Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

EPISODE #52

EPISODE 52

Created By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Mike Larry
Written By: Casey Hutchison & Mike Larry

SAME DAY. NIGHT.
ORIGINAL AIRDATE: May 31st, 2019 (Friday)
THE PAINTED DOCK - DINING AREA

The camera cuts to different parts of Thorne Hill’s newest hotspot, The Painted Dock. People are drinking champagne, eating delicious and rich food, and even a little dancing is going on. Meanwhile, over at a corner table, a hostess sits Quentin and Stuart.


STUART: This place is the place to be tonight.


QUENTIN: I’d say so. I’m sad the kids couldn’t join us.

STUART: Yeah. Well, Amy’s setting up for an important meeting that’s coming up at her home. And, Philip is finalizing his engagement party plans.

QUENTIN: They’re growing up.

STUART: Yes, they most certainly are.

As Quentin and Stuart open their menus, a hostess is sitting two other people...Michael and Kimberly. Michael and Kimberly avoid going to their table upon seeing Quentin and Stuart. They walk up to them.


MICHAEL: Quentin and Stuart Whitmore. My goodness, I haven’t seen you two together in many, many years. Quentin, I didn’t even know you were back in town.

QUENTIN: Michael Anderson, how the hell are ‘ya?

MICHAEL: I’m doing wonderful. Stuart.

STUART: Hey.

MICHAEL: I take it you two remember my sister?

STUART: Certainly. How are you, Kimberly?

Image result for Kristen DiMera
KIMBERLY: I’m doing lovely. Thank you.

QUENTIN: Good to see you, Kim.

KIMBERLY: Hello, Quentin. Long time...no see.

QUENTIN: It has been awhile. But, I’m back to stay.

Kimberly and Quentin smile at one another.
PHILIP’S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM

Philip is sitting on the couch looking over some business documents on his iPAD. As he clicks through more of the documents, Jennifer enters the apartment. She shuts the door behind her. Then, she enters the living room, setting down her purse and keys.

Paige Hurd
JENNIFER: Hey, baby.


PHILIP: Hey.

Jennifer and Philip kiss. Philip shuts down his iPAD, as Jennifer flops down on the couch. She lets out a deep breath. Philip looks over at her.

PHILIP: How was your day?

JENNIFER: It was great. I ran into Veronica at the cemetery and we ended up spending the whole day together. We grabbed lunch…, talked a lot…, bonded.

PHILIP: That’s nice.

JENNIFER: It really was. I also ran into your mom.

PHILIP: Oh?

JENNIFER: Yeah.

PHILIP: You didn’t tell her anything about what Vargas told me last night, did you? We have to keep that from her. I can’t have her involved in her former henchman’s business. Not until I figure some stuff out.

JENNIFER: Honey, don’t worry. I didn’t tell her a thing. In fact, I was too concerned about your mother to think of anything else.

PHILIP: Concerned? What do you mean?

JENNIFER: Well, for some reason, she was awfully jumpy around me. Philip, something is definitely going on with her. Something that worries me.
JUDITH’S PENTHOUSE - LIVING ROOM

Judith is sitting down on her couch. She is looking through photos of Jennifer’s notes on the investigation on her cell phone. Then, there is a knock at the door. Judith turns off her cell phone, sets it on the coffee table, and walks to the door.


JUDITH: (opening the door) Ava. Hey, sis. What on earth is going on with you? You look very flushed and pale right now.


AVA: I had a feeling you would say something like that.

Ava moves passed Judith and enters the penthouse. Judith shuts the door, turns around, and walks over to Ava. Ava sets her purse down.

JUDITH: What’s going on?

AVA: I don’t know what to do anymore. I’m going insane over this whole Keith thing. I can’t take it anymore, Judith! That’s why I had to take action right away!

JUDITH: What do you mean by ‘action’?

Ava reaches into her purse and pulls out the gun she bought.

AVA: I bought a gun today.

Judith looks at Ava, shocked by what she has done.
AMY & MIMI’S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM

Amy and Mimi are sitting on the couch. They have files scattered on the coffee table. And, they are both drinking a cup of coffee.

Related image
AMY: There is not enough coffee in the world that can keep us up all through tonight to study all this adoption information. It’s insane what they expect potential parents to go through.


MIMI: It’s true that there’s a lot of hoops that we’re gonna have to jump through. But, I know that deep down, we’ll be okay. The agency is giving us a home visit. That is a sign. A good one in fact.

AMY: I guess it does mean that things are moving at a good pace for us.

MIMI: They are. (standing/grabbing mugs) Now, do you want cream and sugar?

AMY: You know how I like it.

MIMI: I thought you just might want to try something different for once.

AMY: Black coffee is the way to go.

MIMI: You sound just like your dad.

AMY: (laughs) Thanks.

Just as Mimi is about to walk away, there’s a knock at the door.

MIMI: Who could that be at this hour?

Mimi sets the mugs down on the table and walks over to the door. Upon opening the door, she doesn’t see anyone standing out in the hall. She does look down, however, and sees a baby gift basket filled with items a newborn would need (outfits, diapers, bottles, etc.) Amy comes up behind her.

AMY: What’s going on?

MIMI: I’m not sure. Someone just left this baby gift basket at our door.

Mimi picks up the basket and brings it inside. She kicks the door shut with her right foot. She and Amy walk over to the couch. Mimi sets the basket down next to the mugs.

AMY: Is there a card anywhere?

MIMI: No. Not a single card in sight. I don’t need one though. I can probably take a pretty good stab at who sent this to us.

AMY: Who do you think it was?

MIMI: Isn’t it obvious? Veronica.

Back at Philip’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Philip leans forward.

PHILIP: If my mom was acting strange, I wouldn’t read too much into it.

JENNIFER: Oh yeah? Why do you say that?

PHILIP: She’s got a lot on her plate right now. My uncle is back in town. She’s not sure what is really going on with my aunt Ava. And, she and my dad are still in limbo when it comes to how they really feel about each other.

JENNIFER: I thought your parents wanted that divorce to be the final straw in the overall relationship. Has something changed?

PHILIP: I think so. I think they’re growing closer. I can’t believe I’m saying this. But, I think the divorce has actually done them some good.

JENNIFER: Some couples do counseling. Your parents do a divorce and then decide that it can heal all of their problems.

PHILIP: Life works in mysterious ways.

JENNIFER: Yes, it does. Anyway, what were you looking at before I walked in? It seemed like it was taking up all your attention.

PHILIP: That’s because it was. I guess I can tell you what I was looking at. I wasn’t going to tell you for the next couple of weeks though.

JENNIFER: What do you mean? I’m a little confused.

PHILIP: I am finalizing our wedding present. Well, my wedding present to you.

JENNIFER: So, whatever is on your iPAD is a gift for me?

PHILIP: A picture of said gift, yes.

JENNIFER: Interesting.

PHILIP: Don’t even think about snooping.

JENNIFER: (laughs) I won’t. I promise. I love surprises.

PHILIP: (leaning closer to Jennifer) I know that you do.

Philip and Jennifer kiss again.

Back at The Painted Dock, in the Dining Area, Michael, Kimberly, Stuart, and Quentin are now sitting together. They each have a glass of red wine in front of them.

QUENTIN: That appetizer was absolutely phenomenal.

KIMBERLY: I agree. Those seared scallops are to die for.

MICHAEL: They were okay.

KIMBERLY: Are you insane, brother?

MICHAEL: I’ve had better.

STUART: Kimberly’s right, you’re insane.

MICHAEL: Maybe we can get the doctors to give us padded cells right next to one another. I wouldn’t want to be in an institution without you.

STUART: You mean it, Mikey?

MICHAEL: Of course.

Kimberly and Quentin look at one another, realizing the tension.

QUENTIN: Kimberly, I love the song playing right now. Would you (standing) do me the honor of dancing with me? Far away from this table.

KIMBERLY: (standing) Gladly.

Kimberly and Quentin walk off and begin dancing.

MICHAEL: Tell your brother to keep his claws out of my sister.

STUART: Tell your sister not to dress like she’s trying to bait every man in this room. Then, maybe my brother won’t instantly want her.

MICHAEL: You’re a piece of work.

STUART: Takes one to know one.

Before Michael can say another word, Stuart’s phone begins to ring. He retrieves his phone from the breast pocket of his suit jacket. He takes the call right away.

STUART: (on the phone) Judith? What’s going on? Did you just say that she...okay...don’t worry. I’m on my way. I’ll be there in 10. Bye.

Stuart hangs up his phone and stands.

MICHAEL: Everything okay?

STUART: Don’t act like you really care. Tell my brother that I had to take care of a family emergency. Nice hanging out with you, Mike. Let’s do it again sometime.

MICHAEL: Don’t count on it.

Stuart walks off. Michael leans back in his chair and takes a sip of his wine.

Back at the Whitmore Penthouse, in the Living Room, Ava stuffs the gun back in her purse and then tosses her purse aside. Judith moves closer to her sister.

JUDITH: Ava, I know you’re scared. I know you’re stressed. But, this is so unlike you. Do you even know how to shoot a gun?

AVA: I’ve got that all taken care of.

JUDITH: Honey, you cannot keep that thing. You cannot run around town with a pistol in your purse. What if you mistake someone for Keith and use that gun against an innocent man?

AVA: I’m not crazy. I know how to use it. I know how to be careful.

JUDITH: I didn’t say you were crazy. You are just not acting like yourself. You’re scaring me. Stuart and I are protecting you. We have everything handled. We will not let Keith even come an inch in front of you.

AVA: That’s ludicrous. Don’t you get it?! He can come for me anytime he wants! He will stop at nothing till I am back in his grip! He will stop at nothing until I am dead! He abused me for months! He made me feel worthless! But, don’t you see? He didn’t complete his mission. He didn’t complete the part where he beats me to the point where I’m in a wooden box, six feet under the ground. That’s why he followed me to Thorne Hill. To finish me off.

JUDITH: Don’t you dare say something like that!

AVA: It’s the truth!

As Ava and Judith continue to argue, the camera pans to the window. Outside, a black sedan is parked across the street. Keith can be seen using high tech audio/recording equipment through his car window.


KEITH: (voice over) That’s it. Fight. Give me the power.

Back at Amy and Mimi’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Mimi reenters the living room. She has just come from the kitchen. Amy walks over to her.

MIMI: I tossed that gift basket down the garbage chute. I don’t want anything to do with Veronica. And, I certainly don’t want her having anything to do with our baby.

AMY: Good for you. I just don’t know when she’s going to get the message that we don’t need or want her in our lives. This whole “apologize-to-my-ex-girlfriend” tour she’s going on needs to stop. Can’t she just write a song about you like Taylor Swift and move on?

MIMI: I don’t know what to do about her. She’s obviously not leaving town. She has ties here with her new found siblings. Thank God her mother didn’t follow her. I don’t think I could’ve put up with the both of them.

AMY: Is her mom really that bad?

MIMI: Worse. Doreen would do anything for her daughter. She might even kill for Veronica. Their relationship is so toxic. It goes way beyond a normal mother/daughter bond.

AMY: Veronica seems very toxic on her own.

MIMI: You got that right.

AMY: If she knows what’s good for her…

MIMI: She’ll stay out of our lives.

AMY: Bingo.

Back at the Whitmore Penthouse, in the Living Room, Ava is asleep on the couch. As Judith covers her up with a white blanket, there is a knock at the door. Judith rushes to the door and opens it.

JUDITH: Thank God you’re here.

STUART: Sorry it took me about ten more minutes to get here. Traffic is all backed up downtown from the opening of The Painted Dock.

JUDITH: Yeah. That’s great.

Judith slips out quietly into the hall. She leaves the door slightly open. As she steps out into the hallway, the camera quickly cuts to the window in the hall and reveals that Keith is still listening closely.

30TH FLOOR - HALLWAY

STUART: How is she?

JUDITH: Better. I gave her a sleeping pill. Before that, however, she was hysterical. This whole Keith thing is finally getting to her. And, it’s getting to me too. I know he’s a threat. However, I can’t let her get a sense of how I feel. Not for a second.

STUART: We have a lot of threats lately.

JUDITH: Yes, we do. Speaking of threats, I saw Jennifer today.

STUART: How is she?

JUDITH: Good. Seeing her, however, made a thought run across my mind about these sticky situations that we are currently in.

STUART: What was your thought?

JUDITH: We need to eliminate one of these issues. Since I don’t feel like having anyone connected to our son run down again, that means we need to eliminate Keith.

STUART: What do you suggest we do?

JUDITH: I suggest you eliminate him.

STUART: You really want to go down this road again?

JUDITH: It’s the only way.

STUART: No!

JUDITH: Stuart…

STUART: I said ‘no,’ dammit!

JUDITH: If you don’t eliminate him, I will.

STUART: You are not doing that, Judith.

JUDITH: Yes, I am! I have to!

STUART: No! I will not let you do that! I will not let you put yourself in that situation again! Dammit! Why don’t you ever listen to me?! I’m trying to protect you! I’m trying to get you to see some…

Stuart begins to slow down a little. All of the yelling has made him feel something strange throughout his whole body.

JUDITH: Stuart, are you okay?

STUART: I don’t know. I feel strange.

JUDITH: How so?

STUART: My heart’s racing.

JUDITH: Okay. You need to sit down.

STUART: I’m fine.

JUDITH: No, you’re not. Clearly all this yelling made your heart go out of control. Come on. I’ll take you in the penthouse and we’ll calm you down.

STUART: Okay fine. I’ll…

Just as Stuart begins to walk towards the door, he collapses to the ground.

JUDITH: Oh my god! Stuart!

Judith kneels down quickly by his side.

JUDITH: Stuart! (grabbing his shoulders) Stuart! Wake up!

The screen fades out and in.

KEITH’S CAR

Keith is packing up his audio/recording equipment.

KEITH: So, Judith and Stuart got their son ran down by a car? Interesting. And, have they taken someone out before? Oh, the secrets they have.

Keith drives off, laughing devilishly.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 52***

No comments:

Post a Comment