Pages

Monday, July 16, 2018

EPISODE #11

EPISODE 11


Created By: Casey Hutchison
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Casey Hutchison

SAME DAY. AFTERNOON.
COMMUNITY PARK - PRIVATE AREA
Related image

Lindsay is sitting on the bench. She is talking on her cellphone.

Image result for Julie Marie Berman
LINDSAY: (on the phone) Yeah. You heard correctly. And, I’m sorry I have to reschedule. I really hope it isn’t any trouble. Thank you very much for understanding. And, I can’t wait to meet you, Carter. Alright. Bye.

Lindsay hangs up her phone. She puts her phone in her purse. As she stands from the bench, holding her purse, Michael walks up to her.

Image result for Clayton Norcross
MICHAEL: Hello.

LINDSAY: Hey, dad. I was beginning to wonder when you were going to show. Anyway, how are you doing today?

MICHAEL: I’ve had better days.

LINDSAY: Why do you say that?

MICHAEL: Because, I have reason to believe that you went through my things. And, when your daughter betrays your trust, you don’t usually have a good day. So, tell me, am I right? Did you go through my things?
WHITMORE MANSION - LIVING ROOM
Related image

Judith enters the living room. She walks over to the bar cart and begins pouring herself a cup of tea. Stuart enters.

Image result for matthew ashford
STUART: Good afternoon, darling.

Image result for Marcia Gay Harden
JUDITH: Hello.

Stuart goes to Judith and kisses her on the cheek.

JUDITH: You seem awfully chipper.

STUART: That’s because I am.

JUDITH: Oh? Well, do tell. What has you in such a good mood?

STUART: I think that I have finally found a realistic way to get this family out of the state of financial ruin.
POLICE DEPARTMENT - FRONT OFFICES
Image result for police department offices

Becky leans back in her chair. Thomas is still standing by her.

Image result for blake hood
THOMAS: I can’t believe this.

Related image
BECKY: I know you’re in disbelief. I’m kind of in disbelief too. Hey, can I give you some wise advice concerning this situation?

THOMAS: I guess.

BECKY: Because of Cynthia’s surprise history, it would appear as though that she’s a wild card. So, please, be careful. I don’t think you want to get on her bad side.

THOMAS: Yeah. I would agree with you there.

The camera zooms in on Thomas. He is confused, shocked, and he is questioning what to do with this information.
PHILIP’S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM
Related image

Jennifer enters the living room. She is holding two bottles of water. She walks over to Philip. She sits next to him on the couch and hands him a bottle of water.

Image result for Robert Adamson
PHILIP: Thanks.

Image result for Paige Hurd
JENNIFER: You’re welcome.

PHILIP: Greg will be here soon. Too bad Josh got called in to the hospital. I wish he could be here to see it all unfold for himself.

JENNIFER: It’s fine. I’ll just fill him in.

Then, there is a knock at the door.

PHILIP: (standing) It would appear as though Greg’s here.

Philip begins to walk to the door.

JENNIFER: (standing) Alright. Let’s do this thing.
POLICE DEPARTMENT - INTERROGATION ROOM
Image result for interrogation room

Becky and Thomas walk into the room. Becky shuts the door.

BECKY: I got the details of Cynthia’s past printed out for you. The file containing the info is sitting on top of my desk. But, before you walk off with it, maybe we should discuss how you are going to tell your family that Cynthia once killed someone.

THOMAS: I don’t know how I’m going to break the news to my dad. My sister has been looking for a way to take Cynthia down. So, she might be easy to break the news to. But, this is really going to throw my dad for a loop. I already know that.

BECKY: Thomas, everything will be okay. You just have to take your time with this. I want you to look at all sides of the story before revealing the truth.

THOMAS: I’ll be smart about this. I promise.

BECKY: Good. In the meantime, is there anything I can do for you?

THOMAS: You’ve been a huge help already. There’s nothing else you need to do. Thanks for looking into Cynthia’s past for me. It means a lot to me that you agreed to look out for my family.

BECKY: It was no trouble at all.

Then, Becky’s phone rings. She grabs it from her back pocket.

BECKY: Would you mind stepping out for just a moment? This is a pretty important call. And, I need to take it.

THOMAS: No problem.

BECKY: Thanks.

Thomas exits, shutting the door behind him. Becky takes the call.

BECKY: (on the phone) What the hell do you want?

Back at the Whitmore Mansion, in the Living Room, Judith and Stuart walk away from the bar cart.

JUDITH: Are you serious?

STUART: You bet I am.

JUDITH: I don’t understand. I thought I looked at all the possible ways to get this family back in the black.

STUART: I thought you and I did too. But, then, I started to look back through everything we had previously looked at.

JUDITH: And…?

STUART: And, I found a simple solution.

JUDITH: Okay. Do go on.

STUART: I think that we should sell eight of our hotels to Michael. Trust me on this one. I did the math. And, I even had some of our people double and triple check my numbers. I don’t know why I didn’t think of this before. Plus, I got on the phone with him, and he said he would think my offer over.

JUDITH: I wouldn’t get too comfortable with your possible deal.

STUART: Why not?

JUDITH: Because, there is no way in hell I would ever agree to sell that man a damn thing that this family owns.

Back at the Community Park, in the Private Area, Lindsay sets her purse down on the bench. She then turns around to face her father.

LINDSAY: Dad…, look… I…

MICHAEL: Lindsay, before you go on speaking, there’s something that I need to tell you. I don’t want you to lie to me. And, I am only giving you one chance to tell me the truth. If you do not tell me the truth, then there will be serious consequences.

LINDSAY: I understand.

MICHAEL: Okay. Go on.

LINDSAY: (sighs) It was me. I went through your things.

MICHAEL: Why?

LINDSAY: Well, I also went through Cynthia’s things too. I was looking for something on her. I thought maybe she had hid something in the room you two share. So, I got together with Thomas, and we searched every inch of that room.

MICHAEL: Did you find anything interesting.

LINDSAY: Yes. But, since you know the truth, I think you already know what Thomas and I found in your room.

MICHAEL: I do. So, tell me, do you still have that photo?

LINDSAY: Yes.

MICHAEL: What were you planning on doing with it?

LINDSAY: I was planning on getting some answers.

MICHAEL: (sighs) Well, I guess since you were honest with me, I can be honest with you. You can ask me all the questions you want concerning that photo. And, I won’t hold back any part of the truth from you.

LINDSAY: Seriously?

MICHAEL: Yes. But, there’s something you should know before you ask me any questions concerning that photo.

LINDSAY: What should I know?

MICHAEL: You probably aren’t going to like what I am going to tell you. Are you prepared to know things you may not like?

LINDSAY: Yeah. I’m prepared to hear anything you have to say.

MICHAEL: Alright. Let’s begin. What’s your first question for me?

LINDSAY: Did you and Judith have an affair while mom was sick?

Back at the Police Department, in the Interrogation Room, Becky is pacing back and forth. She is still on the phone.

BECKY: (on the phone) I’m proud of you. Pushing an extra shipment of cocaine is good. That will get us a lot more money than one shipment ever could. And, I’ll make sure you are paid quite the pretty penny for your work.

As Becky hangs up, Thomas enters.

THOMAS: Are you all done with your call?

BECKY: Yeah.

THOMAS: Good. Hey, do you wanna get out of here?

BECKY: I was just about to ask you the same thing.

THOMAS: You know, it’s such a beautiful day. How do you feel about going to the park and getting a hotdog?

BECKY: I would love too.

THOMAS: But, before we go, there’s something I have to do.

Thomas gets close to Becky and kisses her passionately.

Back at Philip’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Jennifer and Philip are huddled around Greg. Greg is sitting on the couch with his laptop. He is typing.

JENNIFER: Are you into the system yet?

GREG: Just about. The THPD has really good firewalls.

PHILIP: Do you think you’ll be able to get through them?

GREG: (looking at Philip) I’m Greg Roberts, dude. I can get through any firewall there is in the whole entire world.

PHILIP: I believe you.

GREG: It’d be wise too.

Greg then gets back to typing on his laptop. Jennifer and Philip look at one another. It appears they both are trying to hold in laughter. Then, Greg’s laptop makes a beeping noise.

GREG: Good news. I’m in.

Back at the Whitmore Mansion, in the Living Room, Judith sets her teacup down on the coffee table.

STUART: Really, Judith? This deal between Michael and I could save our family’s legacy. You really can’t let go of your grudge just long enough for me to close this damn deal?

JUDITH: Yeah. You’re right. I can’t let go of my grudge towards him. I will never let go of that grudge. And, I don’t appreciate you trying to make me do just that.

STUART: Judith, I want my life back. The kids want their life back. And, I know you miss your’s. I’m doing this deal with or without you.

JUDITH: Stuart, I think you would be making a huge mistake if you went through with this. Please, understand where I’m coming from here.

STUART: How is getting this family back on stable financial ground a bad thing? Explain that to me. There has to be more behind your reasoning.

JUDITH: You know what? I don’t want to fight with you on this anymore. If you want to close this deal, go right ahead. Just don’t expect me to be about it.

STUART: I’m not asking you to.

JUDITH: Good.

Stuart walks off. Judith lets out a deep breath. She then picks up her empty tea cup and throws it across the room. Then, Vargas enters.

VARGAS: Is it okay to come in?

JUDITH: Vargas. Hi. I’m sorry, I forgot you were supposed to come over today to drop off some information.

Vargas goes to Judith and hands her a manila envelope.

VARGAS: Everything you need to know is right in there.

JUDITH: Thank you. And, because the police didn’t catch you breaking into the Jackson home, you will be getting a large bump in pay.

VARGAS: Thank you.

JUDITH: No problem. I assure you can show yourself out?

VARGAS: Certainly.

Vargas walks out. Judith walks over to the couch and sits. She opens the manila envelope and empties the contents. Inside are Jennifer’s notes on the murder investigation.

JUDITH: Finally. Now I know what Jennifer knows about the night her parents died. Well, let’s do some reading.

Then, Stuart enters.

STUART: I see Vargas stopped by. What’s going on there?

Judith puts down the notes and goes to Stuart.

JUDITH: He stole something for me worth of value.

STUART: And, what did he steal?

JUDITH: He stole the notes that Jennifer had written down concerning the murder of her parents. We now know everything she and her brother do.

STUART: You should’ve just left well enough alone.

JUDITH: Honey, if Jennifer and Joshua are close to finding out that we killed their parents, then we should know about it. I don’t know about you, but I’d like to stay in the clear.

STUART: Sooner or later, Judith, a criminal gets caught.

JUDITH: Well, we aren’t your average criminals, darling.

Judith smiles on at Stuart.

Back at the Community Park, in the Private Area, Michael walks past Lindsay. He then turns around.

MICHAEL: The answer to your question is ‘yes’. Judith and I had the affair as your mother was battling her cancer.

LINDSAY: How could you do something like that to mom?

MICHAEL: There’s a lot of things that you still don’t get about adult relationships. I know that sounds like I’m treating you like a child. But, it’s the truth.

LINDSAY: Why don’t you tell me what those things are? I was honest with you. In return, you promised to be honest with me.

MICHAEL: I was getting lonely. And, it was killing me to see your mother get weaker and weaker. One night, I went to Martin’s Bar. I had a lot of drinks. In the process, I saw Judith there. She sat next to me. We just kept buying one another drink after drink. Then, everything went black. The next morning, I woke up in a hotel room. Judith was right by my side. We were both naked. At first, we were horrified. But, then, as memories from that night began to come back to us, we realized how much pleasure we both indulged in. Stuart was always wrapped up in his work. Your mother was getting more and more sick by the minute. So, we decided to make one another happy. From then on, we began a long affair with one another. The photo that you saw of us was from a trip we took to Cancun. That was when our affair ended.

LINDSAY: Why did the affair stop there?

MICHAEL: That was the week your mother passed.

LINDSAY: Oh my god.

MICHAEL: I’m so sorry for not ever telling you or your brother about this. I should’ve told you a long time ago.

LINDSAY: How could you do this to mom? She was dying! And, as she was slipping away, you were on a beach with Judith Whitmore! How dare you. How dare you!

MICHAEL: I’m so sorry.

LINDSAY: Who were you happier with?

MICHAEL: Linds…

LINDSAY: Answer the damn question!

MICHAEL: For a period of time, I was happier with Judith.

LINDSAY: I still can’t believe you. Mom devoted her life to loving nobody else but you. You were the only man for her. It’s nice to know you didn’t feel the same
way about her.

MICHAEL: Of course I felt that way about her.

LINDSAY: You just told me something different.

MICHAEL: Lindsay, I’ve been honest with you about everything. And, I am so sorry. I really am. And, I know now that this thing between Judith and I should’ve never happened. But, it did. And, I can’t change what happened. I can only look forward to the future. Come on. Please believe me when I say that I’m sorry. Because, I really am sorry.

LINDSAY: I can’t even believe that you’re trying to make up for your infidelity by saying ‘I’m sorry’. How do you think mom would have reacted if you would’ve told her the truth, and all you would’ve said is ‘I’m sorry’?

MICHAEL: I don’t know what else I can say to you.

LINDSAY: Sometimes, it’s better to just say nothing at all. And, I think that you’ve defended yourself and your former mistress enough for one day.

MICHAEL: I…

LINDSAY: Don’t you say what I know you’re gonna say again.

MICHAEL: I’m not going to stop apologizing. I really am sorry for what I did to your mother and to this family.

Lindsay slaps Michael!

LINDSAY: Well, I hate to tell you this, dad! But, I’m not in the mood to accept apologies right now! Least of all an apology from the likes of you!

The camera zooms in on Lindsay’s angered expression.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 11***

No comments:

Post a Comment