Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2020

EPISODE #99

There’s Always Tomorrow Wednesday 8/12/19

Episode 99
Time of Day: New Day; Morning

At Mimi’s Cafe, Taylor is standing at the front counter, ordering a beverage. As she does so, Michael enters the establishment.

BARISTA: Can I get a name on your order, miss?


TAYLOR: Whitmore.

The Barista smiles and writes the name on the cup. A curious Michael follows Taylor as she goes over to a table and sets her purse down.

Clayton Norcross | Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki | Fandom
MICHAEL: Excuse me, did you just say Whitmore for your order?

TAYLOR: (turning around) Yes. Who are you to ask?

MICHAEL: I’m Michael Anderson. I know the Whitmore family very well. I’ve known them all my life in fact. But, I don’t recognize you at all.

TAYLOR: That’s because I’ve lived in California my whole life. Quentin never believed in introducing me to anyone in Thorne Hill. He wanted to keep up the whole ‘I needed to get away’ act.

MICHAEL: I see. So, are you telling me you’re connected to Quentin?

TAYLOR: Well, duh. Keep up, Mr. Anderson. I’m his wife.

BARISTA: (calling out) Order for Whitmore!

Taylor walks off. A shocked Michael looks on.

At The Grape Escape, in the Executive Office, Melissa comes around from her desk and walks over to a small filing cabinet. She opens the second drawer and goes through some of the files. She picks one up, opens it, nods, and goes back over to her desk. Before she can sit down, there’s a knock at the door.

Image result for Mishael Morgan
MELISSA: (turning around/calling out) Come in!

Jamal enters.

MELISSA: Hey, brother.

Image result for Cornelius Smith Jr.
JAMAL: Hey, sis.

Jamal shuts the door and goes to Melissa.

JAMAL: Nice nameplate on the door. Chief Financial Officer. Very nice.

MELISSA: Yes, well, I worked very hard for that position. Thomas had me in mind for it way before we even thought about a flirtation.

JAMAL: I didn’t say a word. I’m very proud of you. Mom and dad would be too.

MELISSA: You think?

JAMAL: Oh yeah. Definitely. You are doing the most, sis. Before you know it, you’ll be in the top tier of this town.

MELISSA: Damn right.

At Anderson Manufacturing, in the CEO Office, Kimberly is over by the bar cart. She is pouring herself a cup of coffee. As she turns around and takes a sip, there’s a knock at the door. As she goes to the door, she sets her mug down on the desk. She then opens the door.

Image result for eileen davidson"
KIMBERLY: Well, hello, you.


QUENTIN: Hi.

Quentin kisses Kimberly.

QUENTIN: You got a sec?

KIMBERLY: For you? Always. Come on in.

Kimberly steps aside and Quentin enters the office. Kimberly then shuts the door, turns around, and walks over to Quentin.

KIMBERLY: Can I get you anything? My assistant just sent up a fresh pot of coffee. And, I’ve got cream and sugar. I know how you like it.

QUENTIN: No thank you.

KIMBERLY: Okay. So, what brings you by?

QUENTIN: I needed to see you right away. I have a little situation that I’m involved in. You mean a lot to me, Kimberly. That’s why I wanted to let you know firsthand what’s going on, before anything gets twisted.

KIMBERLY: Quentin, I don’t understand. What’s going on?

QUENTIN: As you know, I lived in California for five years. And, in those five years, I met someone by the name of Taylor Williams. Taylor showed up on my doorstep last night.

KIMBERLY: Okay. Whatever. Fine. Some old girlfriend shows up on your doorstep. Doesn’t phase me one bit. If she wanted to see you, then that’s fine. I’m not really the jealous and insecure type. I think that has always made women look rather weak.

QUENTIN: Kimberly, listen to me. She was more than an ex-girlfriend to me. Additionally, she wasn’t coming up here for just a visit. You see, Taylor and I were married. And, we’re still married. Taylor tracked me down to talk about our divorce.

After a short pause, Kimberly slaps Quentin.

At JJ's Boutique, Jennifer is unpacking boxes. She has just opened up a new space. As she puts a crystal vase on top of the front counter, Andrea enters the establishment. She smiles as she looks around and goes to Jennifer.

Image result for Andrea Bowen
ANDREA: Jenn, this place is absolutely gorgeous.

Image result for Paige Hurd
JENNIFER: Hey! What are you doing out and about?

Jennifer hugs Andrea.

ANDREA: (coming off hug) I was just dying to see your very first non-online store. I can’t believe that everything is coming together so nicely for you.

JENNIFER: It really is. You know, I planned to do this long before I went into that coma. If only I hadn’t taken that bad fall.

ANDREA: Jennifer, stop.

JENNIFER: Pardon?

ANDREA: I know that the coma slowed your plans for expansion of your business. However, you don’t have to hide the real reason that you went into that coma from me. I know exactly why you did. I know what happened that fateful night. Joshua told me everything. You don’t have to hide anymore.

Back at The Grape Escape, in the Executive Office, Melissa and Jamal are sitting across from one another at the office’s personal conference table.

JAMAL: And, you get a view of the whole city. Is there any perk that you aren’t getting from having this job at this company?

MELISSA: Company car. But, my Mercedes will do just fine.

JAMAL: True. I remember how overjoyed you were when mom and dad bought you that car. It was one hell of a birthday present.

MELISSA: Well, you’re right about that. Turning 30 was worth it.

JAMAL: True.

MELISSA: So, tell me more about this plan for the expansion of our family’s company. I don’t want to get in the way of your conflict with my new father-in-law. That is why I want to throw you a word of caution.

JAMAL: What do you mean?

MELISSA: Michael has made some racist comments about our family before. He has apologized profusely. But, I just want to make sure you know who you’re getting involved with. I feel as though, if you go after him, he’ll smear your reputation from this way to Sunday.

JAMAL: First off, I’m not scared of some racist ass. Michael may have good whiskey, but he clearly doesn’t have a sense of good business. I get it. He built one of the biggest companies in the country from scratch. However, I’ve taken our family’s luxury furniture store out of the basement and rebooted it completely. Also, with my business partner coming to town very soon, it’ll all be set in my favor.

MELISSA: Business partner? Who is working with you on this project?

Before Jamal can say anything, his phone begins to ring. He retrieves it from the breast pocket of his suit jacket.

JAMAL: (standing) Speaking of business partner, excuse me.

Jamal walks away a few steps and answers the call.

JAMAL: (on the phone) Sam, how the hell are ‘ya?

Image result for Jeff Branson
SAMUEL: (over the phone) I’m good, J. I want you to know that I booked my flight to Thorne Hill and signed the lease on my apartment today.

JAMAL: (on the phone) Very nice. Let me know when you officially get here. We need to start work on this expansion project ASAP. As of last night, I came to find out that we have a competitor. I don’t want them getting in the way.

SAMUEL: (over the phone) No problem. I completely understand. Listen, I better get off of here and finish looking over some projections. I’ll send you my analysis after I’m finished.

JAMAL: (on the phone) Thank you. Bye, Sam.

Jamal hangs up his phone and turns around. Melissa stands.

MELISSA: I can’t believe you. You picked Samuel of all people to be your business partner? You know that man is a snake.

JAMAL: Yeah, well that snake has made our family millions.

MELISSA: How long has he been working for our family’s company?

JAMAL: A long time. And, if he helps me close this deal, he’ll be working for our family for even longer. He’s smart and he’s an incredible asset.

MELISSA: Just be careful with what sharks you decide to swim with. I wouldn’t want you to get bit unexpectedly, brother.

At JJ’s Boutique, Jennifer is standing by the main counter, putting a dozen roses into the crystal vase on top of the counter.

ANDREA: Jenn, if you need to talk, I’m here.

JENNIFER: All I’ve done since I’ve gotten out of my coma, is talk about it. To Philip. To Joshua. The people who knew at first. Hell, I haven’t even been looking for Vargas.

ANDREA: Vargas? Who’s that?

JENNIFER: I guess Joshua didn’t tell you about that. Vargas was Judith and Stuart’s old bodyguard slash hit man. He is the one who led me to find out the truth.

ANDREA: Oh. Why haven’t you looked for him?

JENNIFER: Because, I’m trying to move on. Everyone who knows the truth is trying to move on. I don’t mean to be rude, Andrea, but please, just move on as well. Don’t make this out to be some big deal. I beg of you.

Back at Mimi’s Cafe, Taylor is standing over by the coffee counter. She is pouring sugar into her latte and stirring it. Michael comes from the front counter, carrying a cup of black coffee. He sits it down and begins to pour creamer into it.

TAYLOR: Can I help you?

MICHAEL: I’m just someone pouring creamer into their coffee.

TAYLOR: Seems like more than that is going on right now. I think that you want to know all the details of Quentin and I’s relationship.

MICHAEL: To tell you the truth, I would love nothing more than that. Tell me, are you back here in town to reclaim your man?

TAYLOR: Something like that. You see, Quentin up and left me while I was at a bridal expo. I’m a wedding planner and I was gone for about a week to further the success of my business. By the time I went back to California, my home was sold and I had an EMail from his lawyer. Divorce papers.

MICHAEL: Damn. That’s rough. I’m sorry.

TAYLOR: Thanks.

MICHAEL: Can I tell you something?

TAYLOR: Go ahead.

MICHAEL: I think Quentin is making a fool of himself. He’s dropping you for my sister. Yet, you seem like a walk in the park. He should’ve stayed with you in sunny California.

TAYLOR: Whoa. Wait. You’re that Michael Anderson? Your sister is Kimberly?

MICHAEL: That’s right. I went to high school with another Michael Anderson. But, I’m not him of course. He’s some loser on Wall Street in New York City.

TAYLOR: I see. Very interesting.

MICHAEL: What do you say we sit down together.

TAYLOR: Sure.

Taylor and Michael walk over to a table and sit.

Back at Anderson Manufacturing, in the CEO Office, Quentin rubs his cheek.

QUENTIN: I guess that I deserved that.

KIMBERLY: That and so much more. How could you do this to me, Quentin? Why do you continue to keep secrets from me? I thought you were cheating on me with that one woman you revealed to me to be a business associate. We got past that misunderstanding. But, there’s no getting past this.

QUENTIN: What are you saying, Kimberly?

Kimberly walks over to her office door and opens it.

KIMBERLY: I’m saying that a misunderstanding, I can forgive. However, you being married still, regardless of trying to get a divorce, I cannot. Quentin, this is it. We’re done. Get out of my office right now and don’t call me.

After a pause, Quentin walks to the door.

QUENTIN: Goodbye. For now.

Quentin walks off. Kimberly shuts the door and takes a deep breath. The camera zooms in on her, she is clearly disheartened.
END OF EPISODE 99

No comments:

Post a Comment