Pages

Friday, July 6, 2018

EPISODE #7

EPISODE 7


Created By: Casey Hutchison
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Casey Hutchison

SAME DAY. AFTERNOON
ANDERSON MANUFACTURING - CEO OFFICE
Image result for executive office

Lindsay and Cynthia are face-to-face. The door to the office is opened.

Image result for Julie Marie Berman
LINDSAY: You’re trying to get me out of my father’s life. You want him to kick me to the curb, so you can have him all to yourself. Well, I’ve got a newsflash for you, cupcake. You will do no such thing.

Image result for Melissa Archer
CYNTHIA: What makes you think I haven’t already?

Lindsay slaps Cynthia! As Cynthia holds her cheek, Michael enters.

Image result for Clayton Norcross
MICHAEL: What is going on here?!

CYNTHIA: (rushing to Michael) Michael! Thank God you’re here!

LINDSAY: (to herself) You’ve gotta be kidding me.

MICHAEL: Lindsay, did you just slap Cynthia?

LINDSAY: Damn right I did! And, I’d do it again!
JACKSON FAMILY HOME - LIVING ROOM
Image result for simple living room with fireplace

Jennifer and Philip walk into the living room. Jennifer is holding her cellphone.

Image result for Paige Hurd
JENNIFER: I’m lucky that Laura Hughes let me reschedule. Anyway, now you can tell me about this plan of your’s. And, it better be a good plan; because I’m still mad as hell at you for keeping that secret.

Image result for Robert Adamson
PHILIP: I know you are. But, I think you’ll like what I have to say. You and I are going to catch the person who murdered your parents.

JENNIFER: What do you mean?

PHILIP: I mean that I want us to be the PIs. I want us to investigate the case and work closely together. So, what do you say? You wanna play detective with me?
AMY & MIMI’S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM
Related image

Amy and Mimi are sitting on the couch. They are also looking over a seating chart.

Related image
AMY: How about we sit my dad’s business associate Alfred at table two. My goal is to keep him and his fourth wife as far away from one another as possible.

Image result for Kelli Goss
MIMI: Good idea.

AMY: Great. So, now we only have two tables left to fill. Each of them can seat six people. Who do you want to put at table eleven?

MIMI: You can pick.

AMY: Mimi?

MIMI: Yeah?

AMY: Is everything okay?

MIMI: Not really.

AMY: Talk to me then. You know that I am always here to listen to you.

MIMI: (sighs) My mom called me.
AMY: Really?

MIMI: Yes.

AMY: And…?

MIMI: And, the call didn’t go well at all. In fact, I think my mom and I are straying from one another like never before. The worst part is, is that I don’t know how to fix it. And, all I want to do is fix it. So, please, please, tell me how to fix it.
THOMAS’ APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM
Image result for apartment living room

Thomas enters the living room. He is shirtless. However, he has a button down shirt in hand. As he begins to put his shirt on, there is a knock at the door. He goes to the door. He then opens the door. His shirt is not buttoned.

Image result for blake hood
THOMAS: Becky, hey.

Related image
BECKY: Well, hello to you too.

THOMAS: What brings you by?

BECKY: I thought I would stop by before we went on our date. So, are you going to invite me in, so I can see you and your place?

THOMAS: Sure. Come on in.

Becky and Thomas smile at one another.
MEMORIAL HOSPITAL - ANDREA’S OFFICE
Image result for doctors personal office

Stuart and Andrea enter the office. Andrea is holding Stuart’s chart. Andrea sits behind the desk. Stuart sits on the other side of the desk.

Image result for matthew ashford
STUART: Over the phone, you said that you wanted to see me ASAP. So, here I am. What’s wrong with me now?

Image result for ANdrea Bowen
ANDREA: (sighs) Stuart, what I’m about to tell you is very important. In fact, I came in on my day off to help you. The reason I called you here today is because something very serious is going on with you.

STUART: Andrea, you’re kind of scaring me. What’s going on?

ANDREA: During your last appointment, I did some tests on you. They all fell under the routine categories. However, one of those routine tests showed me something that I hadn’t seen before.

STUART: What are you talking about.

ANDREA: I’m not sure how to tell you this.

STUART: How about you just come out and say what you need to say.

ANDREA: For the past couple of months, I have been led to believe that all that is going on with you is just a bad case of high blood pressure. However, after further examination, I am ready to make a new diagnosis. And, it pains me to tell you this.

STUART: Spit it out. I can take it.

ANDREA: (deep breath) I am now diagnosing you with Congestive Heart Failure.

Back at Anderson Manufacturing, in the CEO Office, Lindsay walks over to Michael and Cynthia. She puts her head up and crosses her arms.

MICHAEL: Cynthia, darling, would you mind if I had a moment with Lindsay?

CYNTHIA: Not at all.

Cynthia exits the office. Michael shuts the door.

MICHAEL: What the hell has gotten into you?

LINDSAY: I could ask you the same thing.

MICHAEL: Excuse me?

LINDSAY: I have tried so hard to bring this company into the next generation. Today, you tell me that I only have one week left here. You also tell me that I am being replaced with a woman. I despise. So, please tell me why you don’t think I have the right to be mad as hell!

MICHAEL: You do have a right to be angry about this. But, that doesn’t give you the right to slap your step-mother. Look, I don’t know what has gotten into you. But, I am here to tell you that it is going to stop! Right now!

LINDSAY: Dad, I love you. I do. I really do. And, I want to respect you. And, I want to respect your decisions and your choices. But, I can’t respect you when it comes to Cynthia. I truly believe that you are not in your right mind with her. All I want to do is help you.

MICHAEL: Lindsay, I’ve been around a lot longer than you have. I have experienced more than you have. For you to say that I am not in my right mind is so disrespectful towards me, and the life I have lived. I know it has not been easy for you or even Thomas to accept Cynthia. But, she is making an effort. She truly is. When we lost your mother, things got tough. They did. This family was on shaky ground. But, since I’ve met and married Cynthia, I have been trying to make the ground for this family stop shaking. I have done everything I can. But, you, and your brother have not. You two need to start helping me out. You two are capable. You two need to stop your stubborn ways and help me repair this family before it is too late. So, tell me, will you help me? Or, will you go against me?

Back at Amy and Mimi’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Amy and Mimi both stand from the couch. Amy sets down an ink pen on the table.

AMY: What did you mom say?

MIMI: It was the same old, same old. She is still disowning me. This hurts like hell. It really does. And, I’ve tried to not let it get to me. I really have. (sobbing) But...but…

AMY: Oh come here.

Amy and Mimi embrace.

AMY: Everything will be fine. I promise.

The two come off of their hug.

MIMI: Do you think that my relationship with my parents is worth fixing?

AMY: Honey, it’s up to you. Do you want to fix it?

MIMI: I kind of do.

AMY: (sighs) You are my partner. And, I love you. And, I respect you. Mimi, I am fine with whatever decision you wanna make. If you want to repair things with your mom and dad, then I will help you every step of the way. I am in your corner.

MIMI: Thank you. Thank you so much.

AMY: Of course. I love you.

MIMI: (sligh smile) I love you too.

Back at the Jackson Family Home, in the Living Room, Jennifer sets her cell phone down on the living room table. She then walks back over to Philip.

JENNIFER: Is this some kind of joke?

PHILIP: Jennifer, this isn’t a joke. And, I am so sorry if I made it seem like that. Look, I am just trying to make things up to you. I should’ve never kept that secret from you.

JENNIFER: Damn right you shouldn’t have! And, my parents should’ve never died. But, boy the times are a changin’. Philip, I want to know the full story of what happened to my mother and my father. But, I don’t need your help. I think between myself, the PI I hired, and my brother, we’ve got this whole thing covered.

PHILIP: Jenn, please. Let me help you.

JENNIFER: Philip, don’t you understand? I would love for you to help my brother and I uncover all parts of the story. But, you know damn well why I can’t reach out, shake your hand, and become your investigative partner. I told you that I needed space from you. I didn’t just say that for fun. I meant it. So, please, leave. Leave so I can continue to examine everything.

PHILIP: I’m not leaving.

JENNIFER: And, why not?

PHILIP: Because, I have few things that I need to say to you right now. And, you need to hear them. You need to hear what I have to say!

Back at Thomas’ Apartment, in the Living Room, Becky enters the apartment. Thomas shuts the door. He turns around, walks over to her, and begins to button his shirt.

BECKY: This is a nice play you got here.

THOMAS: Thanks. Just bought it. By the way, how did you find out which apartment I live in, considering I just bought it.

BECKY: I’m a detective. Remember?

THOMAS: Right.

BECKY: So, to tell you the truth, originally I thought I wasn’t going to be able to make it tonight. I got a call from my boss who said that I would be awfully busy tonight. So, I came to tell you. But, on my way up in the elevator, I got a second call from my boss. This time he told me that he didn’t need me to work tonight. I just didn’t want to go back downstairs without stopping by. So, here I am for the afternoon.

THOMAS: I get it. You didn’t want to waste your time. I know all about that. For what it’s worth, I am glad you stopped by.

BECKY: Are you now?

THOMAS: Yes, I am.

BECKY: And, why are you glad I stopped by?

THOMAS: Because, I can now get to know more about you.

BECKY: Oh yeah? Well, what do you want to know?
MIMI'S CAFE
Image result for coffee house

Michael and Cynthia are sitting down at a table. Both of them have mugs full of coffee in front of them. Cynthia takes a sip of her coffee.

MICHAEL: Can I get you anything else, dear?

CYNTHIA: No. I’m fine. I’m just still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that Lindsay slapped me. It just seemed like it came out of the blue.

MICHAEL: Well, I don’t think Lindsay will be having anymore outburst.

CYNTHIA: Why do you say that?

MICHAEL: Because, I had a good, stern talk with her. And, I think that this talk changed her mind on a couple of things.

CYNTHIA: I hope you’re right.

MICHAEL: Yeah. Me too.

Back at Anderson Manufacturing, in the CEO Office, Lindsay is pacing around the office. She then walks over to her office phone. She picks it up, dials, and puts it to her ear.

LINDSAY: Hey, Thomas. Yeah. It’s me. Look, I need to see you when possible. We need to have a little chat about Cynthia. So, please, meet me in the park when you can. Okay. Bye.

Lindsay hangs up the phone and sighs.

Back at Thomas’ Apartment, in the Living Room, Thomas puts his home phone on the hook. Then, he and Becky walk over to the couch and sit.

BECKY: Do you need to leave?

THOMAS: No. Everything’s fine.

BECKY: You sure?

THOMAS: Yeah. My sister tends to exaggerate sometimes. I’m sure everything is fine. Anyway, enough about her. I have an idea.

BECKY: What is this idea of your’s?

THOMAS: Why don’t we order in tonight? I know this great Italian place on Jefferson Avenue that not only delivers food, but they deliver wine too.

BECKY: Alright. Well, make sure you get red...not white.

THOMAS: Red is the only way to go.

BECKY: I think tonight’s going to be fun.

THOMAS: Yes, yes it is going to be fun. Well, I’m gonna step into the other room and order our dinner. Be back in a bit.

BECKY: Sounds good.

As Thomas walks off, Becky’s phone rings. She grabs her purse, which is on the coffee table, she digs through it and grabs her phone. She presses the GREEN button and puts the phone to her ear. She also tucks her hair behind her ear.

BECKY: Hello. This is Detective Becky Campbell. What the hell do you want? I told you not to call me on this phone. What do you mean the shipment did not go through? You listen here...and you listen good. Either you get that cocaine shipment to Spain by tonight, or I will kill you. Do you understand me? Good!

Back at the Jackson Family Home, in the Living Room, Jennifer goes in front of Philip. She dims her eyes and crosses her arms.

JENNIFER: You have something to say to me?

PHILIP: Yes. Something very serious. In fact, what I say to you in this moment could impact the future of our relationship.

JENNIFER: Alright. Stop wasting my time. Go ahead. Say what you need to.

PHILIP: I love you. I always have. And, I always will. Nothing that happens between the two of us will ever change that. I am so sorry for hiding that secret from you. I cannot say that enough. Please, let me make it up to you. Let me show you how sorry I really am. Jenn, I’m begging you. Let me help you with the investigation.

JENNIFER: (sighs) I would need to talk to Joshua.

PHILIP: Of course. I understand.

JENNIFER: Philip…

PHILIP: Yeah?

JENNIFER: You’re right.

PHILIP: About what?

JENNIFER: What you said did make an impact on our relationship.

PHILIP: How so?

JENNIFER: I know this may sound crazy. But, I can’t tell you in words. I can’t put my current feelings into words. So, all I can tell you is that as time moves on, my true feelings for you will come to the surface.

PHILIP: I hope those feelings directed towards me are good. I hope that we can repair our relationship very soon.

JENNIFER: We’ll see. Only time will tell.

Back at Memorial Hospital, in Andrea’s Office, Andrea closes Stuart’s chart.

STUART: Congestive Heart Failure? What does all of this mean?

ANDREA: It means that your heart isn’t pumping blood as well as it should. Now, I know what you’re probably thinking. ‘How could I have missed this?’ CHF mirrors hypertension sometimes. But, I am very sorry for missing this in the first place.

STUART: You don’t have to be sorry. You have moved Heaven and Earth already to treat me. Just...tell me more about my current condition.

ANDREA: Alright. Um...there are two categories of CHF. The first is called Diastolic. The second is called Systolic.

STUART: Which one do I have?

ANDREA: Systolic...which means that the chambers of your heart are stretching and thinning out. This is what is causing your heart not to pump correctly.

STUART: What can we do about this.

ANDREA: The first step is getting you on the right meds. From there, we will decide the best course of action. I’m considering surgery.

STUART: What surgery would be done.

ANDREA: I would perform a coronary artery bypass. The surgery would restore blood flow to the heart via a healthy artery or vein. So, basically, we would be performing a graft on your heart.

STUART: Wow. This is a lot to take in. What am I going to tell my family?

Stuart stands up and begins to pace. Andrea goes to him.

ANDREA: Stuart, you tell them whatever you feel is necessary. And, if you need me to stop by your home and help you deliver this news, then I will do just that. You do not have to go this alone. I will have your back every step of the way. I promise you that everything will work out.

STUART: Thank you. Truly. Thank you.

Andrea and Stuart hug.

ANDREA: Everything is going to be just fine. Just fine.

Back at Amy and Mimi’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Mimi is standing over by the coffee table. She is hanging up her phone. It is apparent she just got done with a call. Amy enters.

AMY: Hey.

MIMI: Hey.

AMY: How’d that conversation with your mom go just now?

MIMI: I don’t want to talk about it.

AMY: Was it really that bad.

MIMI: Yeah. It was.

AMY: When I walked in here not too long ago, I thought everything was going fine. I thought that everything was getting put back on the right track.

MIMI: It started out that way.

AMY: What do you mean?

MIMI: Well, she said she was sorry for letting our relationship strain.We talked about why it did. And, she was ready to accept why it did.

AMY: But…?

MIMI: But, then the conversation took a turn for the worse.

AMY: What happened?

MIMI: I asked if she was willing to accept you in my life.

AMY: And…?

MIMI: That’s when she hung up.

AMY: Come here.

Amy and Mimi hug.

AMY: I am so sorry. I am so, so, so very sorry that this is happening to you. But, everything will be alright. I’ll make it all better. I promise. Don’t you worry about a thing.

Back at the Jackson Family Home, in the Living Room, Jennifer is sitting on the couch. Philip has left the home. Jennifer is on the phone.

JENNIFER: Hey, Josh. Listen, I just wanted to call you and say that I feel as though things are about to change in the investigation. Yeah. It looks like things are about to take a turn. I’ll fill you in some more when you get home from the hospital. Anyway, I better be going. I have some errands to run. Alright. I love you too. Bye.

Jennifer hangs up the call.

JENNIFER: (sighs) How did things get so complicated so fast?

Back at Anderson Manufacturing, in the CEO Office, Lindsay is standing over by the door. She has her purse on her shoulder and a box filled with her personal belongings in her hands.

LINDSAY: I’m not waiting till the end of the week. If my father really wants Cynthia to have this company, then it is all her’s. She may think she has won. But, me giving up this company doesn’t mean a damn thing. There’s still a war brewing. And, she won’t come out on top.

Lindsay turns off the lights, exits the office, and shuts the door behind her. The camera pans out from the empty office.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 7***

No comments:

Post a Comment