Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2019

EPISODE #43

EPISODE 43


Created By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Mike Larry
Written By: Casey Hutchison & Mike Larry

SAME DAY. NIGHT.
THORNE HILL - AROUND TOWN
Related image
THOMAS' APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM

Lindsay is sitting on the couch. Thomas enters the room. He is carrying two glasses of red wine. He walks over to the couch, hands one to Lindsay, and sits down. Lindsay takes a sip of the wine.


THOMAS: So, what do you think?

Related image
LINDSAY: I think it’s delicious. I love the undertones of the fresh picked cherries. I think our company has a good thing going with this wine.

THOMAS: I hope it becomes a bestseller.

LINDSAY: I have no doubt in my mind that it will.

Lindsay takes another sip.

LINDSAY: What are you planning to call this one?

THOMAS: I talked to some of our team members. They think that we should call this one, Cherry Sherry. I know. It seems more comedic than sexy. But…

LINDSAY: (laughs) I love it. I could use a good laugh these days anyway. And, I’m sure that you can as well. How are you doing, by the way?

THOMAS: I’m good. I’m doing real good actually. That’s kind of why I called you over here. I want you to know the reason I’m feeling good.

LINDSAY: Oh yeah? Why is that?

THOMAS: Because, I’m starting a new chapter of my life.
AMY & MIMI’S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM
Related image

Amy walks in the door. She shuts it behind her. As she is in progress on a phone call, she begins to sit her things down. She waves over at Mimi, who is sitting on the couch.


AMY: (on the phone) Yes, I will tell my wife. Thank you so much for letting us take that appointment. You have a good day too. Bye now.

Amy hangs up the phone and walks over to Mimi.


MIMI: Who was that?

AMY: (sitting) That was Mrs. Mansfield from the adoption clinic. She said that she can fit us in for an appointment tomorrow afternoon.

MIMI: That is fantastic!

AMY: I totally agree.

Then, there is a knock at the door. Mimi stands up and walks to the door.

MIMI: I wonder who that could be.

Mimi opens the door and sees a florist standing there with a bouquet of flowers.

FLORIST: Hi, are you, Mimi?

MIMI: Yes, can I help you?

FLORIST: These are for you, miss.

Mimi takes the flowers.

MIMI: They’re beautiful. Do I need to sign anything?

FLORIST: Nope, that’s all. Have a lovely day.

MIMI: Thank you.

Mimi smiles, shuts the door, and heads back over to the couch. She sits the flowers down on the coffee table and sits back down on the couch.

MIMI: You really outdid yourself this time.

AMY: Honey, I wish I could take credit for this beautiful gift. However, I can’t. To tell you the truth, I didn’t send you these flowers.

MIMI: Then who did?

AMY: I don’t know.

Amy picks up a card that was sitting in the flowers.

AMY: I guess you’re gonna have to read the card to find out.

Amy hands the card to Mimi.

MIMI: Yeah. I guess so.

Mimi looks at the card, puzzled.
THE PALACE HOTEL - CARTER’S SUITE
Image result for nice hotel room

Carter is looking out the window, drinking a glass of scotch. As he takes a sip, someone knocks at the door. Carter turns around, walks to the door, and opens it.


CARTER: Cynthia, what’s wrong?


CYNTHIA: (sobbing) Oh, Carter. I’ve messed everything up.

Cynthia wraps her arms around Carter. The two hug one another. Cynthia leans on his shoulder. Tears are still falling down her face.
THE WHITMORE PENTHOUSE - LIVING ROOM
Related image

Judith is standing by the door, it is opened. Ava enters the penthouse. Judith shuts the door and turns around. She and Ava walk over to the chairs by the fireplace and sit.


JUDITH: Are you okay? How are you doing?


AVA: I’m still a little shaken up, sis.

JUDITH: Can I get you anything? Please, let me get you a drink.

AVA: I’ve already drank too much tonight. I even called an Uber to come and get me, so I could come here. All I’ve been doing lately is drinking.

JUDITH: Ava, are you sure you saw Keith?

AVA: Are you calling me a liar?

JUDITH: No. Honey, I just need for you to be sure. I need to know if you really saw him or not. When you texted me, you told me that him coming to your suite and attacking you was all a nightmare. Was seeing him apart of that nightmare? Or, did seeing him initiate the nightmare later on?

AVA: I saw him. I know I did. I saw my husband. He’s here. He’s here. He’s after me. He’s here to kill me, Judith. He’s going to kill me.
ROSE THORNE MOTEL - ROOM 235

Keith is sitting on the bed. He is looking at a picture of he and Ava. He is stroking Ava’s face on the photo. As he does so, he grins.


KEITH: I love you, baby.

Keith kisses the photo. He then sets the photo on the bed, stands, and walks over to his small motel dresser. He opens the top drawer of the dresser. Right next to the standard King James Bible is a gun. Keith picks up the gun.

KEITH: Oh, Ava. I’ve got a bullet with your name and my name on it. If I kill us both, we can finally be together. Til death do us part. Remember?

Keith lets out a mischievous laugh.

Back at Amy and Mimi’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Mimi is reading over the card. Once finished, she sets the card down by the flowers.

MIMI: I can’t believe her.

AMY: What? Who sent the flowers?

MIMI: I’ll give you one guess.

AMY: Veronica?

MIMI: Ding, ding, ding.

AMY: Why would she do that?

MIMI: (sighs) Yesterday, I confronted Veronica about her always wanting to speak to me about the past that we shared. I said that it was inappropriate. These are supposed to be what she is calling apology flowers.

AMY: Why would she feel the need to send these to you?

MIMI: Exactly what I was thinking. Boy, she loves to stir the pot.

AMY: Are you gonna call her and tell her that she’s out of line?

MIMI: I don’t want to give any more breath that I have over to her. She knows that we’re done. I’m not gonna let this phase me. In fact, I’m throwing these flowers away. Excuse me.

Mimi stands and picks up the flowers and the card.

MIMI: She’s out of my life. I intend to keep it that way.

Mimi walks off to the kitchen.

AMY: That little bitch. She’s trying to win my wife back. Well, it looks like I need to put her in her place. She needs to learn that this is not okay.

Back at the Whitmore Penthouse, in the Living Room, Judith reaches out and grabs Ava’s hands. The two join hands with one another.

JUDITH: Is there anything I can do? We can go to Stuart and get you some protection. Even though he and I are no longer husband and wife, he adores you. And, he still has a soft spot for me. He’d do anything to protect you.

AVA: What do you mean he still has a soft spot for you?

JUDITH: Tonight, we got very close and romantic. But, that doesn’t matter right now. Do you want me to go to him? I feel as though we should.

AVA: That might be a good idea. (choked up) I...I...I just don’t know what I’m gonna do. It took me so much courage to get away from Keith and come here. He had me trapped. Not only in my mind, but in my head. It feels so foreign to me, to be the leader of my life again.

JUDITH: I know. I know, honey. But, it’s going to be okay. I’m here for you. I’m right here. You can lean on me. Let me be your strength. Let me be your support system. You don’t have to go it alone.

AVA: I know. (starting to cry) I’m just so scared. I don’t know what to do. I don’t know how to wake up every morning and be this normal person. He broke me, Judith. He mentally and physically broke me. How do you move on from that? How does someone survive that?

Judith gets out of her chair and goes in front of Ava, kneeling before her.

JUDITH: You do survive. You do move on. I don’t have all the answers. I do know one thing though. You are the strongest woman I know. You can conquer anything.

AVA: How do I face this demon that has been haunting me?

JUDITH: You don’t face it. We face it. You are my sister. You have been my rock since we were little kids. Now it’s my turn. Let me be your rock. Come here.

Judith and Ava embrace.

JUDITH: I love you, Ava. Don’t you ever forget that, sis.

AVA: (whispering) I love you too.

Back at the Rose Thorne Motel, in Room 235, Keith is sitting on the bed, holding the gun. He is taking a bullet in and out of the pistol.

KEITH: Will I? Won’t I? Will I? Won’t I? I want to be with you so bad. I want to be side-by-side in a coffin with you. I want you to be mine again.

As Keith looks at Ava from the photo he looked at previously, he puts the bullet back into the gun. He closes the bullet cylinder. Keith smiles down at the gun.

Back at Thomas’ Apartment, in the Living Room, Thomas picks up a bottle of wine from the coffee table and refills he and Lindsay’s glasses.

LINDSAY: What is this new chapter you plan to write all about?

THOMAS: (setting the bottle down) I’m not exactly sure how to tell you.

LINDSAY: Just come out and say it. We’ve always been fearless around one another.

THOMAS: True. I’m just not sure that you’re going to like what I have to say.

LINDSAY: Thomas, just come out and say it.

THOMAS: (sighs) If you go in my room right now, you’ll see that I have boxes that are packed up with a lot of stuff in this apartment.

LINDSAY: What does that mean?

THOMAS: Lindsay, I’m leaving town.

LINDSAY: What? Why? Forever?

THOMAS: No, I’m not leaving forever. I just need to leave for a bit. So much has happened to me the past couple of months. I just need a break. I need to get away.

LINDSAY: Where are you going?

THOMAS: St. Helena, California.

LINDSAY: California? Thomas…

THOMAS: I know. I know. But, I’m not just going there for a vacation. I’m actually meeting someone to talk business. Of course I’ll keep you updated. We’ll talk everyday.

LINDSAY: Who are you meeting with?

THOMAS: I’m meeting with this family... the Channings.

LINDSAY: As in the legendary wine business Channings?

THOMAS: Yes. I’ll fill you in on the details of why I’m meeting them later. For now, I just want to have a good night with you. I love you so much, sis. I know things are rough for you too right now.

LINDSAY: They are. They really are.

THOMAS: You’ll get through it. I know you will.

LINDSAY: Thank you. I appreciate that.

Lindsay and Thomas smile at one another.

THOMAS: I love you.

LINDSAY: (smiling) I love you too.

Back at The Palace Hotel, in Carter’s Suite, Cynthia and Carter are sitting down on the small hotel room sofa. Both of them are drinking a glass of scotch.

CYNTHIA: I shouldn’t have gone to the mansion. I should’ve just left well enough alone after he fired us. I should’ve just taken that as a sign.

CARTER: Cynthia, you’re allowed to get answers about the future of your marriage. You deserve answers on what Michael wants to do.

CYNTHIA: I know he’s going to divorce me. There’s no way we can come back from this. It’s so much more than a kiss, Carter. It’s his daughter. It’s him still grieving for Susan. And, then, there’s our past.

CARTER: Do you still love him?

CYNTHIA: Of course I do. I’ve been trying to make him realize that. But, how long can I keep fighting for him? I can’t spend the rest of my life trying to fix something I can’t change.

CARTER: No, you can’t. I met with Lindsay after that whole mess went down at Anderson Manufacturing. In fact, scratch that. I kind of followed her to Martin’s.

CYNTHIA: And…?

CARTER: Well, she’s pissed at me more than ever now. My assistant overheard me telling you that I felt something when we kissed. She EMailed Lindsay and told her that.

CYNTHIA: Oh my god. What’d Lindsay say?

CARTER: She was angry. As well as she should be.

CYNTHIA: Can I tell you something?

CARTER: Of course.

CYNTHIA: It looks like we may just have to lean on one another for a bit.

CARTER: I agree.

CYNTHIA: I don’t know how we got here.

CARTER: Same here.

CYNTHIA: To tell you the truth, Carter, I kind of felt something as well when we kissed. I know I was drunk. But, it was my mind that was clouded...not my emotions.

CARTER: Cynthia, what are you saying?

Carter and Cynthia set their glasses down.

CYNTHIA: I know I said I want to fight for Michael. However, I’m not going to ignore my feelings for you. That just wouldn’t be fair.

Carter and Cynthia share a short pause. They’re overcome with emotion. They get closer to one another and slowly kiss.

CYNTHIA: (breathless) What am I gonna do?

CARTER: I can’t answer that for you.

CYNTHIA: Make love to me.

CARTER: Seriously?

CYNTHIA: Yes. I told you I need to lean on you. This is how I plan to lean on you. Please. Make love to me, Carter.

Cynthia and Carter share another short pause. Then, they kiss passionately. Both of them continue to kiss on and off as they stand up. They make their way over to the bed, still kissing. Cynthia rips open Carter’s shirt. He begins to kiss her neck, as she unbuttons her blouse.

CARTER: Are you sure?

CYNTHIA: I’ve never been so sure about anything in my life.

Carter and Cynthia kiss passionately again and he lays her down on the bed. The camera zooms out from Carter laying on top of Cynthia.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 43***

No comments:

Post a Comment