Pages

Friday, July 13, 2018

EPISODE #10

EPISODE 10


Created By: Casey Hutchison
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Casey Hutchison

NEW DAY. MORNING.
APARTMENT BUILDING - ELEVATOR
Image result for elevator inside

Jennifer and Joshua are riding up in an elevator. They’re on their way to see Philip at his apartment.

Related image
JOSHUA: Are you sure we should be doing this?

Image result for Paige Hurd
JENNIFER: Yes. I’m ready to find out the truth about who killed out parents. And, I’m ready to find out if the killer sent someone to our home to steal my notes on the investigation.

JOSHUA: Oh, and don’t forget the smashed photo.

JENNIFER: How could I?

The elevator doors open. Jennifer and Joshua step off of the elevator. As they walk off, the elevator doors close behind them.
MIMI’S CAFE
Image result for coffee house

Lindsay is sitting at a table. She’s having a cup of coffee and texting someone on her phone. Mimi is wiping down other tables. She then notices Lindsay smiling as she looks down at her photo. Mimi goes to her.

Image result for Kelli Goss
MIMI: Well, well, well, looks like someone is finally enjoying that dating app that they weren’t so sure about.

Image result for Julie Marie Berman
LINDSAY: I guess I am.

Lindsay puts her phone down and Mimi sits across from her.

MIMI: So, what hot guy is putting that smile on your face? Is it the same one that you found the day you joined the service?

LINDSAY: Yes. It’s the same one.

MIMI: What’s his name again?

LINDSAY: Carter Morrison.

MIMI: Have you and this Carter guy nailed down a meeting date yet?

LINDSAY: In fact, we have. We are all set to meet tonight.

MIMI: Are you nervous?

LINDSAY: You bet I am.

MIMI: Well, take a deep breath.

LINDSAY: Well, that’s easier said than done.
ANDERSON MANUFACTURING - CEO OFFICE
Image result for executive office

Cynthia is sitting behind the desk. She is already hard at work. She is looking through files and singing papers. Then, Michael enters.

Image result for Clayton Norcross
MICHAEL: Good morning.

Image result for Melissa Archer
CYNTHIA: (looking up) Well, hello there.

Cynthia gets up and goes to Michael. The two kiss.

MICHAEL: How’s your first day going so far?

CYNTHIA: Just fine. So, what brings you by?

MICHAEL: I need to talk to you. I was going to address this at the house. But, when I woke up, you were already gone.

CYNTHIA: Sorry about that. I just wanted to get a jumpstart on my first day. Anyway, what do you need to talk to me about?

MICHAEL: I was just wondering if you’ve been going through my things.

The camera zooms in on Cynthia. She has a very ‘caught off guard’ expression on her face. She is in complete shocked at Michael’s accusation.
POLICE DEPARTMENT - FRONT OFFICES
Image result for police department offices

Thomas enters the police department. He is holding two to-go coffee cups. He then goes to Becky’s desk. Becky is sitting at her desk, typing on her laptop. Thomas sets the coffee down in front of her.

Related image
BECKY: (looking up) Well, this is a lovely surprise.

Image result for blake hood
THOMAS: I hope I’m not interrupting you.

BECKY: Not at all.

Thomas sits down across from Becky.

BECKY: So, what brings you downtown?

THOMAS: Well, I actually need your help.

BECKY: Really? And, why exactly do you need my help? Let me guess, you’ve got some parking tickets you want me to take care of?

THOMAS: (laughs) No, no, no. I was just wondering if you could do a background check on someone for me.

BECKY: Who do you need a background check ran on?

THOMAS: My new stepmother.
APARTMENT BUILDING - HALLWAY
Image result for apartment building hallway nice

Jennifer and Joshua walk up to Philip’s apartment door. Jennifer takes a deep breath and knocks. A couple seconds later, Philip opens the door.

JENNIFER: Morning.

Image result for Robert Adamson
PHILIP: Morning.

JOSHUA: Hey.

PHILIP: Hi, Josh.

JENNIFER: (sighs) Look, I hope we aren’t interrupting your morning routine. We just came by to discuss what our future moves are going to be in this investigation.

PHILIP: (smiling at Jennifer) Um…, you’re not interrupting my morning at all. Please, come on in.

JOSHUA: Don’t mind if we do.

Joshua brushes pass Philip and enters his apartment. Philip and Jennifer continue to smile on at one another.

PHILIP: You ready to...uh...start...uh...discussing the…

JENNIFER: Yeah. Let’s do it.

Back at Anderson Manufacturing, in the CEO Office, Cynthia walks passed Michael. Then, she turns around.

CYNTHIA: Michael I would never go through your things without permission. Where in the world did you get a crazy idea like this?

MICHAEL: I just noticed that one of my favorite pictures from the past was missing from my safe in our bedroom.

CYNTHIA: That’s just it. I don’t know that combination. You seem very flustered by this. What is really going on here?

MICHAEL: I just had an idea that maybe you…

CYNTHIA: That I what? Look, I love you very much. And, because I love you so much, I expect you to be honest with me. So, if there’s something that you need to say...then say it.

Back at Mimi’s Cafe, Lindsay takes a sip of her coffee. She sets the cup down in front of her. Then, she puts her phone in her purse.

MIMI: So, where are you two going to meet up at?

LINDSAY: He wants to pick me up at my home and then take me to The Grand Piano for dinner.

MIMI: Fancy. What does he do for a living?

LINDSAY: Well, his profile and his text messages say that he is a businessman. He runs his own publishing house. In fact, he says he is ready to move on from that sometime soon.

MIMI: Why the change of career direction?

LINDSAY: Well, I know better than anyone when it is time to move on to something else. Therefore, I don’t think I’ll grill him on his future prospects.

MIMI: Fair enough. So, what else is new?

LINDSAY: Well, there is something else we should discuss.

MIMI: Oh yeah? What’s that?

LINDSAY: Um…, my life may be intersecting with your and Amy’s.

MIMI: What do you mean?

LINDSAY: (sighs) I really don’t know how to tell you this.

Back at the Thorne Hill Police Department, in the Front Offices, Becky and Thomas stand. They both walk over to the filing cabinets.

BECKY: So, why exactly do you think your new step-mother is suspicious enough for you to ask me to run a background check on?

THOMAS: Well, she plays dirty. And, that’s reason enough.

BECKY: How exactly does she play dirty?

THOMAS: She convinced my father to fire my sister from the family company. And, better yet, she also convinced my father to let her takeover Lindsay’s old job.

BECKY: Are you kidding me?

THOMAS: No. It’s reasons like that, that I don’t have a good feeling about this lady. And, I usually have good instincts.

BECKY: I get it. Trust me. I know all about bad feelings. And, if you think that she truly is a bad person, then I’ll check up on her.

THOMAS: And, are you sure I’m not asking too much?

BECKY: Not at all. Don’t even worry about any of that stuff. I’ll take care of this thing for you…, under one condition.

THOMAS: What condition is that?

BECKY: That you take me out for a really nice dinner.

THOMAS: Deal.

Becky and Thomas shake hands and smile at one another.

Back at Philip’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Philip and Jennifer are sitting on the couch. Joshua is pacing. Philip’s laptop is sitting on the coffee table. It is open and turned on.

JENNIFER: Are you sure that this guy you have been emailing can do this computer hacking job for us?

PHILIP: Of course. Greg is a pro. And, he is very discreet.

JOSHUA: (stops pacing) I still think that hacking into the police department’s computer system is a bad idea.

PHILIP: It might be our only shot at uncovering more evidence in the investigation. That is why we need to do this.

JOSHUA: Or, maybe we can just ask someone we know from the police department to grab a file for us.

PHILIP: Oh. Yeah. Sure. Great idea. Ask an officer point blank if you can have a file. Look, (standing) Joshua, if we do it this way, then it is a lot more safe. Greg can make it look like no one ever hacked into the computer system.

JOSHUA: I just think that we should try it my way.

Jennifer stands and goes to Joshua.

JENNIFER: Philip, do you mind giving us a second alone?

PHILIP: Not at all. In fact, I have some business calls to make. I’ll be in my bedroom if you need me.

JENNIFER: Thanks.

Philip walks off.

JOSHUA: Thank god he’s gone.

JENNIFER: Yeah. Thank god. I don’t want him to hear me getting pissed at you. I am ready to go ballistic on you.

JOSHUA: Why?

JENNIFER: Look, I am upset with Philip. I really am. But, he is our only hope right now. So, stop being a baby, and help us catch this killer.

JOSHUA: Are you really upset with him?

JENNIFER: What? What are you talking about? Of course I am.

JOSHUA: You sure about that? Because, when we were standing at the door, it looked to me as though nothing had ever happened. Like he never kept that secret from you.

JENNIFER: Maybe time is healing my wounds. Look, I’m gonna tell you this once, brother. So, I hope you listen good. I love Philip Whitmore. And, we are working through our issues. But, in order for us to fully work through our issues, I need you to stay out of our relationship. So, tell me, can you do that?

Back at Anderson Manufacturing, in the CEO Office, Cynthia goes back over to her desk. She walks behind the desk. She begins to close multiple files and stack them up on top of one another.

CYNTHIA: So, do you have something to say to me?

MICHAEL: No.

CYNTHIA: Are you sure? I’m a big girl. I can take it.

MICHAEL: I don’t have anything to say to you, Cynthia. I’m just trying to find out who went through my things.

CYNTHIA: I understand.

MICHAEL: Do you have any ideas?

CYNTHIA: If I say who I think it is, I think you might get offended. So, I’m just going to keep my guesses to myself.

MICHAEL: You think Lindsay did this. Don’t you?

CYNTHIA: I don't know for certain if she did this. And, I don’t want to jump to any conclusions. But, maybe it is a theory worth looking into.

MICHAEL: Maybe you’re right.

CYNTHIA: Honestly, I hope that I’m wrong. I really hope that Lindsay didn’t go through your things.

MICHAEL: It’s sweet of you to still think the best of her.

CYNTHIA: Well, we are a family. And, I truly want to see the good in her, Michael. You can trust me on that one.

MICHAEL: I really don’t know how you two don’t get along. You have been so sweet to her since day one.

CYNTHIA: (going to Michael) Thank you for saying that. I’m glad you see that I am trying to be friends with her. I love you, honey.

MICHAEL: I love you too.

Cynthia and Michael kiss one another. Coming off of the kiss, Michael looks down at his watch. He then begins to collect himself.

MICHAEL: Well, I better be going.

CYNTHIA: Oh?

MICHAEL: I have a hospital board meeting to get to.

CYNTHIA: Good luck.

MICHAEL: You too. Seya later.

CYNTHIA: Seya.

Michael exits, shutting the door behind him.

CYNTHIA: I know that scheming vixen ransacked our room. I’m going to get her back for this one. But, first, I need to find out why Lindsay stealing a photo from Michael’s safe has him so flustered.

Back at Mimi’s Cafe, Lindsay gets the picture of Michael and Judith out from her purse. She hands the photo over to Mimi.

MIMI: I don’t get it. What exactly am I look at here?

LINDSAY: That’d be a picture of Michael and Judith kissing.

MIMI: Yeah. I can see that. I’m just not sure why they’re kissing.

LINDSAY: I’m not sure wither. But, I plan to get some answers soon.

MIMI: How?

LINDSAY: I plan to confront Judith.

MIMI: Does your dad even know you have this photo?

LINDSAY: No. And, Amy can’t know about this photo being in my possession either. At least until I get some answers.

MIMI: Lindsay, Amy and I are getting very close to our wedding day. I don’t think now is the time to keep secrets. I don’t know if I can go through with what you’re asking me to do.

LINDSAY: Mimi, I’m your maid of honor and your best friend. I would never steer you in the wrong direction. I am just asking for some time.

MIMI: It just seems very risky for me to keep a secret this big from my soon-to-be-wife. And, guess what, her mother is invited to the wedding. This is going to be so awkward for me.

LINDSAY: Mimi, please. Just give me some time. This does not only involve your future mother-in-law. It also involves my father. I have to get to the bottom of this. Will you let me do that?

MIMI: Fine. I guess.

LINDSAY: I promise you that I’ll solve this whole thing very soon.

MIMI: I hope that you do get it solved very soon.

LINDSAY: I know this won’t be easy for you. But, the payoff will come soon. I know that it will.

MIMI: It better.

Mimi gets up from the table and walks off. Lindsay looks on at her. She is clearly caught between a rock and a hard place.

Back at Philip’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Jennifer and Joshua are standing face-to-face. Jennifer has her arms crossed.

JENNIFER: Come on. I ask very little of you. Just do this one thing for me. Just stay out of my relationship.

JOSHUA: I will.

JENNIFER: Can you promise me that?

JOSHUA: I promise.

JENNIFER: You better mean it.
Then, Philip reenters the room.

PHILIP: Am I interrupting?

Jennifer and Joshua turns to face Philip.

JENNIFER: No. You’re fine.

PHILIP: So, are we ready to get back to planning a strategy?

JENNIFER: I think that we are.

JOSHUA: Wait a second. Before we start back up again, there is something that I need to say to you, Philip.

PHILIP: Okay. What’s up?

JOSHUA: I was a jerk earlier. I’m sorry. This investigation has got my head packed full with emotions I can’t really process. And, I took those emotions out on you, Philip. So, I’m sorry. And, thanks for your help.

PHILIP: That was really cool of you to apologize. Thanks. And, I’m happy to help out with this whole thing.

Philip walks back over to the couch. Jennifer gets closer to Joshua.

JENNIFER: (whispering to Joshua) Thank you for doing that.

Jennifer walks back over to Philip.

Back at the Thorne Hill Police Department, in the Front Offices, Becky is sitting behind her desk. Thomas is sitting across from her. Becky is typing on her computer.

THOMAS: Anything yet?

BECKY: Not yet. But, I am looking through all the resources I have access to. Don’t worry. We’ll find something on her.

THOMAS: That is, if there is anything to find.

BECKY: Thomas, you told me you had a bad feeling about her. People don’t get bad feeling out of the blue.

As Becky continues to search through her database, Thomas lets out a deep breath. A couple of seconds later, Becky’s computer makes a beeping noise.

BECKY: I got something.

Thomas gets up and walks behind Becky’s desk.

THOMAS: What’d you find.

BECKY: Take a look for yourself.

THOMAS: Oh my god.

BECKY: My thoughts exactly.

THOMAS: I can’t believe this.

BECKY: Well, it looks like your ‘bad feeling’ was right.

THOMAS: Yeah. But, I never expected this. I just can’t believe that Cynthia was once convicted of murder.

BECKY: What exactly are you going to do with this info?

THOMAS: There’s only one thing that I can do. I have to move forward with a plan to expose Cynthia before it’s too late.

Thomas and Becky look at one another. They then look back at the computer screen. The camera zooms in on their shocked expressions.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 10***

No comments:

Post a Comment