Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2019

EPISODE #40

EPISODE 40

Created By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Mike Larry
Written By: Casey Hutchison & Mike Larry

SAME DAY. NIGHT.

PREVIOUSLY ON THERE’S ALWAYS TOMORROW

--Judith and Stuart tried to come up with a plan to stay one step ahead of Philip when it comes to him helping Jennifer and Joshua find whomever murdered their parents.

--Greg revealed to Jennifer, Joshua, Andrea, and Philip that his friend at the lab wasn’t able to find anyone’s prints on the bracelet.

--Carter told Cynthia that he felt something when they kissed.

--Lindsay told Thomas everything about the kiss. Later on, via a text message he received, it was revealed that Thomas had booked a flight from Thorne Hill to St. Helena, California.

--Amy revealed to Mimi that she was ready to have a child.
--And, Ava thought she saw Keith in the parking garage at The Palace Hotel.
THE WHITMORE MANSION - LIVING ROOM
Gorgeous Ideas Classic Living Room Design Classic Living Room Ideas Safarihomedecor

Judith is sitting on the couch. She is looking through an old family photo album. A couple of seconds later, Stuart enters the room.


STUART: What are you still doing here? I thought you left.

JUDITH: I forgot my purse, so I came back in. Then, I saw this family photo album and I just couldn’t resist taking a look at it.

Stuart sits next to Judith.

STUART: This is a good one. The kids were young.

JUDITH: Yes they were.

STUART: I miss those days.

JUDITH: (looking at Stuart) Me too.

Stuart and Judith smile at one another.
THE PALACE HOTEL - VERONICA’S SUITE
Image result for nice hotel room

Veronica is putting on some lotion. Then, there’s a knock at the door. As she continues to rub her hands together, she walks to the door.


VERONICA: (opening the door) Mimi.


MIMI: May I come in for a moment?

VERONICA: Sure.

Veronica steps aside and Mimi enters. Veronica then shuts the door, turns around, and walks over to Mimi.

VERONICA: What brings you by?

MIMI: I wanted to issue a warning.
THE GRAPE ESCAPE - MAIN OFFICES

Lindsay is sitting at the small conference table. She is on her cell phone.


LINDSAY: (on the phone) My brother needed those lease agreements yesterday. He’s trying to build a business, Mr. Mayhorn. He doesn’t have time for your incompetent ways. Just send the agreements to my EMail so I can get it to Thomas. Thank you.

Lindsay hangs up the phone. As she does, Michael emerges from the door that was left opened. He walks over to Lindsay.


MICHAEL: That was very good. I loved how you shut that guy down.

LINDSAY: (looking up) Hey, dad. And, thanks. You taught me well.

MICHAEL: I’m glad you picked it all up.

LINDSAY: Of course I did. If you’re looking for Thomas, he never came into the office today. I just stopped by here for a quick moment to look over some papers.

MICHAEL: That’s fine. I was actually looking for you.

LINDSAY: Oh?

MICHAEL: Yeah. I need to speak with you. I heard what happened at Anderson Manufacturing today. All the lower level employees have been gossiping about that fight you and Cynthia had. I am so sorry she attacked you. And, I’m so sorry she’s been attacking you for months. I’ve just been too blind to open my eyes. But, I’m here to make it all up to you. Right this very moment.
PHILIP’S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM

Philip enters the living room holding two glasses of red wine. He walks over to the couch, hands Jennifer a glass (she’s sitting down as well), and sits next to her.

Paige Hurd
JENNIFER: Thank you.


PHILIP: Of course. It’s sad that Andrea and Joshua had to rush off to the hospital. I’m sure we all could’ve used a stiff drink.

JENNIFER: They’ll probably grab something later. Considering what just happened about an hour ago, it’s a good night to have a drink.

PHILIP: I’m sorry Greg’s buddy didn’t find anything.

JENNIFER: It isn’t his buddy’s fault. It’s this damn universe’s fault. What am I going to have to do to catch the killer? I’ve been searching day and night for almost two years! Two years, Philip! God, I can’t keep doing this. I just can’t.
ANDERSON MANUFACTURING - CEO OFFICE

Cynthia is standing over by a small table, pouring herself a glass of water. As she takes a sip of her water, she becomes deep in thought.

(FLASHBACK)

CARTER: (laughs) You know me so well. Excuse me.

Carter begins to reach around Cynthia to open her door. But, the two end up pausing and staring into one another’s eyes.

CYNTHIA: I had fun tonight.

CARTER: Me too.

A long pause falls upon the two. Then, they slowly move closer to one another. Then, they kiss!

(FLASHBACK ENDS)

As Cynthia comes out of her flashback, there’s a knock at the door. Cynthia turns to look over at the door.


CYNTHIA: (calling out) Come in!

Carter enters the room, shutting the door behind him.

CYNTHIA: Carter, I thought you left for the day.


CARTER: I was about to. However, I thought that I would be nice and come check in on you. I know that this day has been rough.

CYNTHIA: You can say that again. Look, thanks for checking in on me. But, you can go now. I’ll be fine. I’m gonna head out soon anyway.

CARTER: Actually, in addition to checking up on you, I also wanted to speak with you about something quite serious.

CYNTHIA: Is everything okay?

CARTER: I’m not sure. Can we talk for a second?

CYNTHIA: Of course. What do we need to talk about?

CARTER: I think it’s time I came clean as to why I needed this job in the first place. I need to come clean about why I wanted you to hire me.

CYNTHIA: You already did. Remember?

CARTER: Cynthia, me telling you that I was strapped for cash was a reality. However, I didn’t tell you the full story. You need to know why.

Back at The Palace Hotel, in Veronica’s Suite, Mimi tosses her purse on the couch, next to her mini fur coat.

MIMI: Veronica, it is time you know that you wanting to come to me to talk about the past we shared is inappropriate.

VERONICA: Mimi, all I wanted to do a few days back was issue an apology. So, if it was considered inappropriate by you, then I’m sorry.

MIMI: It isn’t ‘considered’ inappropriate, it flat out is. I can’t have you show up to my place of business and pour your heart out to me about how sorry you are. What made matters even worse, is that you wanted to continue to do that in front of my wife. Amy is not my girlfriend. She is my life partner. She is going to be the mother to my children. Things are far more serious than you probably thought.

VERONICA: You guys are having a baby?

MIMI: Yes.

VERONICA: Congratulations.

MIMI: Thank you. Look, Veronica, what we shared was great till it wasn’t. We had our time. Now, I’m dedicating my life, my heart, my soul to a woman I go home to each day.

Mimi collects her things, walks to the door, opens the door, and then proceeds to turn around to get one last word in.

MIMI: And, I want to continue to go home to Amy each and every night. I don’t need someone like you ruining my marriage. Have a good night.

Mimi exits Veronica’s room and shuts the door.

VERONICA: (to herself) I’m not here to ruin your marriage, Mimi. But, I deserve love too. And, I will get my happy ending.

Back at The Grape Escape, in the Main Office, Michael sits across from Lindsay at the small conference table.

LINDSAY: Cynthia tried to kill me today.

MICHAEL: From what I hear, you won the battle.

LINDSAY: I wiped the floor with her.

MICHAEL: Are you feeling okay?

LINDSAY: Yeah. I’m good. How are you doing?

MICHAEL: I’m okay. The shock of it all is still very much present.

LINDSAY: I know what you mean.

MICHAEL: I even went to see Carter.

LINDSAY: How did that go?

MICHAEL: I sucker punched him.

LINDSAY: Can’t say I feel sorry for him.

MICHAEL: Good to know.

LINDSAY: So, you said you wanted to make this whole mess with Cynthia up to me? How do you want to go about that?

MICHAEL: Let me apologize, first and foremost. I should’ve believed you from day one about the type of woman she was. I was just blinded by love.

LINDSAY: We all get that way.

MICHAEL: Let me finish, darling. Secondly, I want you back in that house. I want you under my roof again. I want you back where you should be. And, speaking of being back where you should be, I want you to come back to Anderson Manufacturing. I want to appoint you as CEO again.

LINDSAY: Wow, dad. I’m shocked by all of this.

MICHAEL: Why?

LINDSAY: After you kicked me out of the mansion, I thought our relationship would never recover and go back to its true form.

MICHAEL: I’ve learned a lot these past few days.

LINDSAY: Me too. I’ve learned a lot about loyalty.

MICHAEL: What do you mean by that?

LINDSAY: I mean, that I can’t come back. Not just to the house, but not to Anderson Manufacturing either. I can’t be back in that CEO seat.

MICHAEL: Why not? Tell me.

LINDSAY: When you threw me out, it did take me a bit to find my own place. But, I did. And, I love where I live. I love my new apartment. Thomas also gave me a job. I just can’t leave him high and dry at this company. Not when we’re just about to take off. Dad, I will always be your little girl. But, I need to move on. I need to forge my own path. I need to live for me.

MICHAEL: I’m so proud of you. You remind me so much of your mother. She was always so damn strong. Just like you. By the way, you’re right. You’ll always be my little girl. I love you.

LINDSAY: I love you too, dad.

Lindsay and MIchael smile at one another.

Back at the Whitmore Mansion, in the Living Room, Judith closes the scrap book and sets it down on the coffee table.

JUDITH: You know, our 36th wedding anniversary is coming up.

STUART: I know. I’ve been thinking about it a lot.

JUDITH: Me too. I guess that you should cancel your order with the florist.

STUART: (slight laugh) How do you know about that?

JUDITH: Darling, I’ve gotten the same bouquet of roses for over 30 years. A woman knows when her husband has a standing order.

STUART: Good point. I don’t want to.

JUDITH: What do you mean?

STUART: I don’t want to cancel the order, Judith.

JUDITH: Why not? We’re not married anymore.

STUART: I know. But, you should get your flowers. Red roses are your favorite. I know how much you look forward to getting them every year.

JUDITH: You’re right. I do. To tell you the truth, they were never my favorite part of our anniversary celebration.

STUART: What was?

JUDITH: When we would make love to one another.

STUART: That was always my favorite part too.

Judith and Stuart get closer to one another. They stare deep into one another’s eyes. The tension between the two is building.

JUDITH: I miss your touch. I miss your body being close to mine. I miss the way you used to caress my breasts. And, I miss the way your lips feel on mine...

Stuart gently touches Judith face and passionately kisses her.

Back at Philip’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Jennifer is standing over by a window. As she looks out the window, she takes a sip from her glass of her wine. Philip stands up and goes to her. He puts his hands on her shoulders.

JENNIFER: Thank you for doing all that you do for me.

PHILIP: You’re the love of my life. There’s nothing I wouldn’t do for you.

Jennifer sets down her glass of wine, turns around, puts her arms around Philip, and kisses him slowly, yet passionately.

JENNIFER: I’m just so scared.

PHILIP: I know you are, babe. Everything will turn out just fine.

JENNIFER: No offence. But, I don’t think I believe that statement anymore.

PHILIP: Why not?
Jennifer steps away from Joshua.

JENNIFER: Look what’s happened. We have come so close to figuring this whole thing out. Then, we take two giant steps back. (tearing up) Everyday that goes by, I get more scared and more scared about what the future holds. (crying) My mom and dad died! I no longer have them here! They’re gone! And, some monster is getting off with not even a slap on the wrist! There’s no punishment for this S.O.B. I can’t do this anymore! I can’t! I can’t!

Philip rushes to Jennifer. He embraces her. The two fall to the floor, as Jennifer continues to cry uncontrollably.

JENNIFER: I want my mommy and daddy! I want them back! Please! Give them back to me, God! Please! Please! Please!

Back at Anderson Manufacturing, in the CEO Office, Cynthia and Carter are now sitting down on Cynthia’s office couch.

CYNTHIA: Why now? Why come forward now with this supposed truth?

CARTER: Because, someone connected to me and my past has died. Their death made me realize that I need to be honest with you.

CYNTHIA: Okay. Go on.

CARTER: Do you remember the day you hired me and you asked me if the reason I was strapped for cash was due to drugs?

CYNTHIA: Yes. And, you said ‘no’.

CARTER: Correct. Part of me saying ‘no’ was a lie.

CYNTHIA: What is that supposed to mean? Are you doing drugs?

CARTER: (sighs) The reason I had no money at the time you hired me was because of drugs. I wasn’t doing them. But, I was selling them.

CYNTHIA: Oh my god.

CARTER: I know it’s shocking.

CYNTHIA: You got that right. How’d you become broke though?

CARTER: The drug dealer...the brain’s behind the operation...she took all of my money once I quit selling for her. Shortly after I quit, she got all of my account and banking information. She proceeded to drain me of just about every last penny I had to my name.

CYNTHIA: My god. Are these people after you?

CARTER: Not anymore. I dropped out, my boss called off the dogs. Plus, she’s dead. Her team would be too scared to come out of hiding anyway.

CYNTHIA: She? You keep saying ‘she’. Who was your boss?

CARTER: I can’t tell you that.

CYNTHIA: If you don’t, I call the cops. Your choice.

CARTER: It was Becky Campbell.

CYNTHIA: (standing) Are you serious?

CARTER: (standing) Yeah. I worked for her. I was apart of her team.

Before Cynthia can say something further, the door to the office is heard opening again. Cynthia and Carter turn their attention to the door. Thomas enters.


THOMAS: (to Carter) You son-of-a-bitch.

CYNTHIA: Thomas, what are you doing here?

THOMAS: I’ve been looking for my dad. I thought he might be here. But, that’s not important right now. What is, is the fact that this low-life bastard knew that Becky was a drug dealer.

CARTER: Why you gotta call me names?

THOMAS: Shut up, you piece of trash.

CYNTHIA: Thomas, I’m gonna have to ask you to leave.

THOMAS: You shut up too. My dad owns this business. I can do whatever I want here. And, what I want to do is have Carter explain everything to me.

Carter begins to walk to the door. Thomas stops him.

CARTER: I have to go. I...

THOMAS: You’re not going anywhere.

The camera zooms in on a very angry Thomas.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 40***

No comments:

Post a Comment