Pages

Monday, September 23, 2019

EPISODE #53

EPISODE 53

Created By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Mike Larry
Written By: Casey Hutchison & Mike Larry

NEW DAY. MORNING.
ORIGINAL AIRDATE: June 3rd, 2019 (Monday)
MEMORIAL HOSPITAL - WAITING ROOM

The camera zooms out from Judith who is sleeping on a waiting room chair. Joshua enters the waiting room and closes the door behind him. He goes to Judith.


JOSHUA: Mrs. Whitmore…

Judith breathes heavily and begins to slowly wake up.

Image result for Marcia Gay Harden
JUDITH: Joshua?

JOSHUA: Yes, it’s me.

Judith slowly begins to stand from the chair.

JUDITH: How’s my husband? Sorry…, I mean Stuart.

JOSHUA: He’s stable. He’s resting right now.

JUDITH: Did Andrea get a chance to review the case from home?

JOSHUA: Yes. I sent my wife his chart.

JUDITH: What do you guys think happened here? I thought since he got his heart transplant, everything was fine. Is his body rejecting his heart after all this time?

JOSHUA: No. It would just appear that Stuart got overwhelmed. He has to be careful about the stress that he brings into his life. I would say that now it is a good time to call your family. Let them know that he’s doing well and that they need to help him keep his stress level low.

JUDITH: Will do. Thank you for everything.

JOSHUA: Of course. I put my card with Stuart’s personal things. You guys give me a call if anything else happens. With my wife on maternity leave at the moment, I’m not even above making home visits to Stuart to make sure he still receives the amount of care that my wife would’ve given him.

JUDITH: Thank you. I appreciate that more than you know.

JOSHUA: Of course.

Joshua nods and walks out of the room. Judith takes a deep breath, trying to hold back tears from her worry over the whole situation.
THE GRAPE ESCAPE - MAIN OFFICES

Veronica is sitting behind a separate desk away from Lindsay’s joint desk. Her nameplate on the desk says, Veronica Sterling: Executive Assistant. As Veronica continues to shuffle papers around and organize files, her phone, which is sitting on top of her desk, begins to ring. Veronica lets out a sigh and answers her phone.


VERONICA: (on the phone) What do you want, mother?


DOREEN: (over the phone) Is that any way to talk to your mother?

VERONICA: (on the phone) I’m sorry. I’m just so overwhelmed with my new job. I have so much to do in these nine hour days.

DOREEN: (over the phone) Well, I’m so sorry to have interrupted my working girl. However, I need to tell you something important. I have some amazing news to share.
MEMORIAL HOSPITAL - EXAM ROOM

Lindsay sits on top of an examination table. Dr. Meyers, is holding a chart and clicks her pen. She begins to take notes on why Lindsay is visiting today.

Related image
LINDSAY: Thank you for taking the time to see me, Dr. Meyers.

DR. MEYERS: Of course. You’ve been a patient of mine for a very long time. What’s going on today? Tell me everything.

LINDSAY: It’s actually something that’s been going on for a couple of weeks now. (sighs) I just haven’t been able to get to a doctor because of me now being the Co-CEO of my brother’s business. Anyway, I just couldn’t take it anymore. I had to come here.

DR. MEYERS: Couldn’t take what anymore?

LINDSAY: These headaches. The headaches that I’ve had lately have been unbearable. I haven’t even wanted to leave the house on some days. Doctor, in all seriousness I’m scared. I just want to know what’s going on with me.

Back at The Grape Escape, in the Main Offices, Veronica closes a file. She’s still working hard and barely listening to her mother.

VERONICA: (on the phone) So, what’s this good news? I don’t mean to keep being rude, however I do have a lot of work to do, mother.

DOREEN: (over the phone) I know. I’ll let you go soon. But, you need to hear this. It’ll change everything. And, I think it’ll make you happy. It’ll bring us closer.

VERONICA: (on the phone) Okay. I’m on the edge of my seat.

DOREEN: (over the phone/takes a deep breath) I did it. I sold the home.

VERONICA: (on the phone/stops working/shocked) You did?

DOREEN: (over the phone) Yes. You don’t seem to happy though.

VERONICA: (on the phone) What? No...no...no, I’m thrilled. I’m absolutely thrilled. I can’t wait for you to come here to Thorne Hill. I do need you. I was just shocked that the house sold still fast. It caught me off guard.

DOREEN: (over the phone) It’s your childhood home, darling. It’s okay to have those feelings. You hold a lot of attachment to that home.

VERONICA: (on the phone) Yeah. Look, let me know when you book your plane ticket here. I’ll even pick you up at the airport. I promise.

DOREEN: (over the phone) I’ll still be awhile. I have some other business to take care of. Thank you for the offer, honey. And, I will let you know.

VERONICA: (on the phone) Okay. Sounds good. Bye, mom. I love you.

DOREEN: (over the phone) I love you too.

Veronica hangs up her phone and sets it on the desk.

VERONICA: Lord, what am I gonna do?

Back at Memorial Hospital, in the Waiting Room, Amy, Mimi, Quentin, Philip, and Jennifer are standing around waiting to get word on Stuart’s condition. Judith enters the room. They all look over at her. She shuts the door and goes to all of them.

Related image
AMY: Mom, how’s dad doing?

JUDITH: He’s doing quite well. His issue was definitely stress related.


QUENTIN: What was going on at the time of his collapse?

JUDITH: He and I were just talking about some business dealings. Though we are divorce, I still have my shares in Whitmore Hotels.


PHILIP: True. Dad would clue any of us in our any business deal if we wanted to know. He built that company for me, Amy, (to Judith) you, and even himself to have equal shares of 25 percent.

JUDITH: Yes, he did. That’s what your father is, son. He’s someone who looks out for others and brings them together to help make something great.

Paige Hurd
JENNIFER: I’m really happy to have him as my father-in-law soon. He’s a fascinating man. I hope he’s up to the engagement party in a few days.

JUDITH: I’m sure he will be. Stuart will be around for a very long time. He’ll have engagement parties to look forward to. He’ll have grandchildren to look forward to as well.


MIMI: Yes, he will.

JUDITH: Just keep him in your thoughts and help me brings his stress level down.

QUENTIN: We’ll do everything we can.

AMY: Amen.

Just as the Whitmore family continues to speak on Stuart’s condition, Quentin’s cell phone begins to ring. He retrieves his phone from his back pocket.

QUENTIN: Excuse me, everyone. I have to take this.

Quentin walks off to the other side of the room where no one can hear him. As he does so, Judith stares at him. She’s eager to know who he could be taking a call from when such an important family matter is unraveling.

Still at Memorial Hospital, in the Exam Room, Dr. Meyers re enters the room. She shuts the door behind her. Lindsay is sitting down in a chair putting her high heels on. She stands upon Dr. Meyers entering the room.

LINDSAY: Well, that was fast. I thought you would call me with the results of the MRI much later today. This must mean that my results are good. Right?

DR. MEYERS: I will say that they aren’t bad. They’re definitely not the worst I’ve ever seen. Anyway, your MRI does made us rule out other possible diagnoses, such as brain tumors, and hemorrhages. This leads me to believe that you do have severe migraines.

LINDSAY: Great. I now assume that you’re going to go into this whole speech about how I need to limit working hours and stress.

DR. MEYERS: That’s exactly what I was going to say.

LINDSAY: Doctor Meyers, with all due respect, I just became the Co-CEO of my brother’s company. I just hired a new assistant. I don’t have time to limit anything where work is concerned.

DR. MEYERS: Lindsay, you are a very strong woman. That much I know is true. The best I can do (handing a paper to Lindsay) is give you this prescription. This is extra strength rizatriptan. I want you to take it at the first sign of a migraine. You can take it with a glass of water.

LINDSAY: Thank you.

DR. MEYERS: Call me if you have any questions or concerns. You have my card. Other than that, have a great day.

LINDSAY: (smiling) You too.

Lindsay collects her things and walks to the door. As she opens the door, she stumbles back a bit. Dr. Meyers rushes to her side.

DR. MEYERS: Lindsay, are you okay?

LINDSAY: I’m...I’m good.

DR. MEYERS: You should sit down for a bit.

LINDSAY: (turning around) I’m fine. Truly.

DR. MEYERS: Are you sure?

LINDSAY: Yes.

As Lindsay turns back around, her right eye begins to twitch.

Back in the Waiting Room of Memorial Hospital, Quentin steps closer away from his family. He’s still on the phone.

QUENTIN: (over the phone) My family is going through something right now. My brother was admitted to the hospital last night with a heart setback. But, that doesn’t mean I’ve stopped my investigation. I’ll continue to do everything I can to help you and D.A. Portsmith. Look, I’ve gotta go. Goodbye, Special Agent.

As Quentin hangs up and turns around, Judith walks over to him.

JUDITH: I see that you would rather take a call than know about your brother’s condition. Who was that over the phone anyway?

QUENTIN: It was my jewelry store in Beverly Hills.

JUDITH: I bet.

QUENTIN: Is there something you want to ask me, Judith?

JUDITH: (smiling) Not at all. Not at all.

Judith nods and walks away. The camera zooms in on Quentin. He’s a tad nervous. Then, he lets out a deep breath and rejoins his family.

***FADE OUT***

***END OF EP. 53***

No comments:

Post a Comment