Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2019

EPISODE #42

EPISODE 42


Created By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Mike Larry
Written By: Casey Hutchison & Mike Larry

SAME DAY. NIGHT.
SPECIAL GUEST STAR: JESSICA TUCK

PREVIOUSLY ON THERE’S ALWAYS TOMORROW

--Judith and Stuart reconnected with one another.
--Jennifer recovered from her panic attack.

--Lindsay and Michael also figured out that Carter was once apart of Becky’s operation. Thomas wanted to call the police and have Carter arrested. However, Michael decided that instead of having Thomas call the police, he’d fire Cynthia and Carter instead. Michael revealed that he’d take over as interim CEO of Anderson Manufacturing till his mysterious new CEO could come to town.

--And, Ava had a nightmare that Keith raped her.
MARTIN’S BAR

Lindsay is sitting at the bar. She is finishing off her second beer.


LINDSAY: Hey! Can I get another? Please.

BARTENDER: No problem, Miss Anderson.

LINDSAY: Thanks.

As the Bartender takes away Lindsay’s empty beer bottle and sets a fresh one in front of her, Carter enters the establishment. He spots Lindsay and goes up to her.


CARTER: I thought you might be here.

LINDSAY: (turning around in her stool) Did you follow me?

CARTER: Yes, I did.

LINDSAY: Why?

CARTER: Because, we need to talk.

LINDSAY: No, we don’t.

Lindsay picks up her beer bottle and walks over to a booth.
ANDERSON MANSION - FOYER

Michael enters the home. He shuts the door behind him.


MICHAEL: What a day.

As he is about to enter the living room, there is a knock at the door. Michael lets out another heavy sigh and goes to the door.

MICHAEL: (opening the door) What the hell do you want now?


CYNTHIA: Can I come in, Michael?

MICHAEL: Why do you want to come in?

CYNTHIA: Because, I need to know if our marriage is over.
WHITMORE MANSION - FOYER
Related image

Stuart walks into the foyer. He is about to head up the stairs to his bedroom. However, he gets a text message on his phone. He retrieves his phone from his back pocket.

THE TEXT READS

//JUDITH//
I had great fun tonight. Get some rest. Luv u.


STUART: I had fun too, Judith.

As Stuart shuts his phone off, there’s a knock at the door.

STUART: (calling out) Just a sec!

Stuart walks to the door and opens it. Upon realizing who is at the door, a shocked look comes across Stuart’s face.

MAN: Hello.

STUART: Quentin.


QUENTIN: Well, aren’t you gonna give your brother a hug?
THOMAS’ APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM

Thomas is sitting on the couch and taping up a U-Haul box. When he finishes taping up the box, he puts the tape down and stands.


THOMAS: Okay. That’s just about everything.

Thomas then gets a text on his phone. Thomas picks up his phone from the coffee table and looks at the text message.

THOMAS: Looks like everything’s confirmed for my new apartment. I’m one step closer to leaving all my problems behind. I’m just not sure how to break the news to dad and Lindsay.

WOMAN’S VOICE: (calling out) Thomas. Thomas.

THOMAS: Who said that?

WOMAN’S VOICE: Behind you.

Thomas turns around.

THOMAS: Oh my god.

WOMAN’S VOICE: Hello.

THOMAS: Mom?

Related image
SUSAN: Yes, honey. I’m here. My spirit is here for you.
PHILIP’S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM

Philip sits down on the couch. He takes a deep breath. As he is about to put his feet up on his table, his phone begins to ring. He picks up the phone.


PHILIP: That’s strange. I don’t recognize this number.

Philip pushes the red button and ends the call. As he is about to lay the phone down on the coffee table, it begins to ring again.

PHILIP: Okay. This could be important.

Philip answers the call.

PHILIP: (on the phone) Hello?

VARGAS: (over the phone) Hello, Philip.

PHILIP: (on the phone) Who is this?

VARGAS: (over the phone) It’s Vargas. Do you remember who I am? I used to work for your parents. I acted as their fixer shall we say.

PHILIP: (on the phone) Yeah. I know who you are. Why are you calling me?

VARGAS: (over the phone) Because, there’s something I need to tell you.

PHILIP: (on the phone) Look, dude, if you’re about to ask me to help you get your job back, I can’t do that. I don’t hire my parents’ staff for them.

VARGAS: (over the phone) Just listen to me. I know the truth.

PHILIP: (on the phone) What are you talking about?

VARGAS: (over the phone) I know who you’re looking for. I can give you the answers you need. I can finally solve the mystery of who was responsible for killing Jennifer and Joshua’s parents.

PHILIP: (on the phone) Excuse me? What did...

VARGAS: (over the phone) You heard me. Are you paying attention?

PHILIP: (on the phone) Yes, I am.

VARGAS: (over the phone) If you give me half a million dollars, the truth is your’s. I will reveal everything to you. Hell, I’ll even throw in some secrets connected to this investigation that you don’t even know about. That includes information about your hit and run.

PHILIP: (on the phone) What do you know about that?

VARGAS: (over the phone) Let’s just say that the police lied to you. There was enough evidence to solve that case. But, whoever was responsible for killing the Jackson parents put a stop to the investigation.

PHILIP: (on the phone) Vargas, you obviously know a whole lot more than I do. But, how do I know you’re not just making this all up?

VARGAS: (over the phone) I’m not. I promise. I’m a little strapped for cash at the moment. However, I’m telling the truth.

PHILIP: (on the phone) Why come clean now?

VARGAS: (over the phone) Because, Philip, I’m in a safe place. Safe enough to where the murderers, who are right under your nose, can’t hurt me.

PHILIP: (on the phone) Did you just say murderers? And, what did you mean by saying that they’re ‘under my nose’? Does that mean they’re in Thorne Hill?

VARGAS: (over the phone) I have to go now.

PHILIP: (on the phone) Vargas..., wait.

VARGAS: (over the phone) I can’t. I’ve said too much. You get me the 500 thousand dollars and we’ll talk. Goodbye for now, Philip.

Vargas hangs up the phone on his end. Philip takes his phone away from his ear. A puzzled expression falls on his face.

PHILIP: What the hell does he know?

Back at Martin’s Bar, Carter is standing over by the bar. The Bartender hands Carter a beer in a bottle. Carter takes his beer and walks over to Lindsay’s booth. He sits down across from her.

LINDSAY: Carter, I came over here to get away from you. I just want to enjoy my drink in peace. I think I’ve earned a little peace and quiet after what you did to me.

CARTER: Lindsay, I know that I hurt you. I will apologize till I’m blue in the face. I just want you to give me at least five minutes.

LINDSAY: For what? What is there left to say?

CARTER: There’s a lot left to say.

LINDSAY: Oh yeah?

CARTER: Yeah.

LINDSAY: Like what?

CARTER: I love you.

Lindsay lets out a small laugh.

CARTER: What’s so funny?

LINDSAY: Do men really think that trick still works on women these days? I am not the type of woman who falls into a man’s arm every time he says ‘I love you’. I’m not that desperate, honey.

CARTER: You’re right. You’re not desperate at all. And, you’re certainly not like other women. That’s what I love about you. Lindsay, like I said just a second ago, and like I’ve said for days upon days, I’m sorry. I know I hurt you.

LINDSAY: You wanna know something hilarious?

CARTER: Sure.

LINDSAY: Your assistant went to deliver some papers to you yesterday. And, you see, I’ve known your assistant for a very long time. Debra and I are very close.

CARTER: Where is this leading?

LINDSAY: Just wait. You’ll see. She overheard a conversation you were having with Cynthia in your office. A couple of seconds later, she EMailed me saying that you apparently felt something when you kissed that bitch.

Lindsay stands and collects her things.

CARTER: I said that in the heat of the moment.

LINDSAY: It looks like you’re saying and doing a lot of things in the heat of the moment, Carter. Moral of the story here is to make sure your office door is shut all the way before you profess your love for someone. Goodbye.

Lindsay walks off and exits Martin’s. Carter takes a swig of his beer.

Back at the Anderson Mansion, in the Foyer, Cynthia has now entered the foyer. She and Michael are standing over by the stairs.

MICHAEL: You want to know if this thing between us is done?

CYNTHIA: Yes. I want to know if you’re ready to throw in the towel.

MICHAEL: I honestly don’t know yet.

CYNTHIA: What does that mean?

MICHAEL: It means that I don’t know what to do! Cynthia, I don’t think you understand how much you hurt me. I get it. I’m a guy who has done terrible things. I had my own affair. That’s not a secret anymore. And, what also isn’t a secret anymore is how much I died inside the day Susan left this world. I thought I would never find love again. Then, you came along. I was willing to face obstacle after obstacle with you. I was willing to fight for us because I adore you! But, you took my heart and you ripped it into pieces! All for some black thug.

CYNTHIA: Whoa. What the hell did you just say?

MICHAEL: You heard me.

CYNTHIA: I get it that you’re hurt. You have every reason to be. But, that doesn’t give you the right to make those sweeping, a little racist, generalizations about Carter. This...right now...is between you and I. Me coming over here has nothing to do with Carter.

MICHAEL: Maybe I was a little harsh just now. And, you’re so wrong. This has everything to do with that man! Our marital issues are stemming from him!

CYNTHIA: Our issues go way beyond my kiss.

MICHAEL: What issues did we have previously?

CYNTHIA: Seriously? Our main issue was never Carter. Our issue has always come from your daughter trying to tear us apart.

MICHAEL: You tried to kill my daughter. That’s right. I know about that little catfight you two had. You strangled her. But, yet, you blame her for everything. From strangling her, to manipulating me so you could take over as CEO at my company, you have been the problem. Not Lindsay.

CYNTHIA: Okay. Fine. I’ll go.

MICHAEL: Leaving so soon?

CYNTHIA: Yes. Things are obviously too heated right now. It’s late. Emotions are high. And, our marriage is crumbling.

Cynthia goes to the door and opens it.

CYNTHIA: I’ll send someone for my things. I think it’s a good idea if I get a hotel room for a little while. I’ll be staying at The Palace of course. Goodbye, Michael.

MICHAEL: Goodbye.

Cynthia and Michael stare at one another for a couple of seconds. Then, Cynthia lets out a deep breath and exits the home.

Back at Thomas’ Apartment, in the Living Room, Thomas walks up closer to his mother’s spirit. He reaches out to touch her.

THOMAS: Mom. I can’t believe this. Am I dreaming?

SUSAN: No, honey. I’m here.

THOMAS: How?

SUSAN: I guess you can think of me as your guardian angel. Just because I’m gone from this Earth, does not mean I don’t watch over you. I’ve missed you so much.

THOMAS: I’ve missed you too. You just told me you watch over me. But, why are you visiting me now? Why haven’t you visited me before?

SUSAN: I can see that you need me more than ever. Since the whole Becky mess unfolded, I can see that you’ve been hurting like never before. I know your trust has been broken. And, I know you’re conflicted about leaving because of your father and your sister. But, darling, you have to leave. There’s so much waiting out there for you. You have to take the leap.

THOMAS: You really think I can make this thing work?

SUSAN: I know you can. Plus, you won’t be gone forever. Will you?

THOMAS: No. I just need a break from this town is all.

SUSAN: Go for it. Take as much time as you need. You’re still young. There’s still so much for you to see...for you to explore. Take a chance. Go to California.

THOMAS: (smiling) I will mom. Thank you.

SUSAN: Of course. Well, I better get back. I have some things to take care of. I love you, my son. I love you so very much.

THOMAS: I love you too, mom. I love you too.

Thomas goes to hug his mother but her spirit fades away. A tear strolls down his right cheek. Thomas takes a deep breath, as the camera zooms out.

Back at Philip’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Philip is sitting on the couch.

PHILIP: What the hell does Vargas know? He works for so many people. Hundreds probably. How does he know the truth? Can I even believe him? What the hell am I gonna do? Do I pay the money? Or, do I take the risk of never knowing the truth? (sighs) Damn.

Philip lets out a sigh.

Back at the Whitmore Mansion, in the Foyer, Stuart and Quentin are now standing face to face over by the door (which is now shut).

STUART: What brings you back to town, brother?

QUENTIN: I’m on business.

STUART: Really?

QUENTIN: Yes. There’s a meeting of the minds here in Thorne HIll next week. A bunch of us bigwig jewelry designers are getting together to discuss some market hotspots and the future of our industry.

STUART: I see. How the hell are you?

QUENTIN: I’m doing good.

STUART: I can’t believe you’re here.

QUENTIN: What do you mean?

STUART: You know what I mean, Quentin. You don’t call. You don’t text. You don’t EMail. We haven’t seen one another in over three years. Or, maybe it’s five by now. I’ve lost track.

QUENTIN: I’m sorry. That’s my fault. I’ve been so busy with QW Designs.

STUART: Too busy to contact me the past three to five years?

QUENTIN: I deserve that.

STUART: Yes, you do.

QUENTIN: Look, I know that our brotherly relationship isn’t the best. However, I’ve missed you. And, I’m here now. I’m staying at The Palace Hotel. Why don’t we get together and have breakfast sometime. Sound good to you?

STUART: I’ll take a look at my schedule.

QUENTIN: Okay.

Quentin extends his hand. He and Stuart shake hands.

QUENTIN: It’s good to see you, bro.

STUART: I’m sure it is.

QUENTIN: Seya later.

STUART: Seya.

Quentin walks over to the door, opens it, politely nods, and exits the home. He shuts the door behind him.

WHITMORE MANSION - OUTSIDE
Related image

Quentin takes a deep breath upon coming outside. His heart and emotions are very heavy right now. But, then, he gets a phone call. Quentin retrieves his phone from his brown, leather jacket. Quentin answers the call.

QUENTIN: Hello? Yes, I’m in town now. Yes, I’ve seen my brother. Look, I’ve got this all under control. He won’t figure out my plan. I promise. I’ve gotta go. I can’t be out here too long. He might start getting suspicious. I’ll talk to you later. Bye.

Quentin hangs up the phone and walks off.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 42***

No comments:

Post a Comment