’t tell me our President has never rolled over on anyone. Read an article in the Times for once.

QUENTIN: I hope this works. I really do. I’m so close to wanting to be out of this whole thing. The only thing that keeps me going is justice.

EMERSON: Me too. But, we both knew that this case wasn’t going to be a cake walk. We both knew it was going to be very difficult.

QUENTIN: I just didn’t imagine it was going to be this difficult. Anyway, I have lunch plans with a former jewelry designer I used to work with back in the day. Have a good day, Emerson. I’ll let you know how things go.

Quentin walks off. Emerson lets out a sigh.

Back at the Jackson Family Home, in the Living Room, Joshua and Andrea are looking through a file that Philip has handed them.

PHILIP: This is the file that Doctor Meyers handed to me. It details the pros of a long term care facility for comatose patients. I was wondering what you guys would think about this? It is only two hours away from here. It’s in a city called Augusta.

JOSHUA: I’m very familiar with this care facility. It’s state of the art. It may not be such a bad idea for Jennifer to go here. They would care for her well.

ANDREA: They even have better technology than our hospital does.

JOSHUA: Very true. I’m just not so sure I want her far away.

PHILIP: That was my thing too. I want to be there when she wakes up for the first time. Or, I at least want to be minutes away to where the hospital could just call me and I can just floor it to the hospital.

ANDREA: Look, it’s a lot to consider. I recommend that we all just sleep on it and talk about it in the morning. Whatever we decide, Jennifer’s condition will play the largest role of course.

JOSHUA: That’s a good plan, honey.

PHILIP: I agree.

ANDREA: Philip, thank you for coming to us with this.

PHILIP: No problem. We’re all in this together.

Back at The Palace Hotel, in Veronica’s Suite, Mimi and Veronica are now standing in the main part of the room, by the desk.

VERONICA: My mother isn’t trying to ruin your life, if that’s what you’re thinking. She moved here to be with me. She knows how hard this past year has been ever since I opened up to Jennifer and Joshua about being their long lost half sister.

MIMI: I’m sure that’s part of it. I’m also sure that your mother knows every bit of what has gone on between you, me, and my wife since you got back in town. I bet she knows that we’re against you trying to insert yourself into our lives. She’s probably here to help you out with that. Isn’t she?

VERONICA: It isn’t always about you and Amy! It isn’t always about what you two want. I tried to help you out with this adoption. You two took it the wrong way. I backed out. I stepped away from you two. That was the final straw.

MIMI: I know you, Veronica. Better yet, I know the lengths your mother will go to, to make sure that you are happy. Part of me doesn’t blame her. She’s your mom. She’s always supposed to look out for you. But, I’m here to put both of you on notice. If you try anything, and I mean anything, I will come after you faster than a cheetah runs.

Back at the Anderson Mansion, in the Living Room, Michael is now standing. He is lightly pacing the room. Lacey stands and goes to him.

LACEY: Dad, I can see that you’re upset.

MICHAEL: (stops pacing) I’m not upset. I’m just thrown.

LACEY: This happens. People get pregnant. Unfortunately, I had to get pregnant with Carter’s child. I can’t change that. Neither can you. Just know that I put Carter on warning. I will have him rarely involved in this baby’s life.

MICHAEL: That’s good. He has caused this family so much pain. After that whole mess with Cynthia, he knew who Becky was and not telling Thomas, and then everything he put you through...I…

LACEY: Dad, I feel the same way about everything. Trust me when I say that I’m being extra cautious here. I’m not letting anything get between me and my child.

MICHAEL: That’s my girl. Come here.

Michael hugs Lacey.

MICHAEL: I really am happy for you still. You’re gonna make a great mom.

LACEY: And, you will make an amazing grandfather.

Lacey and Michael both smile.

Back at the Whitmore Penthouse, in the Living Room, Ava is still keeping Keith at the doorway, not allowing him to come in.

AVA: What else do you want me to tell you? You already know that I confronted them about the hit and run. That’s all I did.

KEITH: Are you sure that’s all you two talked about?

AVA: Yeah. Nothing else. Bye, Keith.

Ava tries to shut the door, but Keith puts his foot in the way, keeping it open. Ava reopens the door up all the way.

KEITH: You must’ve forgotten one, small detail.

AVA: What are you talking about?

KEITH: You know damn good and well what I am talking about. I finally know your biggest secret, Ava. I know all about Philip.

AVA: Keith…

KEITH: Stop with the lies! I know that he’s our son!
SPECIAL PROGRAMMING NOTE
There’s Always Tomorrow will be preempted on Thursday, July 4th, 2019 for Independence Day. Regular episodes will resume on Friday, July 5th, 2019.

***END OF EPISODE 75***

No comments:

Post a Comment