Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

EPISODE #39

EPISODE 39


Created By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Mike Larry
Written By: Casey Hutchison & Mike Larry

SAME DAY. AFTERNOON/LATE EVENING

PREVIOUSLY ON THERE’S ALWAYS TOMORROW

--Joshua comforted Andrea after a scary night in the hospital.

--Jennifer tried to connect more with Veronica. However, Jennifer was caught off guard when Veronica recieved a call from her mother, Doreen Sterling.

--Lindsay confronted Cynthia about her kiss with Carter. This led to the two women having a catfight where Cynthia tried to strangle Lindsay to death. Afterwards, Lindsay’s eye started twitching and she had a terrible headache.

--Michael confronted Carter about the kiss as well. Carter tried to apologize, but this led to Michael punching him across the face.

--Judith found out Becky died and thought about the moment that she blackmailed Becky over her secret. Later on, Ava arrived and told Judith that she wasn’t sure what Keith’s true intentions were.

--And, it was revealed that Keith was obsessed with Ava and even built a shrine to her. He also had a doll made of her.
WHITMORE MANSION - LIVING ROOM
Gorgeous Ideas Classic Living Room Design Classic Living Room Ideas Safarihomedecor

Stuart is standing over by the bar cart. He has just finished making himself a stiff drink. As he turns around, Judith enters the room.


STUART: Judith, hello.


JUDITH: Hi. I hope you don’t mind, Miss Morales let me in.

STUART: Of course I don’t mind. I called you over here.

JUDITH: Why is that? Why did I have to rush over here?

STUART: We need to have a little chat.

JUDITH: About...?

STUART: Our son hasn’t stopped searching for whomever murdered Jennifer and Joshua’s parents. I’ve had someone dig into how far he’s gotten into the investigation. And, I just want you to know that we should be very worried.

JUDITH: Why? What has he found?

STUART: He found your diamond bracelet...the one I gave you. After all this time, they found it at the crash site.

JUDITH: Oh my god.

STUART: Don’t worry. You see, our son was having the thing dusted for prints. But, they won’t find your’s, mine, or anyone else’s. I was one step ahead of Philip. I had the bracelet completely wiped of any prints. I paid off some junior lab tech. Anyway, I called you here because we need to prevent any further of these so-called missteps. Our son cannot figure out what we did that night and why we had to do it.
THOMAS’ APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM

Lindsay and Thomas enter the living room. They’re both drinking a glass of lemonade. They both proceed to sit on the couch.


LINDSAY: I’m glad you’re feeling better.


THOMAS: Yeah. Me too.

LINDSAY: The painkillers must be helping.

THOMAS: (laughs) Yes, they are. But, enough about me. How are you doing?

LINDSAY: I’m okay. I’m doing fine.

THOMAS: Oh yeah?

LINDSAY: Yes.

THOMAS: Then, why is your neck and face red? You look like you ran into a street pole and the pole won. What the heck happened to you today?

Lindsay awkwardly sips on her lemonade.
ANDERSON MANUFACTURING - CARTER’S OFFICE

Carter is sitting at his desk, icing his lip. He opens his laptop, eager to get to work. Before he can dive into his schedule for the day, he sees a news alert about Becky’s passing.


CARTER: Oh my god. Becky died?

Carter clicks on the article further.

CARTER: Oh no. They suspect her of a checkered past? It’s only a matter of time before the police piece together what she was upto. I’ve gotta protect myself. But how? What do I do?

Before Carter can ponder on his next moves, there’s a knock at his office door. He sets the ice pack down, next to his computer.

CARTER: Come in!

Cynthia hurriedly enters, shutting the door behind her.


CYNTHIA: (going to him) Carter, we need to talk. I have...

Cynthia notices Carter’s wound.

CYNTHIA: Judging from that busted lip, I assume you already know what I was just about to tell you.

CARTER: I have a feeling. I already had a run in with Michael. And, it looks like you had a run in with Lindsay.

CYNTHIA: You got that right. What the are we gonna do?
AMY & MIMI’S APARTMENT - DINING AREA
Related image

Amy and Mimi are sitting at their dining room table and having a late lunch. Each of them is eating a salad and drinking a glass of water.


AMY: Hey, did you ever get everything worked out with your late cafe deliveries? If that company is still giving you issues, I can talk to the boss of the Illinois branch.


MIMI: Don’t worry about it. I got it all taken care of. As you know, the company is now under new management and they’re changing things up. I had to simply tell them that their change in management shouldn’t impact me and my business. I even threatened to take my business elsewhere. I think my bluff got them to oblige with my demand of the usual stock deliveries twice a week.

AMY: Well, well, well, look at you being a business hotshot.

Mimi smiles at Amy. The two join hands at the table.

MIMI: Anyway, enough about me. I would like to shine some light on the fact that you seem to be in a great mood today. What’s up with that?

AMY: I’m just glad that you got off of work early. I love it when you’re home. Plus, I feel as though we don’t spend enough time together. I’ve missed you.

MIMI: I’ve missed you too. I tired to wrap everything up very quickly today.

AMY: I’m glad you did. There’s something I’ve been meaning to tell you. And, now that you’re home, I can do exactly that.

MIMI: Go on.

Amy reches into the pocket of her blazer and pulls out a pamphlet. She lays the pamphlet down on the table. Mimi looks at it and her eyes widen as she sees that the pamphlet is about options of how same-sex couples can have children. She smiles down at the pamphlet and then looks back up at Amy.
MIMI: Does this mean what I think it does?

AMY: Yes. I’ve given a lot of thought to what you proposed a few days ago. I think I’m ready. I want us to add a child to our home and to our family.

MIMI: Amy, this is amazing. We’ll make great parents.

Mimi gets up and walks over to Amy. She sits on her lap.

MIMI: Are you sure about this?

AMY: Yes. A thousand times, yes.

MImi and Amy stare deeply into one another’s eyes. Then, after a short pause, they kiss each other passionately.
MIMI’S CAFE
Image result for coffee house

Ava is sitting down at a corner booth and having a cup of coffee. She is also looking through the photos of she and Keith on their wedding day.


AVA: We were so happy.

(FLASHBACK)

Keith and Ava are in a hotel room. They are naked, under the covers. It is apparent they just finished making love. Ava rests on Keith’s chest.

AVA: This has been the best honeymoon ever.
KEITH: I’m glad you’re having a good time.

AVA: The best. I wish moments like these would last forever.

KEITH: You just made me the happiest man on this planet. These moments, this spark between us, it isn’t going away. I promise.

(FLASHBACK ENDS)

AVA: So much for promises.

(FLASHBACK)

Ava and Keith are in the living room of their old home.

AVA: It is not my fault you got laid off from your job! I am not your boss! I don’t make the decision where you work! It is not my fault that you started drinking! I am not the one who chanted for you to chug a beer like you were at some frat party! None of this is my fault!

KEITH: You are not responsible for every bad thing in this world. But, you are responsible for this marriage going down the drain! You have never supported me! You have never really loved me! You have never been on my side!

AVA: I’ve always been there for you! You are the one pushing me away!

(FLASHBACK ENDS)

AVA: Who knew it’d only get worse from that night on.

(FLASHBACK)

Ava is laying down on the floor of the living room of she and Keith’s old home. She has just been beaten by Keith.  Her nose is leaking blood. Her jaw and left eye is swollen. Her lip is busted. She is gasping for air.

(FLASHBACK ENDS)

Ava sets down the photos of she and Keith.
AVA: (choked up) If he is in town, he’ll want me dead.

Ava takes a sip of her coffee.

AVA: I can’t let him hurt me...ever again.
PHILIP’S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM

Jennifer, Joshua, Philip, Greg, and Andrea all sit down in the living room.


PHILIP: Alrighty, Greg. So, you’ve got the results of the fingerprint test?

GREG: I do. My buddy gave them to me late last night.

Paige Hurd
JENNIFER: Well, don’t keep us waiting on pins and needles.


JOSHUA: I agree. Just come out and say what it is. Do we know who did this? Do we know who killed Jenn and I’s parents?


ANDREA: Is this nightmare finally going to be over for this family?

Back at Amy and MImi’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Amy and Mimi are laying on the couch. They are looking through the pamphlet.

AMY: So, as you can see, this place is top notch. They’ve helped thousands of same-sex couples get a child who fits right for them.

MIMI: I’m absolutely sold on this place. It’s perfect.

AMY: That was my thought too.

MIMI: You know, I can’t believe this is happening. Our life is really coming together. It’s really becoming something that fairytales are made of.

AMY: You’re absolutely right. And, nothing is going to slow us down.

Amy smiles on at Mimi.

Back at Thomas’ Apartment, in the Living Room, Lindsay sets her glass of lemonade down on the table in front of her.

LINDSAY: The day you went to the hospital...the day I discovered you laying on the floor, I had just found out that Carter and Cynthia kissed each other.

THOMAS: Whoa! What?! Are you kidding me?!

LINDSAY: No. He came right out with it. He came over to my place that day and said that something was weighing on him. He proceeded to shatter my heart.

THOMAS: Sis, I’m so sorry.

LINDSAY: Thank you. Anyway, this morning, I confronted Cynthia. Things got ugly. I slapped her. She slapped me. She choked me. Finally, I squashed her like a bug.

THOMAS: I’d hate to see her right now.

LINDSAY: I did what I had to do.

THOMAS: How’s dad?

LINDSAY: Very upset. I don’t even think he can manage to form a thought right now. Despite my hatred for that slut, he adored her.

THOMAS: She took his love for granted.

LINDSAY: Yes she did. I’m just upset that it took something like this to happen for him to see what kind of woman she really is.

THOMAS: Sometimes people need a personal wake up call.

LINDSAY: Yeah. Anyway, how are you doing? Have the police asked you anymore questions about what Becky was upto when she was clocked out from the police station?

THOMAS: I had a chat with Detective Roberts. I explained everything I knew. I turned in all the evidence from the background check.

LINDSAY: Hopefully you can put this mess behind you.

THOMAS: Yeah. I hope so.

Then, Thomas’ phone dings.

THOMAS: Excuse me.

Thomas retrieves his phone from his pocket and sees that he has been sent a text message. The message reads:

867-553
DO NOT REPLY. CONFIRMATION: Your flight from Thorne Hill, Illinois to St. Helena, California has been booked.

Thomas reads the text and proceeds to put his phone back in his pocket.

LINDSAY: What was that all about? Anything about The Grape Escape?

THOMAS: No. Nothing to worry about. More lemonade?

LINDSAY: I’m fine. Thanks. Tell me more about what kind of questions Roberts asked you when you were down at the station. I want to make sure you got all of your bases covered.

Back at the Whitmore Mansion, in the Living Room, Stuart hands Judith a glass of scotch. He still has his. Judith takes a small sip of her drink.

JUDITH: Its been almost two years since that murder took place. How did our son even find my bracelet after all this time? And, sure, you took care of getting my prints wiped off of it. But, Philip should be able to recognize that it’s mine. I used to wear that thing all the time.

STUART: I don’t know how he found your bracelet after all this time. And, I’m not sure he won’t recognize it. We just have to be sure that we remain one step ahead of our son.

JUDITH: I hate this. I hate what this is doing to our family. I already tried to put a stop to our son helping Jennifer before. I’m not sure I can do it again.

STUART: How’d you put a stop to it the first time?

(FLASHBACK)

JUDITH: Yeah. Save it. We have a lot to discuss. I want to know why you took things to the extremes. I want to know what gave you the right to run my son down with a car.

VARGAS: Do you not remember anything, boss?

JUDITH: What does this have to do with my memory?

VARGAS: (laughs) You said that I could do whatever I wanted to do when it came to stopping Philip from uncovering the truth.

Judith slaps Vargas.

JUDITH: You foolish idiot! I never meant for you to hit my son with a car!

(FLASHBACK ENDS)

JUDITH: I had Vargas steal those notes Jennifer took on the investigation. Remember? I was able to figure out what she knew.

STUART: Oh, yes, I do remember that.

JUDITH: What do you suggest we do now?

STUART: I’ll figure out something. Trust me, I’ll take care of it.

JUDITH: For your sake...and for mine...I hope you do.

Back at Philip’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Greg hands an envelope to Philip. Philip looks over the contents of the envelope. He then slams the contents down on the table.

JENNIFER: Bad news?

PHILIP: Yeah.

ANDREA: What do the results say?

PHILIP: The lab didn’t find anyone’s prints.

JOSHUA: How the hell is that possible?

GREG: My friend told me that because the bracelet was outside and being damaged for almost two years, he couldn’t come up with a definitive match.

JOSHUA: We’re back to square one! Great!

ANDREA: Honey, calm down.

JOSHUA: Sorry. I’m just so over this.

JENNIFER: Me too. But, we’ll find another way. Whomever killed our mom and dad isn’t getting off. There will be punishment. They will face judgement day. I will make damn sure of that.

Back at Anderson Manufacturing, in Carter’s Office, Carter and Cynthia sit across from one another on the chairs in front of Carter’s desk.

CYNTHIA: We’ll both be out of the job soon.

CARTER: There’s nothing you can do about that?

CYNTHIA: No. When Michael went into early retirement he had it put in a contract that he could fire the CEO at anytime. He himself could either return. Or, he could appoint a new one.

CARTER: That’s too bad. I’ve been enjoying my time here...with you.

CYNTHIA: Talking like that got us into this mess.

CARTER: You know, when you kissed me, I felt something.

CYNTHIA: (standing) Carter, please.

CARTER: (standing) I’m telling you the truth.

CYNTHIA: And, I’m telling you that I just got caught up in the moment. What I did hurt Michael so badly. And, you hurt Lindsay.

CARTER: First of all, I’m tired of apologizing to the White man for everything. I shouldn’t have to apologize for how I feel. I know I hurt Lindsay. I feel badly about that. But, I don’t feel badly about hurting Michael.

CYNTHIA: I should go. I have a late meeting at five.

Cynthia begins to walk to the door. When she reaches the door, she turns around and looks back over at Carter.

CYNTHIA: Did you really feel something?

CARTER: Hell yes I did.

Cynthia nods, turns around, and walks out the door.
THE PALACE HOTEL - PARKING GARAGE

Ava pulls into a parking spot. She puts her car in park. Before she steps out, she retrieves one of the wedding photos from her purse. She looks at it. She reflects deeply on the state of her marriage through the years. A tear strolls down her cheek and she wipes it away. She puts the photo back into her purse. She collects her things and steps out of the car, shutting the door. Before she can walk into the hotel, she feels a tap on her shoulder. She turns around and sees Keith.


KEITH: Hey, gorgeous.

Ava lets out a scream. Once she opens her eyes from the scream, there is no sign of Keith. Ava grabs her chest.

AVA: Where the hell did he go?

She looks around.

AVA: He was just here. Where the hell did he go?

The camera zooms in on a frightened, breathless Ava.

***FADE OUT***

***END OF EP. 39***

No comments:

Post a Comment