Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2018

EPISODE #25

EPISODE 25


Created By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Mike Larry
Written By: Casey Hutchison & Mike Larry

SAME DAY. AFTERNOON.

PREVIOUSLY ON THERE’S ALWAYS TOMORROW

--Veronica revealed to Jennifer that they were sisters.

--Amy returned home from her honeymoon and assured Philip that she was in the wedded bliss stage and as happy as ever with her new bride, Mimi.

--And, Becky told Carter that after she lied about their past, Thomas left her. Then, Becky told Carter that she would make sure no one figured out their secret.
ANDERSON MANSION - LIVING ROOM
Image result for manor living room

Michael is in the living room. He is drinking a cup of tea. Then, the maid, Mrs. Gutierrez enters the room.

MRS. GUTIERREZ: Mr. Anderson, you have a visitor.


MICHAEL: (turning around) Thank you, Mrs. Gutierrez. You’re excused.

After Mrs. Gutierrez leaves the room, JJ enters.

MICHAEL: JJ, I thought that it might be you.

JJ: Hey, boss man.

MICHAEL: So, what do you got for me?

JJ: Oh, I’ve got something on Carter Morrison that’s going to blow your mind. You will not believe what I found on this guy.
ANDERSON MANUFACTURING - CEO OFFICE

Cynthia is sitting behind her desk. She is buried in files and trying to look through multiple files at a time. Then, Lindsay burst through the doors. She walks over to the desk and slams her purse down. Cynthia looks up.


CYNTHIA: What the hell is wrong with you?!


LINDSAY: Nothing is wrong with me. But, there’s something wrong with you. It would appear as though you cannot stop ruining my life! Tell me, Cynthia, when will you erase the target you’ve drawn on my back?!
MEMORIAL HOSPITAL - STUART’S HOSPITAL ROOM
Related image

Stuart is laying in his hospital bed. Judith enters a couple of seconds later. She shuts the door and walks over to him.


JUDITH: Hey, I just got your message. Is everything okay?


STUART: Oh, yes, everything’s fine. I just wanted to talk to you.

JUDITH: Okay. What about?

STUART: My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow night. And, before I go under and they cut me open, I wanted to give something to you.

Stuart picks up a packet of papers that were sitting on the side table. He extends the papers to Judith. Judith grabs them.

JUDITH: What the hell is this?

STUART: I had my lawyer draw up some divorce papers. Oh, and by the way, sweetheart, you are not getting a dime!
JACKSON FAMILY HOME - LIVING ROOM
Image result for simple living room with fireplace

Jennifer and Veronica are standing face to face.


JENNIFER: You’re my sister?


VERONICA: Yeah, I am.

JENNIFER: That’s not possible. My parents had two children. Myself and my brother Joshua. That’s it. There’s no more Jackson children out there.

VERONICA: That’s where you’re wrong. Your father slept with my mother Doreen Sterling back in the 90s. He went on a business trip, met her in a bar, and they did the deed. Nine months later, I popped into the world. Your father even kept up with child support payments. And, once in awhile, he would come and visit me.

JENNIFER: You shut up! You shut your lying mouth! I don’t know what game you’re playing. But, right now, it seems like you’re some hood rat trying to make a quick dollar. Well, I got news for you, Veronica, I’m not buying a ticket to your show.

Back at Anderson Manufacturing, in the CEO Office, Cynthia slowly rises from her desk. Lindsay backs up from her just a bit.

CYNTHIA: What are you talking about, Lindsay?

LINDSAY: I know everything about the past you and Carter shared. I know you two were once married. I know that you still have feelings for him. But, you see, he’s my new boyfriend. And, when I get in a relationship with someone, I don’t like to share.

CYNTHIA: I don’t have feelings for Carter anymore, Lindsay. I was doing him a favor. He needs all the help he can get. I can’t help it that some of us are nicer than you will ever be.

LINDSAY: Tell me something, does my father know that your ex-husband is now working in close proximity with you?

CYNTHIA: He knows that Carter works here.

LINDSAY: Does he know that you two were once married?

CYNTHIA: No, he doesn’t.

LINDSAY: Look at you lying to my father once again about your past. My father doesn’t like people who lie to him repeatedly.

CYNTHIA: You know all about that.

LINDSAY: This is not about me. It’s about you. You listen here, and you listen good, stay away from Carter. He is to work a 9 to 5 shift and then leave this office. If he needs to work any later than that, then I am to be contacted every hour on the dot.

CYNTHIA: He’s a grown man, Lindsay.

LINDSAY: I know he’s a grown man. And, you’re a slut. I need to protect my relationship. And, I need to protect my father from you potentially cheating on him. Anyway, I think I’ll go pick something up for Carter and I for dinner tonight. And, don’t worry, we won’t need any dessert. I’ll be serving myself up.

Lindsay smiles, collects herself, and walks out.

CYNTHIA: And, they call me the slut.

Cynthia lets out a little laugh.

Back at the Anderson Mansion, in the Living Room, Michael is sitting on the couch. He is wearing a pair of reading glasses and looking through the file.

MICHAEL: Well, everything in this file seems squeaky clean. It all looks just fine. I don’t understand what this huge bombshell was supposed to be.

Michael flips the page and continues to read.
MICHAEL: Wait. What the hell? Oh my god. Carter and Cynthia were once married. Why in the hell did she lie to me? And, why did they get a divorce?

Back at Memorial Hospital, in Stuart’s Hospital Room, Judith sets her purse and the divorce papers on the table in front of Stuart’s bed.

JUDITH: Divorce papers?

STUART: Yes.

JUDITH: I’m not signing these.

STUART: I would sign them if I were you. It’d be wise to. You see, no one is on your side, Judith. It’s time for you to pack up and start fresh. You’ve bounced back before. You went from nothing to something. All it took was hard work and dedication.

JUDITH: All it took was pleasing you behind closed doors in your office. Stuart, I’m not walking away. And, if you try to force me to do so, I will tell the world about your involvement in killing Jennifer and Joshua’s parents. I will tell everyone that you made me help you. That I was a manipulated party.

STUART: No one would ever believe that. Judith, stop trying to blackmail me. This isn’t about what we did that night. This is about our marriage falling apart because you had an affair!

JUDITH: I am not going anywhere!

Judith rips the divorce papers to shreds and throws them at Stuart.

JUDITH: It will be a cold day in Hell before I sign these.

Then, Judith picks up her purse.

JUDITH: Now, get plenty of rest, and I’ll see you tomorrow for your surgery. I love you, darling. I love you very much.

Judith walks out of the room.

Back at the Jackson Family Home, in the Living Room, Jennifer hands Veronica’s purse and resume to her.

JENNIFER: I want you to get out of this house. I want you to forget this address. I want you to delete my number, you creep.

VERONICA: I promise that what I am telling you is the truth.

JENNIFER: My father was a great man. He and my mother had a wonderful, loving marriage before they both passed away in a car crash. He never cheated on her. He never…

VERONICA: I’m gonna stop you right there.

Veronica gets a folded up piece of paper from her purse.

JENNIFER: What’s that?

VERONICA: It’s a letter that your father...our father...sent me when I was a child. You can compare it to his other writings if you want.

Jennifer takes the letter and skims it.

JENNIFER: You could’ve had someone forge this.

VERONICA: You know what? Believe what you want. I am telling the truth. If you come to your senses, I’ll be staying at The Palace Hotel...room 438. Have a good day, sis.

Veronica walks out of the house. Jennifer then collapses on the couch. She is trying to take in the whole situation.
JACKSON FAMILY HOME - OUTSIDE

Veronica steps out of the home, closing the door behind her. She then begins to cry. She wipes away some of her tears and walks off. The camera stays zoomed in on the exterior of the home.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 25***

No comments:

Post a Comment