Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2019

EPISODE #38

EPISODE 38


Created By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Mike Larry
Written By: Casey Hutchison & Mike Larry

NEW DAY. MORNING.

PREVIOUSLY ON THERE’S ALWAYS TOMORROW

--Becky died from the impact of her car accident.

--Thomas revealed to the police that Becky was an undercover drug dealer and the one who had knocked him unconscious.

--Amy questioned why Veronica wants to spend so much time around Mimi. Mimi reassured Amy that the feelings she had for Veronica are no longer there.

--Andrea had terrible cramps and wondered if her baby was okay. However, the cramps turned out to be caused by stress relating to work.

--And, Michael and Lindsay revealed to one another that they both knew that Carter and Cynthia betrayed them by kissing each other.
ANDERSON MANUFACTURING - 40TH FLOOR

Lindsay steps off the elevator and walks up to the CEO office. Once she gets to the door, she takes a deep breath. Then, she barges in! Cynthia, who is sitting behind her desk, stands.


CYNTHIA: Lindsay! My god! Weren’t you taught any manners?

LINDSAY: You wanna talk about manners? Okay. That’s fine. I’m okay with that, just as long as we talk about your morals right after.

CYNTHIA: I don’t have time for this today. By the way, what the hell are you even talking about right now?

LINDSAY: I know about your kiss with my boyfriend! You’ve not only upset me, but you also did one hell of a number on my father...your husband. Remember him? I hate you, Cindy Lou.

Lindsay leans over Cynthia’s desk, her hands firmly planted.

LINDSAY: You have to go!

CYNTHIA: I’m not going anywhere. And, the name is Cynthia.

Cynthia, clearly frustrated, comes out from behind her desk. Lindsay doesn’t letting up, following her to the center of the office.

LINDSAY: I will see to it that you are shown the door out of my father’s life and out of this company. You are such an opportunistic whore and it ends now. You took my job from me. You are trying to take my man. And, since my father is so hurt right now, I’ll take care of his dealings for him. I won’t let you win, tramp.

CYNTHIA: My kiss with Carter happened by mistake. Like I told your father, Carter and I both had a little too much to drink. We got caught up in the moment. I know it was wrong. And, I wish to God that it had never happened. But, it did. I can’t change that. You know, it is so funny, you want to bring up bad stuff? You’ve done bad stuff to me too. Remember when you revealed that I killed my uncle? You tried to turn that around on me. It didn’t work. You wanna know why? Because, I’m a survivor.

LINDSAY: Oh, honey, you won’t survive me. Nice try, though. I do see that you’re trying to turn things around on me. It’s not gonna work. Nothing you say or do from this point on will change the fact that you are a cheap, old, slut.

Cynthia backhands Lindsay! Lindsay is stunned by this motion and grabs her cheek. It is clear the slap has left a stinging pain.

CYNTHIA: You sure do have a hard face. (laughs) I have been waiting to do that to you for such a long time now.

Lindsay lets out a little laugh too. She then slaps Cynthia back. The force from Lindsay’s slap makes Cynthia almost lose her balance. Cynthia takes a moment to regain herself. Then, she lunges at Lindsay! She grabs a hold of her throat and slams her into the wall! Cynthia’s grip around Lindsay begins to tighten!
THE PALACE HOTEL - CARTER’S SUITE
Image result for nice hotel room

Carter is getting ready for the workday. As he puts on his suit jacket, there’s a knock at his door. As soon as he opens the door, he’s shocked to see Michael there.


CARTER: Michael.


MICHAEL: How’d my wife taste to you, you piece of scum? I know what you did. I know you stuck your tongue down her throat!

CARTER: Look, I don’t know...

MICHAEL: Cut the crap, you son-of-a-bitch! I have photos of you two!
CARTER: Wait? What? Photos?

MICHAEL: Yeah. I was having you followed. Boy, I’m glad I did too.

CARTER: You were having me followed?

MICHAEL: Yeah. I’ve found you suspicious from day one.

CARTER: Look, Michael, you have to understand that this kiss between Cynthia and I meant nothing. It was an accident.

Michael gets closer to Carter. He stares him down aggressively.

MICHAEL: I didn’t like how you came at my wife. You knew that she was a married. And, not to mention, you’re dating my daughter. You’ve hurt her very badly. So, our issue goes way beyond what you and Cynthia did.

CARTER: I didn’t mean to hurt your daughter. I am so sorry for everything. I really am. Come in my room. Hear me out.

MICHAEL: I’m not coming in your room. I don’t have much left to say to you. You just better know that I am a man who protects his family.

CARTER: That’s a good quality, I guess.

MICHAEL: You’re so smug, you know that. You hurt me and my daughter and you can only show remorse for it for five seconds. I see the look on your face. I can read a person quite well. You’re not sorry.

CARTER: I am sorry. People make mistakes. Cynthia kissed me and I played into it. I did. I’ll admit that. But, I can’t change this horrible mistake. All I can say to you and your daughter is that it meant nothing.

Michael stares down Carter for a couple of seconds. Then, he sucker punches him in the face! Carter falls to the ground. He touches his bleeding lip.

MICHAEL: Stay the hell away from my family, you bastard!

Michael walks off.
JACKSON FAMILY HOME - LIVING ROOM
Image result for simple living room with fireplace

Andrea is lounging on the couch. The fireplace is lit and Andrea is watching over it. Joshua enters holding a cup of tea. Andrea looks up as Joshua hands her the tea. Joshua sits next to her.


ANDREA: Thank you, honey.

As Andrea takes a sip of the tea, Joshua puts his arms around her.


JOSHUA: Are you feeling better?

ANDREA: The pain is easing up a little. Plus, it’s easier to feel better when you have a man taking such good care of you.

JOSHUA: It’s my job. I love you and I can’t wait till our bundle of joy arrives five months from now. You have made me the happiest man on the planet. I have a great, we’re having a child, and all in all, we have a good life.

ANDREA: Yes, we do. And, I hope nothing ever happens to change that. I don’t want this life of ours to ever end.

JOSHUA: It won’t.

Joshua and Andrea kiss.
THE GRAND PIANO - DINING AREA
Related image

Veronica is sitting down at a table. Jennifer enters, spots Veronica, and walks up to her. Jennifer sits down across from her.

Paige Hurd
JENNIFER: Good morning.


VERONICA: (smiling) Morning.

JENNIFER: Thanks for meeting me, by the way.

VERONICA: Yeah. No problem. That’s a beautiful ring by the way.

JENNIFER: Thank you. My boyfriend Philip and I are engaged.

VERONICA: Congratulations. I’m happy for you.

JENNIFER: Thanks. Well, shall we find out what we would like to eat?

VERONICA: Yeah.

Jennifer and Veronica pick up their menus and open them.
WHITMORE PENTHOUSE - LIVING ROOM
Related image

Judith enters the living room. She is holding a cup of coffee. She then takes a sip from her mug, picks up the TV remote, and turns on the news. She sits down and turns up the news program.

REPORTER: Breaking news to report. Detective Becky Campbell of the Thorne Hill Police Department was found dead last night on the outskirts of town. It is apparent that she hit a deer as she was driving down the road. Additionally, sources tell us that the Detective had a checkered past that police are now looking into.


JUDITH: (whispers) You bet her past was checkered.

(FLASHBACK)

BECKY: Mrs. Whitmore, I think you should come forward with the truth.

JUDITH: I will do no such thing. And, you won’t either. I have something on you, Detective. And, if you go behind my back, and continue to dig, I will reveal what you’ve been up to.

BECKY: You’re bluffing.

JUDITH: Try me. I dare you to.

(FLASHBACK ENDS)

As Judith comes out of her thoughts, there is a knock at the door. Judith stands and walks over the the door. She sets her mug on the fireplace mantle.

JUDITH: (opening the door) Hey, sis.


AVA: Morning.

Ava enters. Judith shuts the door and turns around.

AVA: Sorry that I’m over here so early. I just needed to talk to you.

JUDITH: You’re alright. I don’t have anything to do these days anyway. After all, my family hates me. And, I don’t have too many friends.

AVA: This is a nice place though.

JUDITH: Thank you. So, what brings you by anyway?

Ava sets her purse down and takes off her coat.

AVA: (sighs) Last night, after you left, I recieved a package at my door. I got wedding photos of Keith and I. Multiple copies.

JUDITH: Do you think this officially means he knows where you are?

AVA: (fearful) I don’t know. I pray he doesn’t.

There’s a pause between the two. Judith then embraces Ava.

Back at The Grand Piano, in the Dining Area, Veronica and Jennifer are still glancing over the menus in front of them.

VERONICA: My goodness it’s close to lunch time.

JENNIFER: Yeah. I guess. Here comes out waiter. Do you know what you want? The whole menu is available.

VERONICA: Yes, I do.

Veronica and Jennifer put their menus down. The Waiter comes over.

WAITER: Hello, ladies. What can I get for you today?

VERONICA: I’ll take a BLT on wheat, please.

WAITER: Certainly. And, for you, miss?

JENNIFER: I’ll have the strawberry french toast with turkey bacon.

WAITER: You got it. Would you two like anything else to drink except for the water? We have a great latte.

JENNIFER: We’re fine, thank you.

WAITER: Alright.

The Waiter smiles and walks off.

VERONICA: You know, I’ve never really been big on breakfast.

JENNIFER: Neither has Joshua. Our father was the same way.

VERONICA: Really?

JENNIFER: Yes. Anyway, let’s get down to business. I called you hear this morning so we could talk about the future of our sibling relationship.

VERONICA: That’s great. I’d love to get to know you and Josh better.

JENNIFER: We’d like to get to know you better as well. It’s going to take a bit of time to get used to the fact that my father cheated on my mother. But, I am not going to hold that affair against you.

VERONICA: Thank you.

JENNIFER: You know what? Why don’t we have a girls day? Get our nails done, do a little shopping, and that way we can talk a little more.

VERONICA: I’d appreciate that. I’d also like to hear more about our dad.

JENNIFER: Okay. What do you want to know?

VERONICA: What led to dad’s affair with my mother? Were your dad and your mom not happy? Were they having issues?

JENNIFER: No. I...

Then, Veronica’s phone rings. Veronica retrieves her phone from her purse and looks down at her phone to see who is contacting her.

VERONICA: Do you mind if I take this?

JENNIFER: Not at all. Go right ahead.

Veronica answers her phone call.

VERONICA: Hello?


DOREEN: (over the phone) Hey, baby. It’s me.

VERONICA: I know.

DOREEN: (over the phone) I raised you better. Don’t be hostile.

VERONICA: Sorry.

DOREEN: (over the phone) So, how are things going? Did you meet your half brother and sister yet? Do you need me to come to that town?

VERONICA: Yes, I’ve me them. And, no, I don’t need you to come here. In fact, things are going well here. I’m even sharing a meal with my sister right now. Look, mom, I’ve gotta go. I love you. Bye.

Veronica ends the call.

JENNIFER: So, that was your mom?

VERONICA: Yeah.

JENNIFER: I’d love to meet her.

As Jennifer raises her right eyebrow, Veronica smiles politely and takes a sip of her water. The tension that’s been created makes for an awkward situation.

Back at Anderson Manufacturing, in the CEO Office, Cynthia still has her strong grip on Lindsay’s throat. Cynthia’s conscious kicks in and she releases Lindsay. Lindsay gasps for air. She can barely breath. Then, Lindsay back hands Cynthia and Cynthia falls to the floor.

LINDSAY: You tried to kill me! Wait till I tell my father! Your ass is finished, bitch! Your days are numbered in this family, in this company, and in this town!

CYNTHIA: It’ll always be my word against yours. I know I can rope your father back in. It will be my word against yours so tell your father anything you’d like you spoiled little brat. You’ve been attacking me since day one and it’s high time I showed you that every action has a reaction. You came here ready to do battle over a mistake that I regret. (standing) It’s time you pay!

LINDSAY: Shove it.

Lindsay collects her things and leaves. Cynthia walks over to the bar cart, pours herself a quick scotch, guzzles it down. She slams the glass down, breaking it. Then, she tips the whole bar cart over, shattering glasses, drink holders, and even breaking the glass of the bar cart.

OUTSIDE OF THE CEO OFFICE

Lindsay collects herself. She then grabs her head and leans against the wall. Her eye twitches repeatedly. She tries to calm herself more.

LINDSAY: That hag really took the air out of me.

Lindsay lets out a deep breath.

Back at the Whitmore Penthouse, in the Living Room, Judith and Ava walk over to the couch and sit down next to one another.

JUDITH: So, if Keith is in town, do you think he’ll come for you?

AVA: I don’t know what his plans are. And, I’m not even sure if he’s in town. I just don’t know anything anymore.

JUDITH: Ava, trust me when I say, I will not let anything happen to you. Keith will not hurt you. You have nothing to worry about. I’ll protect you.

AVA: I knew I did the right thing by coming here.
JUDITH: Yes, you did. You’re safe here.

Ava and Judith smile at one another.

AVA: I love you, sis.

JUDITH: I love you too.
ROSE THORNE MOTEL - MOTEL ROOM

Keith is hanging up pictures in a cheap motel room. The camera zooms out to reveal photos of Ava all over the place. Photos of her around town, photos of her from when she was in school, photos of her eyes cut out, etc. It’s a truly horrific setting in the dark room. Keith then hangs a photo of he and Ava together.


KEITH: You’re my wife, Ava. You belong with me. I will never leave you. I will never let go of what we have. I love you, Ava. I love you.

Keith walks over to the bed and picks up a doll that resembles Ava. He sits down on the bed and starts making out with the doll.

KEITH: I love you, Ava. I love you, Ava. I love you, Ava.

Keith continues to chant “I love you, Ava,” as the camera zooms out.

***FADE OUT***

***END OF EP. 38***

No comments:

Post a Comment