Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

EPISODE #97

There’s Always Tomorrow Friday 8/7/19

Episode 97
Time of Day: Same Day; Night

At The Grand Piano, in the Dining Area, Mimi walks up to the main counter of the establishment. A Waiter is standing at the counter.

Image result for Kelli Goss
MIMI: Hi, I’m here to pick up the order for Andrews-Whitmore.

The Man nods and walks off. As Mimi gets out her wallet to pay for the order, Veronica is seen sitting at a table having dinner. She notices Mimi, smiles, and goes to her.

Related image
VERONICA: Hey, you!

MIMI: (turning around) Hey, what are you doing here?

VERONICA: I was just here grabbing a bite and going over a file that my new job sent me. You know me, always prepared.

MIMI: Very much so. Did you quit The Grape Escape?

VERONICA: I did. I know you and Lindsay are best friends, so just know that I have nothing bad to say about her when it came to being her assistant. It was just time to explore other career opportunities.

MIMI: No, I get it. It’s fine.

VERONICA: Anyway, are you here to pick up some food?

MIMI: Yeah.

VERONICA: Very cool. Before you leave though, I’d love to talk.

MIMI: About what?

VERONICA: My mother.

At Quentin’s Home, in the Entryway, Taylor is still standing at the door.


TAYLOR: Well, aren’t you going to invite your wife in?


QUENTIN: Why should I?

TAYLOR: Come on, Quent. I was gone for two months to a business retreat to further the success of my wedding planning company. Then, by the time I’m ready to come home, I get word that you sell our California mansion and that you’ve moved back to your home town. Then, I get divorce papers via EMail.

QUENTIN: I needed a fresh start.

TAYLOR: Really? Is that all it is?

QUENTIN: Yes.

TAYLOR: Well, I don’t believe you. Quentin, something tells me that there’s somebody else, and that there has been for quite some time. So, where is she? Who is she? Who is the woman that you replaced me with?

On the Whitmore Private Island, in the Main House, Judith and Stuart are lounging on the couch. They are both drinking margaritas.

Image result for Crystal Chappell"
JUDITH: This has been some honeymoon.


STUART: I guess you could say that.

JUDITH: Stuart, I know that you’ve been holding back on this whole ‘talking’ thing, but I really think we should. You see, there’s a lot waiting for us when we get back home. The arrest of the Norita family. The Jackson family. Our children.

STUART: I know. Judith, to be quite honest with you, I think we shouldn’t leave here. We could continue to call this island home.

JUDITH: If we do that, it’d be a very bad decision.

At Carter’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Cynthia enters from the guest bedroom. She is wearing a silk wrap dress and a pair of black pumps. She is putting a pair of gold drop earrings on, when she hears the door open to the apartment. As Cynthia puts her second earring on, Carter enters the room.

Related image
CYNTHIA: Hey, you.

Related image
CARTER: (sighs) Hey.

Carter sets his wallet and cellphone on the coffee table.

CARTER: What are you all dressed up for?

CYNTHIA: I was going to have a nice, quiet dinner at The Painted Dock. You can join me if you’d like. I’ll even buy this time, since you’re letting me crash here.

CARTER: I’m fine. But, thanks for the offer.

CYNTHIA: Carter? Is something wrong? You don’t look yourself right now.

CARTER: I’ve just had a rough day.

CYNTHIA: Why is that?

CARTER: (sighs) Cynthia, on my way home, I was trying to find a good way to tell you what I need to tell you. I’m just not sure how to come out and say this.

CYNTHIA: Carter, you’re scaring me. Just come out and say whatever you have to say. What’s going on? What happened to you today?

CARTER: Cynthia, in all honesty, I may be getting back together with Lindsay.

Back at The Grand Piano, in the Dining Area, Mimi is handed a to-go bag by a Waiter. She smiles and then she and Veronica walk over to Veronica’s table.

MIMI: I already forgave you for not being involved in your mother’s scheme of planting rats in my home to try and make it look like Amy and I have an unfit living space.

VERONICA: I still feel so guilty about that.

MIMI: There’s no need to, really.

VERONICA: You know that she can be a loose cannon.

MIMI: Yes, most certainly.

VERONICA: And, there’s something that you should know about her.

MIMI: Oh yeah? What’s that?

VERONICA: She moved back to Minnesota.

MIMI: (shocked) What?

VERONICA: Yeah. I scolded her for what she did to you and Amy. And, because of that, she decided to pack her bags and go back home.

MIMI: What about her house? I thought she sold it.

VERONICA: She did. But, she bought a really nice apartment.

MIMI: Good for her. Hopefully, there are no rats in that one.

VERONICA: Fingers crossed. You can tell Amy, if you’d like. I know that she’ll probably be happy to hear the news of my mother leaving.

MIMI: I’m not gonna lie, she probably will be. Look, I best get these leftovers back to my home for Amy and I. I wouldn’t want them to get cold.

VERONICA: Of course. Have a good night, Mimi.

MIMI: You too. Bye, Veronica.

VERONICA: Bye.

Mimi walks off. Veronica smiles on at her.

Back at Quentin’s Home, in the Living Room, Quentin and Taylor enter the room, having come from where they were in the Entryway.

QUENTIN: Divorcing you and moving back out here to Thorne Hill wasn’t because of some woman. I was gone for five years, Taylor. It was time that I reconnected with my family. Hell, I wasn’t even here for when my brother needed me most. He had a heart attack. He had a heart transplant. He went through a divorce. Though he and Judith are married again now, their future was so uncertain when I arrived in town.

TAYLOR: Quentin, how does that warrant a divorce? I could’ve come to Thorne Hill with you. I would’ve moved here with you.

QUENTIN: Taylor, we have been growing apart for quite awhile now. There was no saving our marriage. Both of us have always loved our careers more.

TAYLOR: So? If you’re feeling distant in a marriage, you don’t just up and leave. You work through those problems. You fight for love.

QUENTIN: Is that why you haven’t signed the papers yet?

TAYLOR: Exactly.

QUENTIN: I wish you would. After all, I’m being very generous. I’m giving you half of everything. Considering how rich we both are, there should’ve been a prenup involved. However, I’m showing you enough love in there not being one.

TAYLOR: Oh boy, let’s give you a round of applause for your love and generosity. I’m not making you a medal for that. I can survive without your Whitmore money, Quent.

QUENTIN: Taylor, why don’t you just go back to California and sign the papers? That way, we can both move on with our lives? It’s in both our best interests.

TAYLOR: Quentin, I still love you. And, I would like to make things work between us. That is why I am here in Thorne Hill. That is why I showed up on your doorstep today. I’m here to fight for you. I’m glad that you assured me that there isn’t anyone else. That’ll make this fight a little bit easier.

QUENTIN: I didn’t assure you of anything.

TAYLOR: What do you mean? You said you didn’t move back out here for another woman. Forgive me, but I’m a little confused.

QUENTIN: You’re right. I didn’t move out here for another woman. But, that doesn’t mean that I haven’t already found someone else to move on with.

TAYLOR: Wow. Okay then. Wow. That’s like a knife to the heart. What’s her name?

QUENTIN: Kimberly. Kimberly Anderson. She’s a very succesful businesswoman.

TAYLOR: I guess that means that you have a type. You know, women who can make their own money, so that way, when you eventually leave them in the dust, they won’t be aching to make a living.

QUENTIN: Taylor, I’m sorry.

TAYLOR: No, you’re not. But, that’s okay. I’m glad that you’ve found someone else. Just know that she can never be me. That’s why I’ll keep fighting for us.

QUENTIN: What we have is dead. I will always love you. But…

TAYLOR: There is no ‘but’ to it, Quent. I know that you still love me enough to want to make this marriage work. That Kimberly chick is nothing to you. You are my everything. I am your everything. We can realize that in time. That’s all we need...time. Look, I’ve cleared my calendar when it comes to work. And, I’m staying at The Palace Hotel.

Taylor gets closer to Quentin and kisses him on the cheek.

TAYLOR: We’ll have plenty of time to reconnect and get to know each other all over again. I promise you that you will see that our marriage is still a top priority. But, for now, I think I should go to my room at that hotel and unpack. I’ll see you later.

Taylor smiles and walks off. Upon hearing the door shut, Quentin takes a deep breath.

Back at Carter’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Cynthia is looking out the window at the beautiful skyline in front of her. Carter takes a deep breath.

CARTER: Cynthia…?

CYNTHIA: (turning around) I don’t know what to say.

CARTER: I wish you would say something.
Cynthia walks over to Carter.

CYNTHIA: Is this what you really want? And, do you want to be in the baby’s life that badly? Carter, are you willing to sacrifice everything we went through? I was served with divorce papers for God sakes! I had a physical fight with Lindsay too!

CARTER: Whoa! You had a physical altercation with a pregnant woman?

CYNTHIA: Calm down. She’s fine. I just slapped her once or twice. It’s not like I wrestled her to the floor. Besides, she can take it. And, that’s not the point of this discussion. I gave up everything for you, Carter. You said you loved me.

CARTER: I do love you, Cynthia!

CYNTHIA: Really? You know what, this just shows me one thing. I have nobody but myself. My husband has thrown me out because of what I did. You are leaving me to go be with Lindsay and your baby. No one cares about me.

CARTER: That’s not it at all.

CYNTHIA: No, it is. Don’t worry, I’ll cancel my dinner plans and I’ll go start packing. I’ll be out of here before you know it.

Cynthia walks off to the guest bedroom. Carter looks on.

Back on the Whitmore Private Island, in the Main House, Judith and Stuart are packing some suitcases in the bedroom.

JUDITH: Thank you for seeing things my way and agreeing to go back home. The quicker we pack up, go back to Thorne Hill, and face our problems, the better things will start to be for us. You’ll see.

STUART: I hope you’re right about this.

JUDITH: Of course I’m right about this.

STUART: Do you think anyone will be on our side?

JUDITH: We won’t know until we see, darling.

STUART: True. Look, I’m gonna go downstairs and pack up the bathroom products. Let me know when you’re ready to bring this stuff downstairs.

JUDITH: Okay.

Stuart goes to Judith and kisses her.

STUART: I love you.

JUDITH: I love you too.

Stuart walks out of the bedroom. Seconds later, Judith zips up a suitcase. She then goes to the bedroom closet and stands on her tiptoes. She grabs a lock box that is behind some clothes and decorations. She brings the box over to the bed, sets it down, flips it over, and grabs the key. She then unlocks it.

JUDITH: (sighs) I better get rid of this stuff before we leave. It may be the last time that I get the chance to come back to this island.

Judith opens the box. Inside is a photo of her and Michael. It is apparent that it is from the early 1980s. They are on a vacation and in swimsuits. Judith sniifs, trying to hold back tears. She sets the photo of her and Michael aside. She then picks up a photo of a sonogram.

JUDITH: Oh, darling. Oh, I wish I could see what you looked like now. I’m so sorry that I had to give you up. I think about you everytime I come here to this place. Forgive me.

Judith holds the sonogram close and begins to cry. The camera zooms in on her.
END OF EPISODE 97

No comments:

Post a Comment