Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

EPISODE #6

EPISODE 6

Created By: Casey Hutchison
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Casey Hutchison

NEW DAY. MORNING.
WHITMORE MANSION - STUART’S STUDY
Related image

Judith is looking through Stuart’s desk.

Image result for Marcia Gay Harden
JUDITH: Where is that damn photo?

Judith then opens a drawer and finds a wedding photo of her and Stuart. She smiles at the photo and closes the drawer. Then, Philip enters.

Image result for Robert Adamson
PHILIP: Hey, mom.

JUDITH: Hello, darling.

PHILIP: What are you doing in here?

Judith comes out from behind the desk and goes to Philip.

JUDITH: I was just looking for a good wedding photo of your father and I to have sent off to an artist in France. I’m getting a portrait commissioned. Anyway, if you are looking for your father, he just left not too long ago.

PHILIP: That’s great. By the way, I was looking for you.

JUDITH: Oh? What do you need?

PHILIP: Your help.

JUDITH: With what?

PHILIP: I need you to call in a few favors.

JUDITH: Concerning…?

PHILIP: The murder of Jennifer’s parents. Initially, my girlfriend didn’t want me to come to you and dad. But, I feel that it is now necessary. Now, I know finances are tight at the moment. But, I’m sure we’ve racked up a few favors over the years.

JUDITH: Philip, this murder investigation has been going on for so long now. How come you are just coming to your father and I?

PHILIP: (sighs) Last night, Jennifer called me to her home. She asked me if I murdered her parents. I told her that I didn’t. In fact, I told her the truth. Her parents spent their final moments with me. However, I feel as though she still doesn’t believe me. So, I’m doing what I can to prove to her that I didn’t commit this heinous crime. So, will you help me?

JUDITH: No, my darling. I will not. And, I’m sure your father won’t either.

PHILIP: What do you mean? Why not?

JUDITH: I simply can’t.

PHILIP: Alright. You’re gonna have to help me here. I am not understanding this whole thing. What is going on in your life...and in dad’s life, to where you can’t help me solve this mystery? And, I want the truth.
JACKSON FAMILY HOME - KITCHEN
Related image

Jennifer is sitting at the table. She is drinking a cup of coffee and is typing on her laptop. Then, Andrea enters. Andrea goes to the fridge and grabs a bottle of fruit juice. She then goes to the table. Andrea sits across from Jennifer.

Image result for ANdrea Bowen
ANDREA: Good morning.

Image result for Paige Hurd
JENNIFER: Hey. Morning. I’m surprised to see you home.

ANDREA: Oh yeah? Why is that?

JENNIFER: Well, you're a doctor.

ANDREA: (laughs) Today is one of those rare days off.

JENNIFER: Oh. I see. I wish I could have one of those days. But, today, I am awfully busy. I’ve kind of neglected my online boutique lately.

ANDREA: Speaking of your online boutique, I have an idea on how you can grow your business’ popularity. Wanna hear it?
GRAND PIANO - DINING AREA
Related image

Amy is sitting at a table. She is eating a fruit salad and drinking a cup of coffee. She is also looking through a bridal magazine. She comes to a mermaid dress and smiles. Then, Stuart walks up to her.

Image result for matthew ashford
STUART: Good morning.

Related image
AMY: (looking up) Morning, dad. Please, sit down.

Stuart sits down across from Amy. Amy closes her magazine.

STUART: I see that you’re looking through bridal magazines. Besides picking out a dress, how is the rest of the planning going?

AMY: Good. Really good. I just can’t believe how close it’s getting to the big day.

STUART: Are you nervous yet?

AMY: (awkward laugh) Nervous would be an understatement for how I feel.
ANDERSON MANUFACTURING - CEO OFFICE
Image result for executive office

Lindsay is sitting behind her desk. She is looking over contracts. She is also signing parts of them. Then, there is a knock at the door.

Image result for Julie Marie Berman
LINDSAY: Come in!

Image result for Clayton Norcross
MICHAEL: (entering/shutting door) Hello, princess.

LINDSAY: (looking up) Hey, dad. Now, I have to admit, this is a lovely surprise. What brings you by the office this morning?

MICHAEL: Well, I wanted to speak with you about something that is pretty important. Something that has been weighing on my mind.

LINDSAY: Well, take a seat. And, it’s your lucky day. I’ve got some time before I have to meet with Austin Dillon’s team. I am so close to landing the Dillon account. Gosh, if I do, the parts this company manufactures…

MICHAEL: Lindsay, I’m proud of your accomplishments. But, I don’t really have all day to discuss them with you. I’m sorry.

Lindsay stands and comes out from behind her desk.

LINDSAY: That’s fine. Dad, is everything okay?

MICHAEL: Everything’s fine. I’m just not so sure that you will think the same way I do after you hear what I have to say.

LINDSAY: Okay. Go ahead and cut to the chase. What’s going on?

MICHAEL: Last night, I made a decision about the company.

LINDSAY: You did? What decision did you make?

MICHAEL: This week will be your last as CEO of this company.

LINDSAY: What the hell did you just say to me?

Back at the Jackson Family Home, in the Living Room, Jennifer takes a sip of her coffee. She then sets her mug down across from her on the table.

JENNIFER: You really have me intrigued. What’s your idea?

ANDREA: Well, there is this patient of mine. You may know her just by me saying her name. Her name is Laura Hughes.

JENNIFER: Laura Hughes? As in the fashion designer?

ANDREA: You bet. Anyway, I was telling her that you run your own online boutique. See, she’s been looking for a place to carry her new line exclusively. Anyway, she gave me her card. She would like you to call her and speak with her about possibly carrying her line. I’ll give the card to you, if you want to explore this option.

JENNIFER: Of course I’d like to explore this option. Andrea, I can’t thank you enough for you telling her about me. That means so much to me. Thank you so much.

ANDREA: My pleasure. Anyway, let me go ahead and grab that card from my purse.

Andrea smiles and gets up from the table. She then walks off. Jennifer shuts her laptop and leans back in her chair.

JENNIFER: It would appear as though some things are starting to finally look up for me around here. It is about damn time.

Back at the Whitmore Mansion, in Stuart’s Study, Judith leans on the desk.

PHILIP: Honestly, why can’t you help me?

JUDITH: Because, (sighs) this whole financial instability thing is really throwing this family for a loop. And, I don’t want to call in a favor at the risk of having to grant a favor in the future…

PHILIP: That requires giving cash to someone.

JUDITH: Exactly.

PHILIP: I get it, mom. I do.

JUDITH: I would really love to help though. And, I know your father would like to help too. But, at the moment, we just can’t.

PHILIP: Okay. Thanks for being honest with me. Anyway, I’ve gotta go. There are some people that I have to meet up with to close a deal.

JUDITH: Seya later.

PHILIP: Sounds good.

Philip exits. Then, Judith walks over to the office phone. She picks it up, dials, and puts it to her ear. After a couple of seconds, she hears a beeping noise.

JUDITH: Stuart, it’s me. Look, Philip just asked for help concerning the murder investigation of Jennifer and Joshua’s parents. I blew him off. But, I don’t think I can hold him for long. Look, we can’t let him figure out what we did. In fact, we can’t let anyone figure out what we did. Just come home as soon as possible so we can talk strategy.

Judith hangs up the phone and sighs.

Back at the Grand Piano, in the Dining Area, Amy puts her bridal magazine in her purse. She then turns around in her chair.

STUART: You can tell me, honey. What’s making your nerves boil over?

AMY: I know it might sound funny, but I feel like everything is just moving too fast. I feel like I have all these things to do…

STUART: And, not enough time to do them. I get it.

AMY: You’re exactly right. And, I just can’t shake this feeling. And, I don’t want my big day to be ruined because of this feeling.

STUART: Amy, I’m going to give you a very good piece of advice. I just hope that you can take this advice and use it in your own life. So, here it goes. Just breathe. I know it may sound easier said than done. But, you can do it. When things get too chaotic, just drop what you are doing…

AMY: And breathe.

STUART: You got it.

Back at Anderson Manufacturing, in the CEO Office, Lindsay takes a deep breath.

LINDSAY: Okay. Please tell me I am dreaming. Or, better yet, tell me this is some kind of joke. Is that it? Are you trying to crack a joke?

MICHAEL: Lindsay, this is not a joke. And, it isn’t a dream either. This is really happening. I’m sorry if that hurts you.

LINDSAY: Please, don’t start with the I’m-sorry-routine. I don’t know if I can take that right now. All I need you to do is answer a burning question that I have.

MICHAEL: I’ll answer anything.

LINDSAY: Who’s my replacement?

MICHAEL: I don’t think you want to know.

LINDSAY: I think I do.

MICHAEL: Cynthia will be replacing you.

The anger builds in Lindsay as she picks up a vase and throws it.

MICHAEL: Lindsay!

LINDSAY: Damn you! Don’t you see that she is toxic! Don’t you see that she is bad for this family? Dad, do not do this. I am begging you. Please, do not remove me as CEO of this company.

MICHAEL: It has already been done!

LINDSAY: Come on! I’ll do anything! What do you want me to do? Uh? Do you want me to get down on my hands and knees and beg you not to let me go? I will do anything. Anything.

MICHAEL: Don’t make this harder than it has to be. I love you. I really do. But, I feel that this is the right decision.

Michael begins to walk out of the office. Lindsay then walks over to her office phone. She picks it up, dials, and puts it to her ear.

LINDSAY: Cynthia, it’s me. Lindsay. Look, I need you to come upstairs to my office ASAP. We need to have a little chat.

Lindsay slams the phone down on the hook.

LINDSAY: That bitch will not win! I won’t let her!
JACKSON FAMILY HOME - LIVING ROOM
Image result for simple living room with fireplace

Jennifer is sitting on the couch. She is typing on her computer. Andrea is no longer at the home. Then, there is a knock at the back door. Jennifer stands and goes to the door.

JENNIFER: (opening the door) Philip.

PHILIP: Hi, Jennifer.

JENNIFER: (stern) What are you doing here?

PHILIP: I needed to see you.

JENNIFER: About…?

PHILIP: This is about your parents.

JENNIFER: What about them?

PHILIP: I’m pretty sure I can help you find their murderer.

JENNIFER: How so?

PHILIP: Well, if you invite me in…

JENNIFER: I have a meeting to get to today. So…

PHILIP: Jennifer, I know it may be hard to trust me right now. But, I am really trying to make things up to you. And, I promise you that I have a damn good strategy for finding the person who murdered your parents.

JENNIFER: My brother could come home at anytime. And, he knows everything that has gone down between us. So, you aren’t exactly his favorite person right now.

PHILIP: I don’t care about that.

JENNIFER: You sure?

PHILIP: Yeah. I’m sure.

JENNIFER: (sighs) I hope that I don’t regret this.

PHILIP: You won’t. I promise.

Philip moves past Jennifer and enters the home. Jennifer shuts the door. She then turns around and walks over to Philip.

Back at Anderson Manufacturing, in the CEO Office, Lindsay is sitting behind the desk. Her chair is not facing the door. A couple of seconds later, Cynthia enters.

CYNTHIA: Lindsay…?

Lindsay turns around in her chair.

LINDSAY: Hello, Cynthia. I’ve been expecting you.
WHITMORE MANSION - LIVING ROOM
Related image

Judith is sitting on the couch. Stuart enters. Judith stands and goes to him.

STUART: I would’ve rushed home a long time ago. However, I didn’t see that you left me a message till a little bit ago.

JUDITH: That’s fine. I don’t care about that. That doesn’t matter. All that matters is that you are here now. We have a lot to discuss.

STUART: I got that from your message. Anyway, what does our son know?

JUDITH: Nothing at the moment.

STUART: Judith…

JUDITH: I know that he’ll know something more soon.

STUART: Why do you say that?

JUDITH: Because, he wants to investigate the murder of Jennifer’s parents. If he hires the right person for the job, he could get results very quickly. We can’t take any chances. Our freedom is at stake here.

STUART: I know that. I’ll take care of everything.

JUDITH: How? What will be your first move?

STUART: I’m going to make sure that everyone who is potentially in line to help our son refuses to do just that.

JUDITH: Do you think that will work for now?

STUART: Here’s hoping.

Back at Anderson Manufacturing, in the CEO Office, Lindsay stands up from her chair and walks over to Cynthia.

CYNTHIA: I assume that Michael filled you in on everything.

LINDSAY: You would assume correctly.

CYNTHIA: Lindsay, it is...and never has been...my intention to cause you pain. I just know what is best for this company.

LINDSAY: Like hell.

Lindsay gets closer to Cynthia.

CYNTHIA: I am just trying to show your father that I get this company. I am trying to show him that I am the best person for this job.

LINDSAY: Are you kidding? Cynthia, since my junior year of high school, my dad has been grooming me to carry on his legacy. You’ve only been married to him for like five minutes. You don’t know the ins and outs of this company. But, I do. And, don’t think for one second that I don’t know what you’re doing.

CYNTHIA: What do you mean?

LINDSAY: You’re trying to get me out of my father’s life. You want him to kick me to the curb, so you can have him all to yourself. Well, I’ve got a newsflash for you, cupcake. You will do no such thing.

CYNTHIA: What makes you think I haven’t already?

Lindsay slaps Cynthia! As Cynthia holds her cheek, Michael enters.

MICHAEL: What in the world is going on here?

LINDSAY: Dad.

CYNTHIA: Michael.

MICHAEL: Again, I will ask. What the hell is going on in this office? Someone better start telling me the truth. Now!

The camera cuts to all of them and zooms in on an angry Michael.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 6***

No comments:

Post a Comment