Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2019

EPISODE #36

EPISODE 36


Created By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Mike Larry
Written By: Casey Hutchison & Mike Larry

SAME DAY. NIGHT.
PREVIOUSLY ON THERE’S ALWAYS TOMORROW

--Thomas confronted Becky about being a secret drug lord!
--Carter confessed to Lindsay that he kissed Cynthia.

--Michael received a flash drive containing a slideshow of photos of Cynthia and Carter kissing one another at The Grand Piano!

--Philip’s revealed that his hacker, Greg, could possibly lift prints from the diamond bracelet that was found at the crash site.

--And, Amy finally came face-to-face with Veronica.
LINDSAY’S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM

Lindsay sits down on the couch. She lets out a deep breath and checks her phone. She has just sent a text to her brother, Thomas, detailing that Carter has kissed Cynthia. Right now, it’s almost like Lindsay cannot take the silence from her brother. She then decides to call him. After a couple of rings, it goes to voicemail. Lindsay hangs up.


LINDSAY: Thomas, this is so unlike you. (sighs) Something’s up.

Lindsay gets up from the couch and grabs her purse and keys.

LINDSAY: I’m going over there.

Lindsay walks out of her apartment, shutting the door behind her.
THOMAS’ APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM

We come off of Becky hitting Thomas over the head with the fire poker. Thomas falls to the floor. Upon being knocked unconscious, Becky begins to panic.


BECKY: Oh my god! This wasn’t supposed to happen! You left me no other choice, Thomas! Why did you have to go digging into my past?!

Becky tries to regain her composure.

BECKY: What the hell have I done? (deep breath) I can’t be here. I have to leave this place. Goodbye, Thomas. Goodbye forever.

Becky collects her things and runs out the door.
SUNRISE APARTMENTS - ELEVATOR

About twenty minutes since Thomas was knocked out, Lindsay is in the elevator on the way up to Thomas’ apartment. The elevator doors ding open and Lindsay steps off the elevator. She walks to Thomas’ apartment. Before she can knock, she sees that the door is slightly opened. A concerned Lindsay slowly opens the door. Upon opening the door fully, she is absolutely stunned to see Thomas unconscious. She rushes to him!

LINDSAY: Thomas?! Thomas?! Oh my god. Wake up! Thomas?!
ANDERSON MANSION - LIVING ROOM
Image result for manor living room

Michael and Cynthia are face-to-face, in a heated confrontation.


MICHAEL: How long are you going to keep me waiting for your excuse?


CYNTHIA: How did you find out that I kissed Carter?

MICHAEL: How did I find out? Is that the only thing you’re worried about?

A tear strolls down Cynthia’s face.

MICHAEL: I always know everything that’s going on, Cynthia. You know that about me. I want to know why? Was I not making you happy or…?

CYNTHIA: Michael, it wasn’t like that. Carter and I just got caught up in the moment, our past. We were drinking heavily. And, I know that’s no an excuse. But, it’s the truth. And, I’m so, so sorry.

MICHAEL: Of course you’re sorry. I can’t believe you did this to me. Tell me something, are you still in love with your ex-husband?

Cynthia turns away from Michael.

MICHAEL: Answer me.

Cynthia turns around and faces Michael. She has a look of regret.
THE PALACE HOTEL - PARKING GARAGE


Judith pulls into the parking garage. What she doesn’t know though, is that she’s being followed by a black car with tinted windows. As Judith pulls into a spot and gets out of her car, the person driving the black car parks their car as well.

MYSTERY PERSON’S CAR

The Man (known as Roman) in the car pulls out his cell phone, dials a number, and puts the phone to his ear. He watches Judith as she enters the hotel.

ROMAN: Keith, it’s me. I have eyes on Ava’s sister Judith. She just entered The Palace Hotel. I am one-hundred percent sure that this is where Ava’s staying.


KEITH: (over the phone) Good work, Roman. Try to get a visual on my wife. I’m on my way there. Oh, and don’t blow your cover. Bye.

Roman hangs up the phone and stares on at the front of the hotel.
THE PALACE HOTEL - AVA’S SUITE
Image result for nice hotel room

Ava is sitting in a chair and reading a novel. She is also wearing a pair of reading glasses. As she turns the page, there is a knock at the door. Ava bookmarks the page she is on, sets down the novel on the table next to her, takes off her reading glasses, and stands. She then walks to the door. The knocking continues.


AVA: Coming!

Ava opens the door and is happened to see Judith.

AVA: Hey, sis.

JUDITH: Hi.

Judith and Ava hug one another.

AVA: (coming off the hug) Come on in.

Judith enters the room. Ava shuts the door, turns around, and walks over to Judith. Ava proceeds to sit her reading glasses down on the table.

AVA: (sighs) So, how are you doing today?

JUDITH: Wonderful.

AVA: Are you holding up okay since you signed the divorce papers?

JUDITH: I’m not going to lie to you. It hurts, Ava. It really does. I’ve destroyed my family. I’ve hurt my husband in the worst possible way at an even worst possible time. As he is trying to heal, he has my affair weighing on his mind. I feel so terrible. You should have seen my children’s faces when they learned Stuart and I were getting a divorce. And, they were even more shocked when they discovered that I was being thrown out.

AVA: Where are you staying right now?

JUDITH: Stuart and I always had a penthouse here in town. Our nanny used to live there. We just never gave the place up.

AVA: I see. You know, it’s going to be okay, honey. You’ve just got to take it one day at a time. We’ll get through this situation together. After all, there’s always tomorrow.

Judith wipes away a tear and smiles at her sister.

JUDITH: Thank you. (sighs) Speaking of situations, how are you doing since that whole Keith thing we talked about?

AVA: You know, Judith, now that we’re being honest with one another for the first time in a long time, I think that it would be a good idea to tell you why I ran away here.

JUDITH: Honey, I already know. You and Keith had a falling out.

AVA: It was more than that.

JUDITH: What do you mean?

AVA: He abuses me. That’s why I came here. I needed my family. I needed you. Thorne Hill was the only place I could go.

Judith is in a little bit of shock over what she has heard.
THORNE HILL PARK - PRIVATE AREA
Related image

Taking advantage of the winter season thawing away, Jennifer and Philip are walking hand in hand. They are quite cozy.

Paige Hurd
JENNIFER: It’s so crazy how it was just sub-zero cold out here and now it seems we are headed for an early spring. I’m so glad you brought me here to enjoy the weather.


PHILIP: I thought we could use some ‘us’ time.

The two walk over to a small bridge that crosses a stream. Phillip slows his pace down as they approach the middle of the bridge. He and Jennifer come to a stop.

JENNIFER: What are you doing?

Philip pulls Jennifer close and kisses her.

PHILIP: I love you.

JENNIFER: (slight laugh) I love you too.

PHILIP: You want to know something about this bridge?

JENNIFER: Sure.

PHILIP: On the other side of this bridge is our future.

JENNIFER: Oh yeah?

PHILIP: Yeah. Jennifer, my parents revealed to Amy and I that they’re now officially divorced. And, my mother is no longer living in our family mansion.

JENNIFER: Philip, I’m so sorry. Honey, I had no idea. I…

PHILIP: Wait. My point is, is that they’re future has come to a screeching halt. But, our’s is just beginning. I want to cross this bridge with you.

Philip pulls out a ring box and gets down on one knee. He opens the box to reveal a 14-carat-white-gold engagement ring. Jennifer’s eyes begin to well up.

Back at the Anderson Mansion, in the Living Room, Cynthia lets out a deep breath. She walks up closer to Michael.

MICHAEL: It’s not a hard question, Cynthia. Do you still have feelings for your ex-husband? Or, was this some revenge plot to get back at me for my affair with Judith all those years ago? Is that it? Is this karma?

CYNTHIA: I do not have feelings for that man anymore. I kissed him out of drunkenness. I love you, Michael. Remember when you had to reassure me that you loved me instead of Judith, when I found out about your affair with her? Well, this is the same thing right now. And, just like you picked me, I pick you.

MICHAEL: The only difference is, is that my love for you has brought me home here each and every night. Your love for me apparently doesn’t exist. You did not come home that night. You kissed another man instead.

CYNTHIA: Michael...I...

MICHAEL: Were you ever going to tell me the truth? I mean, if my private investigator had not kept tabs on Carter, would you have ever told me?

CYNTHIA: So, that’s how you found out? You were having Carter followed?

MICHAEL: Yeah. The man is sketchy. I had to do something.

CYNTHIA: Michael, I would’ve told you.

MICHAEL: Really?!

CYNTHIA: Yes! Yes! At some point I would’ve opened up to you! God, what is happening to us? We were so happy. But, yet, everything is falling apart so fast.

As the tension continues to build between the two, Michael’s phone buzzes. He pauses for a moment and then retrieves his phone from his back pocket.

CYNTHIA: Who is it?

MICHAEL: It’s Lindsay. She says that something has happened to Thomas. I have to go. We’re not done here by the way.

CYNTHIA: Let me come with you.

MICHAEL: No. I don’t want you anywhere near me. By the way, pack your things. Word on the street is that Stuart threw Judith out of his home. Now, you can be thrown out of mine. Maybe you and Judith can share a room at The Palace together.

Michael walks out of the room. Cynthia is crushed, falls to the floor, and begins to cry. The front door to the mansion is heard slamming.

Back in Thorne Hill Park, Jennifer is smiling down at Philip.

PHILIP: Jenn, since we got closer in high school, I have loved everything about you. You’re the type of woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. I want you to continue to be the center of my world, maybe even the mother of my children. You make me so happy. I want you to cross this bridge with me. I want you to be my one and only. So, what do you say? Will you do me the honor of being my wife?

Jennifer looks up around at her surroundings and sees a few park goers gathering around them to see the outcome of the romantic gesture. She looks back at Philip.

JENNIFER: Jennifer: I thought you would never ask again after the first time you asked me and I said ‘no’. Philip, you are my rock. And, my day isn’t complete unless I see or hear from you. I love you with all my heart and you have stood by me through everything. So, yes, Philip Jackson, I would love to be your wife.

Phillip smiles as he puts the rock on her finger. The park goers begin to applaud. Phillip stands up and hugs Jennifer. He spins her around.

PHILIP: (setting Jennifer down) I love you.

The two lean in and kiss.

Back at The Palace Hotel, Judith and Ava are sitting on the bed. As they continue to talk, they also come off of a hug.

JUDITH: Ava, I am so sorry. I had no idea things had gotten this bad between the two of you. When did this all begin?

AVA: When Keith lost his job, he did a complete 180, and spiraled out of control. He began to gamble, drink heavily, and become this lazy, ungrateful man. He was no longer the man I married.

JUDITH: I’m glad he isn’t here. I want to kill him right now. I am so sorry I couldn’t protect you. But, I do have to ask you something.

AVA: What?

JUDITH: Are you sure he doesn’t know our secret? Perhaps that is why he started to spiral even more. Perhaps…

AVA: Judith, what we did was long before Keith and I even got married. We were just boyfriend and girlfriend. And, we’ve hid it this long.

JUDITH: Ava, yes, we’ve kept it a secret for a long time. But, it is bound to come out. And, I just want to make sure he doesn’t know.

AVA: Trust me, he doesn’t know that I got pregnant after the first time we had sex. He thinks the reason we broke up for a couple of months is because I wanted to give college a shot. He has no idea that you and Stuart were taking care of me till I could sell you my baby. By the way, I never did thank you for giving that child a good life.

JUDITH: You don’t have to thank me. I’m just glad that I could spare Philip from the heartache that Keith has inflicted on you.

As Ava and Judith stare on at one another, Keith is outside holding a camera, zooming in, and snapping photos of Ava and Judith through a window.

Back at Thomas’ Apartment, in the Living Room, Lindsay continues to try and wake Thomas up. She is shaking him slightly.

LINDSAY: Thomas! Come on! Please! I called an ambulance. The paramedics will be here soon. It would be nice if you woke up before they got here. Please, show some improvement. Wake up.

Then, there’s a knock at the door.

PARAMEDIC 1: Open up! We’re responding to a 9-1-1 call!

Lindsay stands and rushes to the door. As soon as she opens it, the paramedics rush in and begin treating Thomas. They lift him up and put him on a gurney. They begin to do a short examination.

PARAMEDIC 2: Is he allergic to any meds or on anything?

LINDSAY: No.

PARAMEDIC 1: Okay, let’s get him to the hospital. They need to treat this head wound of his right away. Let’s move!

Before the paramedics run out, they stop to talk to Lindsay.

LINDSAY: Can I come with?


PARAMEDIC 1: Are you family?

LINDSAY: Yes.

PARAMEDIC 1: Yes, you can come.

PARAMEDIC 2: Before we leave, can you tell us what he was hit with?

LINDSAY: (pointing) Yes, that fire poker. Someone tried to kill my brother with a fire poker. Someone wanted him gone.

The camera zooms in on Lindsay’s upset expression.
BECKY’S CAR

Becky is driving in her car, speeding through the back roads of Thorne Hill. It’s taking everything Becky has not to panic. The scene of hitting Thomas on the head with the fire poker keeps replaying in her mind.

BECKY: That was not supposed to happen! I wasn’t supposed to lose control!

Becky reaches over to her purse and takes out her cell phone and dials a number. What she doesn’t notice though is a deer standing in the road. She looks up just in time to see the deer and swerves off the road to avoid hitting the animal. She swerves into a deep ditch. Becky’s head crashes onto the steering wheel upon impact of the crash! Her car now has smoke coming from it as Becky lays unconscious against the steering wheel in her car! The camera zooms in on her bloody face.

***FADE OUT***

***END OF EP. 36***

No comments:

Post a Comment