Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

EPISODE #41

EPISODE 41

Created By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Mike Larry
Written By: Casey Hutchison & Mike Larry

SAME DAY. NIGHT.

PREVIOUSLY ON THERE’S ALWAYS TOMORROW

--After discussing her frustrations about not yet finding her parents’ murderer, after almost two years, Jennifer had a panic attack.

--Thomas and Cynthia both found out that Carter once worked with Becky in her drug operation. Cynthia also discovered that Carter was so strapped for cash at one point because Becky had drained his bank account in retaliation to him quitting.

--Stuart and Judith reminisced over old family photos and the fact that they are a couple days away from what would’ve been their 36th wedding anniversary. The loving memories the two shared, led to them kissing.

--Mimi told Veronica that she needed to stop bringing up their past together because it’s inappropriate and hurtful to Amy and Mimi’s marriage.

--And, Michael asked Lindsay to rejoin Anderson Manufacturing and move back into the mansion. However, Lindsay assured Michael that she is fine living her own life and working with Thomas.
ANDERSON MANUFACTURING - CEO OFFICE

The camera pans over to Thomas still standing close to Carter.

THOMAS: You’re not going anywhere. You are going to stay here and explain to me what you know about Becky’s former operation. You are also going to tell me why you did not come clean till now.


CARTER: Thomas, I couldn’t come clean. I would’ve been arrested.

THOMAS: So what? This town could’ve put both of you behind bars. That would’ve been two criminals off the streets.

CYNTHIA: Thomas, please go. I’ll explain...

THOMAS: Not another word out of you! This is between Carter and I!

CARTER: Look, Becky was a dealer with a large operation. She shipped drugs all over the world. But, what does it matter now? She’s dead.

THOMAS: The police want answers. I’m turning your ass into the cops. I don’t care if they let you go. I don’t care if they lock you up and throw away the key. I do care about them getting their information though.

Thomas pulls out his phone. He begins to dial a number.


CYNTHIA: Thomas, put your phone away.

THOMAS: No. This man isn’t walking away from this mess.

Carter grabs Thomas’ phone and throws it on the floor.

CYNTHIA: (gasps) Carter!

CARTER: I’m not going to jail.

As Thomas and Carter stare one another down, Michael and Lindsay enter the office and are confused and shocked at what they see.


MICHAEL: What the hell is going on here?!


LINDSAY: Someone start talking. Now!
THE PALACE HOTEL - AVA’S SUITE
Image result for nice hotel room

Ava has just come in from the parking garage. She hurries up to enter her suite, slamming the door behind her.


AVA: (gasping for air) He’s not real. He’s not here. He is far away from Thorne Hill. He’s not here. He’s not here.

Then, there’s a knock at the door. Ava jumps, she’s scared, frightened.

AVA: Who’s there?!

MAN: Housekeeping.

AVA: I don’t need turndown service. Thank you.

Ava walks away from the door, as she hears footsteps walk away from her door. She walks over to the mini bar and retrieves a small bottle of vodka. She guzzles it down. Then, there’s another knock at the door.

AVA: (setting down the bottle) Does this hotel not understand anything?

Ava walks to the door and opens it.

AVA: I don’t need...


KEITH: Hello, Ava.

AVA: (frightened) Keith.
WHITMORE MANSION - LIVING ROOM
Gorgeous Ideas Classic Living Room Design Classic Living Room Ideas Safarihomedecor

Judith and Stuart are still sitting on the couch, kissing.


JUDITH: (coming off the kiss) Wow.


STUART: You can say that again.

JUDITH: I haven’t felt that spark in a very long time.

STUART: Same here. I’ve missed it.

JUDITH: Me too. And, I’ve missed you.

As Stuart and Judith stare deeply into one another’s eyes, Stuart phone rings. He retrieves his phone from his back pocket.

JUDITH: Please, don’t take that.

STUART: Unfortunately, I have to. (standing) I’ve been waiting for this call. Please, excuse me for just a moment.

JUDITH: (sighs) Okay.

STUART: I’ll be back. I promise.

Stuart walks out of the room. Judith lets out a deep breath.
JACKSON FAMILY HOME - LIVING ROOM
Image result for simple living room with fireplace

Philip enters the living room. Joshua and Andrea are taking off their coats. Philip walks up to them.


JOSHUA: How is she?


PHILIP: She’s doing fine. She’s taking a shower.


ANDREA: What happened to, Jennifer?

PHILIP: Shortly after you two left, we talked about her frustrations regarding the investigation. I think she had a panic attack.

JOSHUA: Oh my god.

ANDREA: Should I go be with her right now?

PHILIP: Just give her some time. Let her relax.

JOSHUA: I think that’s a good idea.

ANDREA: Probably for the best. How about I make us all some tea and we can regroup. All of us should calm our nerves. I’ll also make a few calls. (to Joshua) I can get some interns and attendings to cover our work.

JOSHUA: Thanks, babe.

Andrea exits the room.

JOSHUA: Are you she’s okay?

PHILIP: Yeah. I got her settled down.

JOSHUA: You can be honest with me.

PHILIP: Joshua, I promise you that she will be fine. No one understands her frustrations like you do. Emotions were heavy in my apartment tonight.

JOSHUA: Yes they were.

PHILIP: We’re gonna find this pathetic S.O.B. Don’t worry.

JOSHUA: Easier said than done.

Back at the Whitmore Mansion, in the Living Room, Judith has lit candles. She is standing over by the stereo system. Stuart re-enters the room.

STUART: What’s all this?

Judith hits the PLAY button.

*PLAY MUSIC FOR SCENE*

Judith goes to Stuart.

JUDITH: I was hoping you’d dance with me.

STUART: One of our favorite things to do.

JUDITH: I know.

Judith wraps her arms around Stuart. The two begins swaying back and forth.

STUART: I see you turned on our song. The one we danced to at our wedding. This song brings back so many memories.

JUDITH: You got that right. Do you remember how this became our song?

STUART: Not quite. Was it that night we were in that diner we managed to walk our way to after we got stuck in a blizzard?

JUDITH: (laughs) No. But, that’s a good one. It was on our first date. You took me to that retro showing of Breakfast at Tiffany's. I told you how much I adored Audrey Hepburn.

STUART: I remember now. I saw how much your face lit up when that song began to play. We stuck with that song because it made you happy.

JUDITH: And, it made me happier to dance to it with you. I know things aren’t the same between us. They haven’t been for awhile. But, I love you, Stuart. I always have. We may be divorced, but we share an unbreakable bond. You will forever mean more to me than any man on the planet.

Judith and Stuart get closer, more like a hug. The camera cuts back and forth between them. They’re both contemplating where they stand with one another. The music continues to play.
JACKSON FAMILY HOME - JENNIFER’S BEDROOM

Philip enters the dark room. The room is slightly lit up by the outside, night sky, and the light from the hallway. Jennifer is laying on the bed. Philip walks to the bed and sits next to her.

PHILIP: How are you feeling?

Paige Hurd
JENNIFER: I’m still a little shaken up.

PHILIP: I’m sorry about tonight. I’m doing everything can to find this murderer. We will solve this mystery. I promise.

JENNIFER: Can we not talk about the investigation right now? I just want you to lay here with me. Please. Lay down.

Philip lays next to Jennifer. Jennifer props herself up on his chest.

Back at Anderson Manufacturing, in the CEO Office, Michael shuts the door to the office, turns around, and walks back over to Thomas, Lindsay, Cynthia, and Carter.

MICHAEL: So, that’s what was going on before my daughter and I walked into the room? Carter admitted to being apart of Becky’s operation?

CYNTHIA: Yes, he did.

MICHAEL: And, you were trying to call the police, son?

THOMAS: Yes, I was.

MICHAEL: Is that all?

CARTER: Yeah.

MICHAEL: No one will be going to jail today.

LINDSAY: Dad, what do you have planned?

MICHAEL: No one is going to be arrested because there’s no point in anyone knowing what Carter was upto with Becky.

THOMAS: He’s a criminal, dad! He helped shipped drugs all over the world! Justice has to be done! Now!

MICHAEL: Lower your voice. Stop acting like a child. I’m handling this now. Effective immediately, Cynthia and Carter will be terminated from their positions.

CYNTHIA: Michael...

MICHAEL: Everyone shut up. You two are to turn in your company badges to security. You can collect your final paychecks tomorrow.

CYNTHIA: Who’s gonna run the company?

MICHAEL: I’ll be the interim CEO. I’ll clean up this damn mess. But, make no mistake, I have someone coming to town to be this company’s permanent CEO and lead it into a bright future. I should be on a golf course these days, not having to clean up messes at my company.

LINDSAY: Who do you have in mind for the position?

MICHAEL: All will be revealed soon. For now, everyone can leave.

Michael then walks up to Carter.

MICHAEL: And, you watch your back.

CARTER: Is that a threat?

MICHAEL: I only make promises.

Back at The Palace Hotel, in Ava’s Suite, Keith forces his way into the suite and slams the door. Ava backs away.

AVA: Get out, now. Or, I’ll scream.

Keith pulls out a knife.

KEITH: I don’t think you’re gonna do that.

AVA: Keith, put that knife away.

Keith licks the blade of the knife.

KEITH: Not a chance.

AVA: (choked up) Please, go.

KEITH: Don’t you wanna have a little fun first?

AVA: No! No!

Ava runs across the room. Keith follows her and knocks her to the ground. As she tries to back up, Keith gets on top of her. Keith begins to unbutton Ava’s blouse with his knife.

KEITH: We’re gonna make love like we used to do.

AVA: No. Please. (crying) No.

Keith puts a hand over Ava’s mouth. He then begins to muffle her screams and undo his pants. Keith lifts up Ava’s skirt and begins to thrust forward. The camera zooms in on Ava’s face, she’s still crying and trying to scream.

Then, the screen flashes. Ava is on the bed, passed out. Three mini vodka bottles are beside her. She wakes up in a sweat.

AVA: Oh my god. What the hell kind of nightmare was that?

The camera zooms in on Ava, trying to catch her breath.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 41***

No comments:

Post a Comment