Pages

Monday, July 9, 2018

EPISODE #8

EPISODE 8


Created By: Casey Hutchison
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Casey Hutchison

SAME DAY. NIGHT.
WHITMORE MANSION - DINING ROOM
Related image

Stuart is standing in the dining room. He is drinking a glass of water. The table is set with fine china. Then, Judith enters the dining room.

Image result for Marcia Gay Harden
JUDITH: Hello, darling.

Image result for matthew ashford
STUART: Hello. You look absolutely stunning.

JUDITH: Why thank you. You don’t look so bad yourself. Anyway, Amy said she would be here soon. Unfortunately, Mimi isn’t able to come with her. She’s meeting with a cake decorator to discuss some last minute details.

STUART: Oh. That’s quite the bummer. Is Philip almost back from The Grand Piano?

JUDITH: Yes. He would’ve been back a couple of minutes ago, but he got halfway out the door and discovered that the staff had handed him the wrong bottle of wine.

STUART: Are you telling me that we have a couple of minutes alone?

JUDITH: Yes, we do. However, I am going to use these minutes to ask you a question.

STUART: What a shame. What is this question?

JUDITH: What is the point of this dinner?
JACKSON FAMILY HOME - LIVING ROOM
Image result for simple living room with fireplace

Jennifer is looking out the window. She is drinking a cup of tea. Joshua enters.

Related image
JOSHUA: Hey, sis.

Image result for Paige Hurd
JENNIFER: (turning around/going to him) Oh my gosh, I am so glad you are finally home. We have so much to discuss.

JOSHUA: I bet we do.

JENNIFER: I don’t even know where to begin. I guess I will start by telling you who stopped by the house today.

JOSHUA: Okay. Who?

JENNIFER: Philip.

JOSHUA: Why the hell was he here?

JENNIFER: He wants to help us with the investigation.

JOSHUA: Please tell me you said ‘no’ to his offer.

JENNIFER: I did...at first. But, after he left, I got to thinking about his offer. Josh, I think it might be a good idea to take him up on it.

JOSHUA: Can I ask you a question?

JENNIFER: Sure.

JOSHUA: Are you insane?
PARK - PRIVATE AREA
Related image

Lindsay is pacing back and forth around the private area in the park. She also has her cellphone in hand. Then, Thomas walks up to her.

Image result for Julie Marie Berman
LINDSAY: It is about time you arrived. I was beginning to think that you were not going to show up here tonight. Which would’ve sucked.

Image result for blake hood
THOMAS: I was on a date.

LINDSAY: Yeah. I know. You’re trying to romance that Becky Campbell girl. You told me. But, right now, we’ve got bigger fish to fry.

THOMAS: Yeah. I was filled in. For what it’s worth, I’m sorry you got fired.

LINDSAY: Yeah. Me too. But, I don’t want to dwell on dad letting me go from the family business. All I want to think about is getting my revenge.

THOMAS: On Cynthia?

LINDSAY: Bingo.

THOMAS: But, why? She’s not the one who let you go.

LINDSAY: Don’t you understand? Thomas, if it wasn’t for her, dad would’ve never let me go from the company. She put that idea in his head. She is the one who has wrecked everything. And, I’m not gonna let her get away with it!
WHITMORE MANSION - FOYER
Related image

Judith and Stuart walk into the foyer.

STUART: Why can’t I just call our family together for a dinner? Why do you think that there’s an ulterior motive to this evening?

JUDITH: Stuart, I know you. You like to gather this family to share big news. You’ve always acted this way. Plus, we are a little strapped for cash lately. And, you are spending money on imported desserts and steaks. You wouldn’t just spend money like that right now just because. Honey, what’s going on?

STUART: I…

Then, there is a knock at the door.

STUART: Well, I guess I better get that.

Stuart walks over to the door. Judith looks on at him. She is obviously frustrated by Stuart not telling her what the dinner is really about.

Back at the Jackson Family Home, in the Living Room, Jennifer sets her cup of tea down on the desk.

JENNIFER: Are you kidding me right now? What kind of question is that? You can’t blame me for wanting someone else’s help for an investigation that has gotten us nowhere.

JOSHUA: Our PI found that strand of hair.

JENNIFER: Which ended up leading us back to square one.

JOSHUA: Here’s what I don’t get. I don’t understand why you are all of the sudden going to believe Philip. Why are you having this sudden change of heart.

JENNIFER: Because, he didn’t murder anyone.

JOSHUA: How can you be so sure?

JENNIFER: Joshua, I’ve been with him for almost a year now. I know him. I know the kind of person he is. And, I know that in my heart, he would never do something this ugly and cruel.

JOSHUA: Okay. Fine. I see your point. Anyway, you’ve answered my first question. But, I have another one that I’d like to be answered.

JENNIFER: Okay. Go ahead. Can’t wait to hear it.

JOSHUA: Do you still love Philip?

Back in the Park, in the Private Area, Lindsay puts her phone back into her purse. She then turns around to face Thomas.

THOMAS: Linds, I don’t know if it is such a good idea for you to move forward with this revenge plan of your’s.

LINDSAY: Please, don’t back out on me now, Thomas. You are the only lifeline that I have left. I don’t know if I could take you backing out on me.

THOMAS: I just feel as though it’d be wise for you to look at every part of Cynthia’s manipulative ways before diving head first into something. I just want you to be smart about this.

LINDSAY: I don’t know if we have time for that. We have to act fast. I know that you don’t know this piece of info yet. But, maybe you should.

THOMAS: What piece of info?

LINDSAY: Dad gave me till the end of the week at the company. But, Cynthia and I got into it earlier today. And, my emotions got the best of me.

THOMAS: Lindsay, spit it out.

LINDSAY: I couldn’t take it anymore, Thomas. I decided that today would be my last day. I left. I’m done.

THOMAS: You did what?!

LINDSAY: I know! I know. Anyway, with me leaving earlier than expected, this means that Cynthia is free to take over as early as tomorrow morning.

THOMAS: Lindsay, I thought you loved that company.

LINDSAY: I do. I really do. But, I cannot do another week there knowing that it will be my last. I cannot finish out a whole week knowing that, that bitch is going to sink her claws into the company as soon as she gets behind that desk.

THOMAS: Okay.

LINDSAY: Okay, what?

THOMAS: I’ll continue to help you.

LINDSAY: Really?

THOMAS: Yeah. Anyway, what’s your new plan of action?

LINDSAY: I thought you’d never ask.

Back at the Jackson Family Home, in the Living Room, Jennifer walks closer to Joshua. Joshua loosens his tie.

JENNIFER: You’re really asking the loaded questions tonight.

JOSHUA: You wanna know how I look at this whole situation?

JENNIFER: With or without my permission, I feel like you are going to tell me anyway. So, go right ahead.

JOSHUA: If you still loved Philip the way you did before the secret came out, then I feel as though you would’ve came out and said ‘I love Philip Whitmore with the passion of a thousand burning suns.’ But, when I asked you the question I just did, you avoided answering.

JENNIFER: Love is a complicated thing, brother.

JOSHUA: It is. But, whether you love a person or not is not the complicated part of love. At least in my opinion.

JENNIFER: Joshua, I have a lot of emotions going through my mind at the moment. I don’t know how I should feel towards Philip. I love him and I hate him. I love him for loving me. I love him for being a great boyfriend. But, I hate him for keeping a huge secret from me. I hate him for leading me to believe that he might be the one who killed our parents. Now that I’ve poured my feelings out to you, don’t you understand more of what I’m going through?

JOSHUA: I do. Jenn, we are together in this no matter what. We both are here for this whole thing for the long run. I’ve got your back. You’ve got mine.

JENNIFER: (sighs) Look, I better get some sleep. I’ve got a busy day tomorrow. Plus, I want to look well rested for my meeting with Laura Hughes.

JOSHUA: Good luck with that.

JENNIFER: Thanks.

Jennifer begins to walk off.

JOSHUA: Jenn, wait.

JENNIFER: (turning around) Yes?

JOSHUA: There’s something that I need to tell you.

JENNIFER: What is it?

JOSHUA: I love you, sis.

JENNIFER: I love you too. Goodnight.

JOSHUA: Night.

Jennifer walks off.

JOSHUA: Well, I better get to bed too.

Joshua walks off.

Back in the Park, in the Private Area, Lindsay has turned her back from Thomas. She lets out a sigh and turns around.

LINDSAY: You know, Cynthia and dad are having a destination date on the private jet. They won’t be back till tomorrow morning.

THOMAS: Okay. So, what are we gonna do?

LINDSAY: We’re going to investigate. I plan to go into her and dad’s room and look through everything. That includes dad’s things too.

THOMAS: Why his things?

LINDSAY: Because, I know Cynthia. She is smart enough to know to hide things creatively, so unwanted people won’t find them.

THOMAS: Good point.

LINDSAY: Thomas, I want you to know that I am very happy that I have you on my side in this whole thing.

THOMAS: I’ll do what I can.

LINDSAY: Now, dad and Cynthia have the biggest room in all of the house. Therefore, it might take us a little bit to examine the whole room.

THOMAS: I know.

LINDSAY: Good. Are you prepared for this.

THOMAS: I want to save this family.

LINDSAY: I know you do.

THOMAS: (sighs) We better get going.

LINDSAY: You’re right. We’re on borrowed time.

THOMAS: Let’s hope this doesn’t backfire on us.

LINDSAY: We’ll see what happens.

Back at the Whitmore Mansion, in the Dining Room, Amy, Philip, Judith, and Stuart are all in the middle of their family dinner.

STUART: I’m so glad that all of us could make it tonight.

Related image
AMY: Me too. It has been so long since we’ve done the family dinner thing. Thank god it all aligned for us to be together tonight.

Image result for Robert Adamson
PHILIP: I completely agree. Mom, is everything okay?

JUDITH: Oh, yes, everything’s fine. What are you referring to?

PHILIP: You just seem quiet tonight.

JUDITH: I assure you that I’m fine.

PHILIP: Okay.

STUART: You know, I have to say that it’s great to have the family all in one room. It gives me time to tell all of you some news.

JUDITH: Honey, are you sure that now is a good time?

STUART: Now’s the perfect time.

AMY: Care to share with Philip and I what’s going on?

PHILIP: Yeah. What’s going on?

STUART: (standing) Um…, as all of you know, I’ve been having some issues lately with my blood pressure. Today, I got some news. I was called to the hospital by my personal doctor. She informed me that my medical issues go way beyond hypertension. They are a lot more serious.

AMY: What’s going on with you?

STUART: I have what’s called Congestive Heart Failure.

PHILIP: What?

JUDITH: (taken aback) That’s what’s going on with you?

STUART: Now, now, now, don’t overreact. Everything will be just fine. It is just that my life is going to be altered in major ways in the coming months.

AMY: Altered how?

STUART: I’ll have to take more medications. I’ll have to alter my diet. And, I’ll even have to start exercising more.

PHILIP: Well, those seem like little things.

STUART: That’s why I told you there was nothing to worry about.

JUDITH: What else aren’t you telling us?

STUART: I have told you and the children everything.

JUDITH: No. You haven’t.

AMY: Is that true, dad? Have you not told us everything? What else is going on with you where this whole thing is concerned?

PHILIP: Dad, we care about you. If something more is happening with this new condition of your’s, we need to know about it.

STUART: I just don’t want to worry any of you.

JUDITH: Stuart…, tell us. Now.

STUART: (deep breath) My doctor suggested a surgery down the line. This surgery is quite risky. It involves surgeons taking the good parts of my heart and somehow putting some of those good parts over the bad parts.

PHILIP: So, they’re doing a graft on your heart?

STUART: Basically.

JUDITH: Stuart, that seems too risky.

STUART: Well, this surgery might be the only way to save my life if things get too bad. So, I’ll take my chances.

AMY: Can I ask a question?

STUART: Certainly.

AMY: Are you going to pass away?

STUART: I’m not going to let it.

PHILIP: Um…, Amy, I think we should give mom and dad a moment alone to talk. Let’s go in the foyer.

JUDITH: Darling, if you don’t mind. Thank you.

Philip and Amy stand from the table. The two walk out of the room. Judith then stands from the table.

JUDITH: Do you think that children are going to be alright?

STUART: I think they will be in time. This news is a lot for them to process at the moment. They need to take time to breathe.

JUDITH: I think we all need one. Especially you. I can’t imagine how hard this news has been to digest.

STUART: It has been hard. But, I’ll be fine. Don’t worry about me. I just want you to concentrate on yourself and the children.

JUDITH: Honey, it’s too late for that. I’m always going to be worrying about you. I’ve chosen to honor my vows when it comes to the sickness and health part.

STUART: You’re too good to me. I love you.

JUDITH: I love you too. Um…, should we go out to the foyer?

STUART: Sounds like a plan.

JUDITH: Good.

STUART: But, before we do, there’s something I must do first.

JUDITH: What do you mean?

Stuart then kisses Judith.

STUART: (coming off the kiss) Now we can go.

Judith smiles. She and Stuart then join hands and walk out of the dinging room. The camera follows them as they walk out.

Back at the Jackson Family Home, Jennifer comes down the stairs. She then enters the living room. She is dressed in her pajamas. Over her pajamas, she is wearing a silk robe. She walks over to the fireplace. She looks at the picture of her parents.

JENNIFER: I’m one step closer to discovering who took both of your lives. I just need more time. (sighs) Goodnight mom and dad.

Jennifer begins to turn off the two lamps that sit on top of the fireplace mantle. She then walks over to the doorway of the living room. She shuts off the over head lights. Jennifer then goes back up the stairs.

Then, a Mystery Person enters the darkened house. The Mystery Person walks into the living room. They then go over to the desk and start searching through it. The Mystery Person finds a notebook. They open the notebook. Inside of the notebook is a page labeled INVESTIGATION NOTES. The page details everything Jennifer and Joshua have learned about the murder of their parents. The Mystery Person takes the notebook and shuts the drawer.

They then go to the fireplace. Then, they pick up the photo of the Jackson parents and smash it against the fireplace. The camera goes to the Mystery Person’s mouth and we see the person smile. They then walk out of the home.

As soon as the door slams, Jennifer and Joshua come down the stairs. The two hurry into the living room. Jennifer turns on the lights.

JENNIFER: What was that?!

Jennifer notices the smashed photo and goes to it.

JENNIFER: (picking up the photo) Oh my god.

JOSHUA: (going to her) What the hell?

JENNIFER: Who did this?

JOSHUA: I don’t know.

JENNIFER: Could it have been someone who possibly knows something about the night our parents died in that wreck?

JOSHUA: Maybe. Should we call the police.

JENNIFER: No. They’ve never helped us before. What makes you think they’ll start helping us now? (standing) Let’s just clean up this mess.

JOSHUA: I’ll get the broom.

Joshua is about to walk out of the room when Jennifer stops him.

JENNIFER: Joshua…, wait.

JOSHUA: What is it?

JENNIFER: Now do you see why I was considering taking Philip up on his offer to help us investigate the murder?

JOSHUA: Yeah.

JENNIFER: Good.

Joshua exits the room.

JENNIFER: Why do bad things keep happening? Why?

The camera zooms in on Jennifer. She is obviously frustrated and a tad angry. She lets out a deep breath.

***FADE OUT*** ***END OF EP. 8***

No comments:

Post a Comment