Pages

Monday, April 8, 2019

EPISODE #45

EPISODE 45

Created By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Mike Larry
Written By: Casey Hutchison & Mike Larry

SAME DAY. AFTERNOON.
THORNE HILL - AROUND TOWN
Related image
Related image
HOTEL SUITE
Related image

The camera pans throughout a nice hotel room. A woman, wearing sunglasses, a nice hat, and white-fitted pant suit enters the room, with a suitcase. She shuts the door behind her. She walks over to the bed and sets the suitcase down on top of the bed. She then walks over to the desk. As sets her purse down, the hotel phone begins to ring. The woman picks up the phone.

WOMAN: Hello?

ANDERSON MANUFACTURING - CEO OFFICE

Michael leans back in the office chair. He is talking on the office phone.


MICHAEL: Hello. Did you get into Manhattan okay?

WOMAN: (over the phone) Yes, I did.

MICHAEL: How long till you get here?

Back in the Hotel Room

The woman sits down.

WOMAN: A couple of days. I have to straighten some things up in the city. Then, I’ll book a flight to Thorne Hill. Before you know it, I’ll have everything cleaned up.

Back at Anderson Manufacturing, in the CEO Office

MICHAEL: I know you’ll fix everything. Look, I’ve got a meeting to get to. I’ll talk to you later. Okay, sis? And, I love you.

WOMAN: (over the phone) Sounds good. And, I love you too. Bye.

MICHAEL: Bye now.

Michael hangs up the phone.

Back in the Hotel Room

The woman takes off her glasses.

Ashley Abbott photo
KIMBERLY: Well, the Andersons will be back on top very soon.

Kimberly smiles.
MRS. MANSFIELD OFFICE - WAITING ROOM
Related image

Amy and Mimi are sitting down in the waiting room chairs. They are holding hands.


AMY: I can’t believe that today is the day.


MIMI: I know. I’ve wanted for this for so long.

AMY: We’re going to have a child in our lives.

As Amy and Mimi smile at one another, Mrs. Mansfield enters the room, coming from her office. Amy and Mimi collect their things and stand.

MRS. MANSFIELD: Mrs. and Mrs. Whitmore, hello. Please, come into my office.

Amy and Mimi look at one another.

AMY: Are you ready?

MIMI: Of course I am. Lets go.

Mimi and Amy walk over to Mrs. Mansfield’s office.
WHITMORE MANSION - LIVING ROOM
Gorgeous Ideas Classic Living Room Design Classic Living Room Ideas Safarihomedecor

Stuart is sitting on the couch. He is looking through multiple files. He is also signing papers periodically. Then, he hears footsteps.


JUDITH: (calling out) Stuart?! Are you home?!


STUART: (sighs/calling out) In here!

Stuart stands as Judith and Ava enter the room.

STUART: Judith. Ava. What are you two doing here?

JUDITH: We need your help.

STUART: What’s going on?


AVA: Keith’s here. He’s here in Thorne Hill.
THE PALACE HOTEL - AVA’S SUITE
Image result for nice hotel room

The camera pans throughout the empty hotel room. The lights are off. Everything is peaceful. The camera pans over to the door. The door beeps and someone opens it slowly. The camera pans up to reveal that Keith is in the room.


KEITH: (smiling) Well, it’s time to get to work.
PHILIP’S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM

Jennifer, Joshua, Philip, and Andrea are sitting around the room. Philip has his laptop open, sitting on the coffee table. His phone is next to the laptop.

PHILIP: The transfer is still processing. However, Vargas should have his money within the hour. He said he would call us upon the money entering into his account.

Paige Hurd
JENNIFER: So, now it’s just a waiting game?


JOSHUA: I guess so.

Andrea Bowen
ANDREA: (standing) How about I go down to Mimi’s Cafe and grab us all some sandwiches? It is lunchtime now. I’m sure we’re all starving.

PHILIP: Thank you, Andrea.

ANDREA: Of course. Love you, babe.

JOSHUA: Love you too.

Andrea collects her things and walks to the door. Upon opening the door, Andrea stops in her tracks. Philip, Jennifer, and Joshua look over. Andrea moves out of the way.

ANDREA: Well guys, look who’s here.

JENNIFER: (standing) What are you doing here?


VERONICA: I came to see if I could help out with the investigation.
POLICE DEPARTMENT - INTERROGATION ROOM
Image result for interrogation room

Emerson and Quentin sit down across from one another. Quentin shuts the door and then takes a seat next to Emerson. Emerson clicks a pen and begins writing the date and time on a notepad.


QUENTIN: Sorry I was a little late. Traffic is crazy out there.


EMERSON: No problem, Mr. Whitmore. Can we get you anything?

QUENTIN: No, I’m good. I assume you’re Special Agent Emerson Clark?

EMERSON: You got that right. Do you already know DA Russell Portsmith?

QUENTIN: Of course. We’ve worked closely the past few weeks.

EMERSON: I do apologize that I couldn’t get away from Washington sooner.

QUENTIN: That’s fine. You’re here now. That means we can end this.

EMERSON: Did you get a read on your brother when you went to visit him?

Image result for Eric Roberts
RUSSELL: Did he allude to anything concerning the Asia Pacific hotel deal that went belly-up around this time last year?

QUENTIN: My brother and I haven’t seen one another in a number of years. When I showed up on his front door step, he was too busy being shocked at the sight of seeing me.

EMERSON: Mr. Whitmore…

QUENTIN: Call me Quentin.

EMERSON: Quentin, I know this must be hard. I know that the FBI and this department is asking a lot of you. However, you agreed to help us investigate your brother and his now ex-wife. They created dangerous working conditions in Asia with the Wong family that they partnered with. And, after their operation went belly-up they not only lost all their money, but they disposed of their hotels in a very illegal manner. They dumped loads of debris and construction waste into the water. We need you to get close to them again. We need you to help us serve justice for the families of those construction workers and for so many more.

RUSSELL: If you’re not up for the challenge, you need to tell us now.

QUENTIN: I can do this. I can bring my brother and his ex-wife down.

RUSSELL: Are you sure?

QUENTIN: Without-a-doubt.
MRS. MANSFIELD OFFICE
Related image

Amy and Mimi are sitting in front of Mrs. Mansfield’s desk. Mrs. Mansfield takes out a file from a filing cabinet, walks back over to her desk, sits the file down, and then takes a seat.

MRS. MANSFIELD: Can I get you two anything? Coffee? Water?

MIMI: I’m fine, thank you.

AMY: Same here.

MRS. MANSFIELD: Alright. Let’s just jump right in. I’ve reviewed your preliminary documents many times. And, I know that you two will make a perfect couple for a child.

MIMI: Thank you so much for saying that, Mrs. Mansfield.

AMY: That’s very kind of you.

MRS. MANSFIELD: I see a bright future for you two as parents. You’re stable. It appears you are both strong pillars of your community. And, judging by the photos you sent me, you have a very lovely home.

AMY: We’re both very excited to grow our family. We want nothing more than to raise a child in this town and in our home.

MRS. MANSFIELD: I know. And, you will have that. I won’t lie to you, however. Adoption is hard. There’s a lot of red-tape to cross through. There’s times where you may feel as though you want to give up. But, please, don’t. Just think of the beautiful child you two will raise one day.

MIMI: We know it will be hard. But, our passion for wanting to be parents will never die. I’ve always wanted to be a mother. I’ve always wanted to give a child my never-ending love.

MRS. MANSFIELD: I know that you do. I will do everything I can to make sure you two get a child. Now, in these packets (handing packets to them) you will see everything that will be done so the agency can make sure you are a good fit. I will give personal testimony in your favor. They will conduct home visits, background checks, anything and everything to make sure you’re suitable candidates to adopt a child. Now, do you have any questions for me?

AMY: I just have one.

MRS. MANSFIELD: Go right ahead.

AMY: I don’t want to sound dark here. I was just wondering, what if we don’t get a child from this agency? Could we always try another?

MRS. MANSFIELD: Of course. The goal is to get you a baby. There are tons of different adoption agencies in this state. We can go to all of them if we need to. It is my job as your counselor to make sure you get the child right for you, and that you are in-turn right for the child.

MIMI: Thank you for placing so much faith in us.

MRS. MANSFIELD: I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Mimi and Amy smile at one another. They hold hands.

MRS. MANSFIELD: Now, please turn to page 37.

Back at a Hotel Suite, Kimberly is sitting on the bed. She is typing up a report on her laptop. It is a projection for a budget for Anderson Manufacturing.

KIMBERLY: Gosh, I hope I can do this. I’ve always been there for my brother. And, I will continue to be there for him with this mess. After all, I owe him so much.

(FLASHBACK)

A young Kimberly and Michael are sitting in the Living Room of their Family Home. Kimberly is 19, Michael is 23.

MICHAEL: You had an illegal abortion?

KIMBERLY: (shaken up/sobbing) Yes. I didn’t want anyone to know. That’s why I didn’t check myself into a clinic.

MICHAEL: Kimberly, why? What happened to you?

KIMBERLY: It was Frank. It was all Frank. I thought we were happy, Mike. But, when I told him I was pregnant a few weeks ago, he said he didn’t want anything to do with me. I can’t have that, Michael. Frank is the one who can get me out of this life. He can get me out of the projects. He can change everything. If I didn’t have this abortion, my dreams of being rich would’ve been gone. And, I can’t have another night of sleeping in this damn house where cockroaches and mice roam the hallways.

MICHAEL: I’m gonna make it big enough one day to the point where you won’t even need that son-of-a-bitch. I love you, sis. It’s gonna be you and me. Forever.

KIMBERLY: I love you too.

Michael and Kimberly hug.

(FLASHBACK ENDS)

Kimberly wipes away a tear.

KIMBERLY: (whispers) I love you too.

Kimberly places her hands on her stomach and looks down.

Back at the Whitmore Mansion, in the Living Room, Judith and Ava are sitting on the couch. Stuart reenters the room. He is hanging up on a phone call he has just finished.

STUART: I just got in touch with one of my guys. A top-notch security guy by the name of Mr. Milstone will be posted outside of your hotel room. If you need him to come with you anywhere else, just let him know.

AVA: (standing) Stuart, I can’t thank you enough.

STUART: No thanks needed. I just want you to be safe. And, I don't want Keith hurting you or figuring out the truth about Philip. God knows, he would lose it if he found out.

AVA: Yes, he would.

JUDITH: Well, that won't happen. We'll keep you safe.

Back at the Thorne Hill Police Department, in the Interrogation Room, Emerson hands Quentin a cellphone. Quentin begins looking at the cellphone.

QUENTIN: Do I really need a new phone?

EMERSON: Yes. And, this isn’t your average phone. It’s equipped with technology that’ll help the FBI track Stuart and Judith when you’re tailing them. It can also record conversations with clear audio. And, it can only call the FBI, myself, and Russell.

RUSSELL: Trust me, Quentin. You want that phone to be with you at all times.

QUENTIN: (sighs) Is there anything else I need from you right now?

EMERSON: That’s all for now. Just get us the information we need.

Emerson stands up and collects her things.

EMERSON: I’ll check back in with you soon.

Emerson leaves the room.

RUSSELL: Are you sure you’re going to be able to do this?

QUENTIN: I already said I could. I want justice served. And, it will be.

Back at Philip’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Andrea has left. Veronica is now standing in the room with Jennifer, Philip, and Joshua. The door is shut.

VERONICA: I had a feeling you guys would be here. I’ve known for weeks now that this has been your meeting place. The only reason I didn’t come up before is because I was scared to get involved in this thing. But, I want to know what happened to my father. I want to know who took his and his wife’s life.

JOSHUA: Veronica, I think we can take care of this whole thing and just update you later. I can give you a call or stop by your hotel suite.

JENNIFER: Veronica, why don’t you stay? My brother and I could use your help. Plus, you deserve to be filled in for yourself. Sometimes Joshua can be a little stubborn.

VERONICA: Are you sure I’m not stepping on any toes?

PHILIP: I’m cool if you stay. This your dad too.

VERONICA: Thank you.

JOSHUA: Jennifer, could I talk to you for a minute?

JENNIFER: Sure.

Joshua and Jennifer walk off to the kitchen.

In the Kitchen.

JOSHUA: Since when are you buddy-buddy with Veronica?

JENNIFER: Joshua, she’s our sister. She deserves answers just like we do. Yes, I still have not processed fully that our dad slept with another woman. It’s not her fault though. She is still his daughter. We can’t change that.

JOSHUA: Jenn…

JENNIFER: Don’t you “Jenn” me. You need to suck it up and let her be here. She has every right to be in this apartment. Now, let's go see if Vargas is playing us or not.

Jennifer walks off. Joshua let’s out a sigh.
KEITH’S MOTEL ROOM

Keith is sitting on his bed. He has his laptop opened and sitting on his lap.

KEITH: Alright, it’s showtime.

Keith smiles as he clicks a few keys on the keyboard. Then, cameras from all angles of Ava’s Suite at The Palace Hotel pop up on Keith’s computer screen. Keith smiles mischievously, as the camera zooms in on him.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 45***

No comments:

Post a Comment