Pages

Friday, July 20, 2018

EPISODE #13

EPISODE 13


Created By: Casey Hutchison
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Casey Hutchison

NEW DAY. MORNING.
JACKSON FAMILY HOME - LIVING ROOM
Image result for simple living room with fireplace

Jennifer is sitting on the couch. Her laptop is sitting on her lap. It is open, and she is typing an email to Laura Hughes. The email contents is about Jennifer thanking Laura for letting her carry her line exclusively. Then, Andrea enters.

Image result for ANdrea Bowen
ANDREA: Good morning.

Image result for Paige Hurd
JENNIFER: Hey.

ANDREA: What are you up to?

JENNIFER: I’m just sending an email to Laura Hughes. I am thanking her for letting me carry her line.

ANDREA: You really closed the deal?

JENNIFER: You bet.

Jennifer closes her laptop. Andrea sits down.

ANDREA: Congratulations.

JENNIFER: You should be congratulating yourself. After all, without you, me closing this deal wouldn’t have been possible.

ANDREA: It was my pleasure to help.
Then, Jennifer’s phone makes a dinging sound. Jennifer picks up the phone from the coffee table and stares at it.

ANDREA: Everything okay?

JENNIFER: Not really.

ANDREA: What’s going on?

JENNIFER: Well, Philip wants us to go out tonight to discuss the future of our relationship. But, I think I may back out.

ANDREA: Why would you want to back out?

JENNIFER: Because, I’m nervous as hell.
WHITMORE MANSION - LIVING ROOM
Related image

Judith is sitting on the couch. She is drinking a cup of tea. She has a blank stare on her face. She is also quite pale.

Image result for Marcia Gay Harden
JUDITH: (to herself) How the hell am I going to tell Stuart the truth about what happened between Michael and I?

Then, Stuart enters the living room.

Image result for matthew ashford
STUART: Hi, honey. How are you today?

Judith looks over at Stuart. It is made apparent that her heart is beating quickly and that she is very nervous.
COMMUNITY PARK - PRIVATE AREA
Related image

Lindsay is pacing. She lets out a sigh. Then, Cynthia walks up to her.

Image result for Melissa Archer
CYNTHIA: Hello, Lindsay.

Image result for Julie Marie Berman
LINDSAY: Hello. Thanks for coming.

CYNTHIA: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Look, I have a meeting to get to with Austin Dillon’s team. So, if you are going to slap me again, go ahead and do it. Frankly, I do not have time for this.

LINDSAY: I’m not going to slap you. I just need to talk to you. That is it. I just wanna talk to you.

CYNTHIA: About…?

LINDSAY: Well, I know what you did. And, I am giving you a chance to tell me why the hell you did what you did.

CYNTHIA: What are you talking about?

LINDSAY: Really? You don’t have the slightest clue?

CYNTHIA: Lindsay! Come on! I told you that I don’t have time for your games. Just because you are currently unemployed and living off a trust fund, doesn’t mean the rest of us are.

Lindsay lets out a laugh.

CYNTHIA: (frustrated) Lindsay!

LINDSAY: (getting closer to Cynthia) I know your dirty, little secret. I know you killed someone, Cynthia. I just want to know the real story behind your misdeed. Why did you murder a man?

The camera zooms in on Cynthia. She is in absolute shock.
PHILIP’S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM
Related image

Philip enters the living room. He is drinking a cup of coffee. Then, there’s a knock at the door. He goes to the door and opens it.

Image result for Robert Adamson
PHILIP: Joshua.

Related image
JOSHUA: Hey, Philip.

PHILIP: Hey, what are you doing here?

JOSHUA: We need to talk.

PHILIP: Oh. Um…, did Jenn forget to fill you in on…

JOSHUA: I know all about what Greg uncovered. I’m not here to talk about that. I’m not even here to talk about the investigation.

PHILIP: Then, why are you here?

JOSHUA: Because, we need to set some ground rules when it comes to my sister and the future of the relationship you two share.

Back at the Jackson Family Home, in the Living Room, Andrea walks over to the couch and sits next to Jennifer.

ANDREA: You know, I think that you’ve got every right to be nervous.

JENNIFER: Really?

ANDREA: Of course. Why would you think that you don’t have any right to be nervous about discussing the future of your relationship?

JENNIFER: Because, I’ve known Philip for years. I should be very comfortable around him. I shouldn’t be nervous around someone I’ve known since I was in
diapers.

ANDREA: Jennifer, he hid a secret from you. And, it wasn’t your everyday secret. Now, I will give him a point that he didn’t murder your parents. But, he did not tell you that he spent their final moments with them. That is something huge. For the past year, you have been wondering what your parents were like in their final moments. And, all along, he knew.

JENNIFER: Do you think I should go out with him?

ANDREA: I do. I think it is high time you get your true feelings out in the open. It seems like he is the only one doing the talking. It is time that you say what you need to say. But, those are my feelings. Those are not your feelings. So, tell me. How do you feel about this whole thing?

JENNIFER: I think that I should have him over. I think that I should give him a piece of my mind. Privately. I think we have too much baggage to take care of for this whole thing to unravel publicly.

ANDREA: Well, go for it. You got this!
AMY & MIMI’S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM
Related image

Amy and Mimi are sitting on the couch and making lists of things to do before their wedding day arrives.

Related image
AMY: So, how many guests have checked fish for their main course? And, how many have checked chicken for theirs?

Image result for Kelli Goss
MIMI: I’ve got 32 for fish and 28 for chicken.

AMY: Good. Well, I think we’re all set for now. I think we can stop there for the day and take a little time for ourselves.

MIMI: Sounds good to me.

AMY: Hey, is everything okay with you?

MIMI: Yeah. Why do you ask?

AMY: You just seem off.

MIMI: (sighs) It’s for good reason.

AMY: Mimi, what’s going on?

MIMI: I decided that I no longer want a relationship with my parents. And, I’m not gonna try and force them to accept me anymore.

Back at the Whitmore Mansion, in the Living Room, Judith sets her cup of tea down on the table in front of her. She gets up and goes over to Stuart.

JUDITH: How long have you been standing there?

STUART: Not very long.

JUDITH: Oh.

STUART: But, I did think that I heard that you were debating on telling me something. What do you need to tell me.

JUDITH: Nothing. Nothing at all.

STUART: Judith.

JUDITH: (sighs) Fine. I still have issues with you making that deal with Michael to sell him eight of our hotels.

STUART: Do you really think I’m stupid?

JUDITH: Pardon?

STUART: Judith, I know that you have said what you need to say concerning Michael. And, I know damn well that by the look you had on your face, there is something more you have to tell me. So, what do you need to say to me?

Back at the Community Park, in the Private Area, Cynthia sets her purse down on the bench next to Lindsay’s.

LINDSAY: Cat got your tongue?

CYNTHIA: No. Not at all. I’m just shocked at the fact that you’d be stupid enough to take false information from someone. Gosh, you really are determined to bring me down this badly?

LINDSAY: (laughs) False information? This is far from it. In fact, this new information I acquired about you comes from a very reliable source.

CYNTHIA: Who is this supposed reliable source?

LINDSAY: My brother’s girlfriend. Her name is Becky. And, she’s a detective. Thomas got her to run a background check on you. Nothing really popped up. In fact, your past was more clean than the top of Mr. Clean’s head. But, they decided to dig just a little further. That’s when they found out what you’ve been trying to hide all along. Now, Cynthia, I am prepared to go to my father with this information. But, I am giving you one chance to tell me your story.

CYNTHIA: Congratulations, Lindsay.

LINDSAY: On what?

CYNTHIA: For figuring out the truth.

LINDSAY: So, you did murder someone?

CYNTHIA: Yes, I did.

LINDSAY: Wow. What was the guy’s name?

CYNTHIA: Victor Mansfield.

LINDSAY: Why’d you kill him?

CYNTHIA: It’s a long and complicated story.

LINDSAY: Why would you say that?

CYNTHIA: Because, Victor was my uncle.

Back at Amy and Mimi’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Amy scooches closer to Mimi and grabs her hands.

AMY: You’re right. That probably was a very tough choice to make. How are you holding up? Are you okay?

MIMI: Yeah. It actually didn’t hurt as bad as I thought it would. I guess my relationship with them was already too far gone.

AMY: Are you sure this is the right thing to do?

MIMI: I’m afraid it is. I’m ready to move on with my life. I’m ready to not be harshly judged by the ones who supposedly love me anymore. I’m ready to just live and love the way I want to.

AMY: You are so brave. And, I love you so much for that. And, I promise you that we will live the best life possible.

MIMI: Thank you for making such a promise.

AMY: That’s how much you mean to me.

Amy and Mimi lean in and kiss one another.

MIMI: I love you.

AMY: I love you too.

Back at Philip’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Joshua enters the apartment. Philip shuts the door, turns around, and walks over to him. In the process, he sets his cup of coffee down on the coffee table.

PHILIP: Look, if you are here to do the whole macho-brother-thing, then you can go right back over to that door and leave.

JOSHUA: I’m not here to do that. I am here to just tell you how vulnerable my sister is at the moment, Philip.

PHILIP: I already know she is.

JOSHUA: Do you? When we came over here yesterday, I could see that you were starting to suck her back into your orbit. And, I don’t think she is ready for that yet. Not by a long shot.

PHILIP: Then, why did she agree to go out with me tonight?

JOSHUA: She did?

PHILIP: Yeah. She did. Tonight, we are going to discuss our real feelings for one another. And, of course where we stand.

JOSHUA: And, you think she’s ready for that?

PHILIP: She agreed to it. Look, can I tell you something, Joshua? Something I think you need to hear.

JOSHUA: Go for it.

PHILIP: Just back off. And, I mean that in the best way possible. I will take things as slow as Jenn wants to take them. But, in order for us to get our relationship back on track, I need some time with her alone. And, I can’t do that with you in my way. So, will you please just back off?

JOSHUA: Only if you really hear her out. I need for you to listen to everything she’ll say to you tonight. And, I mean…

PHILIP: Josh, everything will be fine. Trust me. I promise you that I will consider Jennifer’s feelings. And, her feelings alone.

JOSHUA: Then, we have a deal.

Back at the Jackson Family Home, in the Living Room, Jennifer walks over to the desk in the room. She picks up the home phone, dials, and puts it to her ear. After a couple of seconds, she begins to speak on Philip’s voicemail.

JENNIFER: (on the phone) Hey. It’s me. Look, I am going to change the plans that we had set up for tonight. Why don’t you come over here? We’ll open a bottle of wine and still talk like we planned. I would just feel more comfortable here. I hope you understand. Call or text me back when you get this. Bye.

Jennifer hangs up the phone and smiles.

Back at Philip’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Joshua is now gone. Philip is over by the door. He shuts the door and walks over to one of the end tables in the room. He picks up a picture of he and Jennifer.

PHILIP: I can’t wait to strengthen our relationship. And, I meant every word that I said to Joshua. I intend to put your needs above my own. You are the most important thing in my life. I love you so much, Jenn. And, I can’t wait to express that love tonight.

Back at the Community Park, in the Private Area, a confused look comes across Lindsay’s face. She is trying to sort all the information out.

LINDSAY: You murdered your uncle?

CYNTHIA: Yes. But, you must know that I had to.

LINDSAY: Okay, now I really don’t understand.

CYNTHIA: Lindsay, there’s a lot you don’t know.

LINDSAY: You better start talking, Cynthia. I will not hesitate to go to my father with this information. But, for once, I am trying to be the better person. I am trying to get all the facts straight. But, getting those facts straight is going to take some help from you.

CYNTHIA: I don’t feel like talking about this, Lindsay. Certainly not with you. This story only brings up bad memories.

LINDSAY: Just start talking. Why did you murder this Victor guy?

CYNTHIA: I had to murder my uncle! He raped me!

LINDSAY: (taken aback) Raped you?

CYNTHIA: Yeah. And, (voice breaking) if you would’ve dug just a little bit deeper, you would’ve probably discovered the whole truth. But, like always, you just want instant gratification. Regardless of who you hurt. I murdered that terrible, horrific, piece of trash human being in self defense. I murdered him right in the middle of my rape. (tearing up) I still have nightmares about him on top of me. And, me hitting...him...over the head with a bottle. I killed a man in self defense! And, you are no better than him for trying to turn this situation around and make me seem as though I am some cold blooded murderer! How dare you do this to me!
JACKSON FAMILY HOME - KITCHEN
Related image

Andrea is about to step out of the house. She is gathering her things when her cell phone rings. She sets everything down and retrieves her cell phone from her purse. She answers the call.

ANDREA: (on the phone) Hello? Oh. Hello, Mr. Smith. No. You’re not interrupting me. So, why’d you call? Oh, really? You know who you want to be the next Chief of Staff? Yeah. Yeah. Of course, I will come in. This just seems very quick though. Well, I’m glad we agree on something. And, yes I will bring Joshua. Okay. Seya soon. Bye.

Andrea hangs up her phone.

ANDREA: Well, let’s see who’s gonna take home the prize.

Andrea smiles, grabs her things, and exits through the backdoor.

Back at the Whitmore Mansion, in the Living Room, Stuart is holding two pills in his right hand and a glass of water in his left. He takes both pills. He then sets the water glass down on the bar cart.

JUDITH: Thanks for taking your pills.

STUART: (turning around) Yeah. Whatever. It only delayed our discussion. But, now, we are free to talk. No interruptions.

JUDITH: Stuart, all I really wanted to talk to you about was Michael and the deal. That’s it. I promise.

STUART: Judith, we’ve been together all of our adult lives. I know things about you that others don’t. That includes all of your facial expressions. I know when you are lying to me, Judith. And, you’re lying to me right now. Don’t do anything foolish, darling. I just want to know what is going on.

JUDITH: That’s the thing. I don’t know that you want to know what is going on. But, I will tell you that this thing does have something to do with Michael.

STUART: Did he do something to you? Oh, god, please don’t tell me he leaked our financial woes to the press. I mean, all of you told me not to trust him. And, to think we just got all of our issues fixed.

JUDITH: This has nothing to do with our financial crisis.

STUART: Okay. Then, what is this about?

JUDITH: (sighs) When I tell you, do you promise that you won’t get mad at me? Please. I need you to promise me that.

STUART: That depends on what you have to tell me.

JUDITH: I thought you might say that. (deep breath) Stuart, I’m so sorry. I am so very sorry about all of this.

STUART: Sorry about what?

JUDITH: (tearing up/voice breaking) A couple of years ago, Michael and I had a year long affair with one another.

The camera zooms in on Stuart. An expression full of shock and hurt comes across his face. He is doing everything he can to contain himself.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 13***

No comments:

Post a Comment