Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

EPISODE #12

EPISODE 12


Created By: Casey Hutchison
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Casey Hutchison

SAME DAY. NIGHT.
MEMORIAL HOSPITAL - 5TH FLOOR
Image result for hospital reception

Andrea is standing by the main desk. She is filling out the rest of a patient’s chart. Then, Joshua walks up to her.

Related image
JOSHUA: Good evening.

Image result for ANdrea Bowen
ANDREA: Hello.

JOSHUA: I just got your text. What’s up?

ANDREA: First of all, I’m sorry if I pulled you away from something important. But, I really needed to see you.

JOSHUA: Honey, you’re fine. What’s going on?

ANDREA: I had a meeting with the head of the board today.
WHITMORE MANSION - STUART’S STUDY
Related image

Stuart is sitting behind his desk. Michael is sitting across from him. On top of the desk are multiple contracts.

Image result for matthew ashford
STUART: So, do we have a deal?

Image result for Clayton Norcross
MICHAEL: Well, you are selling these hotels at a very reasonable price. I don’t know how I could refuse.

STUART: Is that a yes?

MICHAEL: (sighs) Not exactly.
MARTIN’S BAR
Related image

Thomas is sitting at a corner booth. He is drinking a beer. In front of him is the file that contains the information on Cynthia. Then, Lindsay enters and goes to him.

Image result for Julie Marie Berman
LINDSAY: (sitting down) Hello.

Image result for blake hood
THOMAS: Hi.

LINDSAY: You will not believe the day I’ve had.

THOMAS: Yeah. Same here. How’d your meeting with Judith go?

LINDSAY: I didn’t end up meeting with her. Dad and I met and he told me everything that revolves around the photograph. But, I’ll tell you about that later.
By the way, what’s with the file?

THOMAS: I don’t think you wanna know.

LINDSAY: Is it something about Cynthia?

THOMAS: Yes.

LINDSAY: Okay. What’d you find out?

THOMAS: I found out something unexpected. And, I’m just not so sure what to make of it all. And, I’m also not so sure how to tell anyone about it.
PHILIP’S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM
Related image

Jennifer is standing over by the couch. Philip is standing over by the door. Philip shuts the door and walks back over to Jennifer.

Image result for Robert Adamson
PHILIP: Well, that meeting was eventful.

Image result for Paige Hurd
JENNIFER: Thank you, by the way. I don’t think that I’ve said that enough. You’ve done so much for my brother and I...in just one day.

PHILIP: You don’t have to thank me. It is my absolute pleasure to help you out, Jennifer. I really do mean that.

JENNIFER: Well, I better get over to the hospital (grabbing her purse) before it gets too late. I’m sure that Joshua would love to be filled in on what Greg found.

Jennifer goes to the door. Philip walks over to her.

PHILIP: Um…, before you go, can we talk?

JENNIFER: Talk about what?

PHILIP: Where we stand.

Back at Memorial Hospital, on the 5th Floor, Andrea closes the chart she was filling out. She also clicks her pen and puts in on top of the chart.

JOSHUA: Well, don’t keep me in all of this suspense. How did the meeting go with the head of the board today?

ANDREA: It went very well. In fact, Mr. Smith would like to schedule another meeting with me. This meeting was just one to discuss my achievements.

JOSHUA: It looks like you are about to get the most coveted position at any hospital. Congratulations.

ANDREA: Well, I wouldn’t start popping the champagne corks quite yet. There’s no guarantee that I’ll get the position. And, trust me, I know for a fact that I have got some stiff competition.

JOSHUA: Stiff competition? Who’s else are they looking at?

ANDREA: You.

Back at the Whitmore Mansion, in Stuart’s Study, Stuart stacks up all the contracts and lets out a deep breath.

STUART: Why aren’t you ready to close this deal?

MICHAEL: Well, I need to know more.

STUART: I’ll disclose anything. What’s up?

MICHAEL: Now, I know you want to save your family. Hell, that is why I gave you that check. But, why are you willing to sell eight of your hotels? These hotels are your life. Selling one of them must be like losing a child.

STUART: Michael, you know me. I don’t usually get vulnerable around people. But, maybe it is time. Truthfully, I am getting desperate. I just want to save my family. I just want all of us to feel comfortable in our skin again.

MICHAEL: You are very brave, Stuart. You truly are. I can’t even begin to imagine how hard this is for you to sell these hotels.

STUART: It is hard. Very. But, if I can save my family by making this one deal with you, then I will do it.

MICHAEL: Alright. Well, let’s sign on the dotted lines.

STUART: Lets.
MEMORIAL HOSPITAL - HALLWAY
Related image

Andrea and Joshua are walking down the hallway.

JOSHUA: I can’t believe they’re considering me. I’m shocked.

ANDREA: Honey, you’re an excellent doctor. You’re one of the best this hospital has to offer. And, I am not just saying that because I’m your wife. I mean it.

JOSHUA: That’s sweet of you. And, the same can be said for you.

ANDREA: Look, only one of us can walk away from this competition with the title. But, I don’t care who gets it. If you get it, I’ll be happy for you.

JOSHUA: Same here.

ANDREA: (sighs) Do you want to leave this place and get a drink?

JOSHUA: A drink with my wife after a long day? I’d love nothing better.

ANDREA: Great. I’ll go grab my purse and hang up my lab coat. Meet me at the elevator in ten minutes?

JOSHUA: Sounds good to me.

ANDREA: I love you.

Andrea and Joshua kiss.

JOSHUA: I love you too.

Back at Philip’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Philip and Jennifer are now a couple steps away from one another.

JENNIFER: I feel like us airing our true feelings for one another is going to take more than just one conversation.

PHILIP: No doubt about that. But, this conversation is the first stepping stone to getting things back on track. That is if you want to talk.

JENNIFER: Sure. We can talk. (sighs) Where should we start?

PHILIP: How about we start with our obvious attraction for one another? Ever since high school, I have made it a mission of mine to be by your side.

JENNIFER: (laughs) Do you remember when you wrote me that love letter in Freshman biology class?

PHILIP: Of course I do.

JENNIFER: To this day, I still have it.

PHILIP: Are you serious?

JENNIFER: You bet I am. I held onto it because I feel that it is the first time you admitted your true feelings for me.

PHILIP: I guess it was. Too bad you turned me down then. That Bobby Robinson kid already held the key to your heart.

JENNIFER: Yes, he did.

PHILIP: When we graduated high school, a lot of things changed. You and Bobby broke up. I moved to Michigan for college.

JENNIFER: But, we found our way back to one another.

PHILIP: Yes. We did. When I returned home from college, getting to know you all over again was so amazing. I got so lucky when you decided to go out with me.

JENNIFER: My mom always taught me to never turn down a handsome guy who wants to buy you a fancy dinner.

PHILIP: That’s a good tip.

JENNIFER: We always manage to end up back with one another.

PHILIP: Quick question for you. Do you think it’s still possible for us to find out way back to one another again? Even after all that’s happened?

JENNIFER: Truthfully…, I don’t know.

Back at Martin’s Bar, Lindsay has a glass of wine in front of her.

LINDSAY: Thomas, I’ve sat with you for a very long time now. You’ve had two beers. I’ve had two glasses of wine. I’ve even told you what dad told me about the affair he had with Judith.

THOMAS: I still can’t believe dad.

LINDSAY: We can worry about him later. Look, why are you not telling me what is in that file? Come on! Tell me! This is evidence against Cynthia, Thomas. And, according to the look on your face, it would appear as though whatever is in that file could get her out of our lives for good.

THOMAS: It most certainly could get the job done.

LINDSAY: Okay then. Well, go on. Tell me. Now.

Back at Philip’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Jennifer and Philip are now a bit closer to one another. They are definitely getting more intimate.

PHILIP: Being apart from you for these past two weeks has been absolute hell for me. I’ve missed you so much.

JENNIFER: Philip, you know why I had to spend time apart from you.

PHILIP: Yeah. I get it. I know. I did something terrible to you. You didn’t deserve what I did to you. You deserved to know everything about that night.

JENNIFER: Well, you aren’t the only one not telling me every little detail about that night. If everyone just came forward with the truth, it would make this investigation a lot easier.

PHILIP: I bet. In fact, that is exactly why I’m helping you. I want to help you put all the pieces in this great big puzzle together.

JENNIFER: Like I said before, I’m grateful that you are helping Josh and I out. And, I really do mean that.

PHILIP: Hey, on a quick side note, I have an idea.

JENNIFER: Do you now? What is this idea?

PHILIP: Why don’t we go out one night? It will just be me and you conquering the town of Thorne Hill together. Plus, this night out will give us a lot of time to talk. What do you say?

JENNIFER: Okay. Sure. Yeah. I’ll go out with you.

Philip and Jennifer smile at one another.

Back at Martin’s Bar, Thomas takes a sip of his beer.

LINDSAY: Thomas, come on!

THOMAS: Okay. But, you are looking at the contents of this file at your own risk. You just remember that when you open it up.

LINDSAY: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Just give me the damn file.

Thomas slides the file over to Lindsay. Lindsay picks up the file, opens it, and begins to read the contents.

THOMAS: I brought coffee to the police station for Becky. While I was there, I had her do a full background check on Cynthia. Just when I thought we weren’t going to come across anything, we found something quite shocking.

Lindsay then turns the page.

LINDSAY: Oh my god. Is this for real?

THOMAS: Yeah. It is. All of it is real.

LINDSAY: I honestly didn’t think Cynthia had a murderous bone in her body. I know she’s a little bit of a psycho, but I just did not expect this.

THOMAS: Same here.

LINDSAY: What do you plan on doing with this info?

THOMAS: I was kinda waiting for your opinion.

LINDSAY: Okay. I don’t think dad should know about this quite yet.

THOMAS: Really?

LINDSAY: Yeah. We need to confront Cynthia about this first. I’m just not so sure when we should do it.

THOMAS: I’m not sure either.

LINDSAY: You know what? I’ll give her a call tomorrow. We can meet up and talk this whole thing out.

THOMAS: You sure you want to go alone?

LINDSAY: Yeah. I will. Leave it to me to ruin that bitch once and for all.

Lindsay takes a sip of her wine and smiles, as she does take her drink. The camera zooms in on her.
WHITMORE MANSION - FOYER
Related image

Judith comes down the stairs. She is now in her pajamas. As she is about to walk into the living room, there is a knock at the door. She lets out a sigh and walks to the door.

JUDITH: (opening the door) Michael, what are you doing here?

MICHAEL: I need to talk to you. I was just waiting till it was late enough. I didn’t want Stuart to be awake to hear us talking.

JUDITH: What do we need to talk about?

MICHAEL: Someone knows.

JUDITH: Knows about what?

MICHAEL: About our affair.

JUDITH: Who?

MICHAEL: Lindsay. And, possibly Thomas.

JUDITH: How the hell would Lindsay know?

MICHAEL: Because, I told her. And, by now, she might’ve passed the news onto Thomas. They share everything.

JUDITH: Why would you tell her in the first place?

MICHAEL: Because, she had every right to know. Plus, she went through my things one day and found an old photo of us. From then on out, I was kind of backed into a corner.

JUDITH: You couldn’t have made up some lame excuse? Come on, I thought you were one of the few smart people left in this world.

MICHAEL: Judith, we were obviously making out in the photo. There was no room to create an excuse that she would believe.

JUDITH: Whatever.

MICHAEL: I just came over here to tell you what happened. That’s all. I think I
should go now. Seya later.

JUDITH: Before you go, I need to say something.

MICHAEL: What do you need to say?

JUDITH: I have to say thank you.

MICHAEL: For what?

JUDITH: For ruining my life. It is only a matter of time before this secret is out for the whole town to know.

MICHAEL: Judith…

JUDITH: Now, you can get the hell off my property.

Judith slams the door in Michael’s face.

JUDITH: Alright, Judith. Put your game face on. You have some serious damage control to do in your life.

The camera zooms in on Judith’s determined expression.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 12***

No comments:

Post a Comment