Pages

Monday, September 17, 2018

EPISODE #18

EPISODE 18


Created By: Casey Hutchison
Written By: Casey Hutchison
Executive Producer: Greg Ziobrowski

NEW DAY. MORNING.

PREVIOUSLY ON THERE’S ALWAYS TOMORROW

--Lindsay went on her first date with self made millionaire, Carter Morrison. The two hit it off right away. Later on, it was revealed that Carter was once married to Lindsay’s step-mother, Cynthia. And, Cynthia didn’t look happy to see him.

--Veronica decided that she should meet her siblings Jennifer and Joshua soon.

--Joshua became insulted when Jennifer asked him if he was going to slack off on Philip’s personal care because of the grudge he holds against him.

--Amy confronted Judith about her affair with Michael.
--Becky wondered who the hit-and-run driver was.
--And, Stuart flatlined once again.
MEMORIAL HOSPITAL - ANDREA’S OFFICE
Image result for doctors personal office

The camera comes down from an aerial shot. Andrea is asleep at her desk. Joshua enters the office with two cups of coffee. As he walks up the desk, he sets a cup of coffee in front of Andrea. Andrea then wakes up, startled.

Related image
JOSHUA: (laughs) Good morning.

Image result for ANdrea Bowen
ANDREA: Morning.

JOSHUA: (sitting down) You seemed to be glued to your desk lately.

ANDREA: Yeah. Sounds about right.

Andrea takes the lid off of her coffee cup and takes a sip of her coffee. She then sets the cup back on her desk.

ANDREA: Thanks for getting me this.

JOSHUA: Of course. So, why’d you sleep here last night.

ANDREA: (sighs) Well, I ended up spending all night trying to come up with solutions to Stuart’s heart issues.

JOSHUA: And…?

ANDREA: And, I only have one option left when it comes to my patient. Today, I will be contacting UNOS to see if they have any hearts available.

JOSHUA: Good luck with that. I hate to sound frank here. But, you may not get a heart for Stuart. I want you to be prepared for that.

ANDREA: Why the hell do you have to be so negative?
ANDERSON MANSION - LIVING ROOM
Image result for manor living room

Michael enters the living room. He walks over to the bar cart and pours himself a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. As he takes a sip, Thomas enters.

Image result for blake hood
THOMAS: Morning, dad.

Image result for Clayton Norcross
MICHAEL: Hello, son. What brings you by?

THOMAS: I needed to see you about a very important matter.

MICHAEL: Oh? What’s going on?

THOMAS: I have a business offer for you.

MICHAEL: You do?

THOMAS: Yes. And, I hope that you accept my offer.
ANDERSON MANUFACTURING - CEO OFFICE
Image result for executive office

Cynthia is sitting at her desk. She is very hard at work. Then, there is a knock at her office door. She looks up.

Related image
CYNTHIA: Come in!

Carter enters and shuts the door behind him.

Image result for walter fauntleroy actor
CARTER: Good morning.

CYNTHIA: What the hell are you doing here?

CARTER: Did you really think that when you pushed me out of your home last night, that I was just gonna up and leave town?

CYNTHIA: I was hoping for that. Carter, what do you need from me? Why are you here in Thorne Hill?

CARTER: Money is a little tight for me right now.

CYNTHIA: That’s not my problem.

CARTER: Look, I have never asked you for a hand out. All I’m asking for is a couple thousand. Plus, you’re married to that rich guy. You can afford it.

CYNTHIA: A couple thousand?! Who do you think you are?! I am sorry that you are strapped for cash. But, that is life. News flash, honey, I didn’t grow up with a silver spoon in my mouth. I fought every step of the way to get here.

CARTER: Cynthia, come on. You don’t even know why I’m strapped for cash. Maybe once you hear me out, you’ll understand.

CYNTHIA: Alright. Fine. Tell me. Tell me why you think you should become my charity case. (laughs) This oughta be good.
THE PALACE HOTEL - VERONICA’S SUITE
Image result for nice hotel room

Veronica is sitting at a small table. She is eating breakfast and having a cup of coffee. She is reading an article on her tablet. The headline of the article reads: BIG CHANGES AT LOCAL HOSPITAL!

Related image
VERONICA: Wow, who knew that my brother was so successful. I can’t wait to meet him. Maybe he can teach me a thing or two about the medical profession. Now, let’s see what my sister does for a living.

Veronica begins typing on her tablet.
AMY & MIMI’S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM
Related image

Amy is sitting on the couch. Mimi enters. She is holding two coffee cups. She walks over to Amy and hands her one of the mugs. Mimi keeps one for herself and walks to a chair by the couch. Mimi sits.

Image result for Kelli Goss
MIMI: How are you doing this morning?

Related image
AMY: I’m okay. I just wish I was at the hospital.

MIMI: Let’s not think about the hospital right now. Okay? You need a break. You need to recharge your batteries.

AMY: I guess you’re right.

MIMI: I’m glad you agree. Maybe we should talk about something else. That way, you can take a break from thinking about all of your family drama.

AMY: Okay. What do you suggest we talk about?

MIMI: I think we should talk about us.

AMY: What do you mean?

MIMI: I guess I’m asking you if you still want to marry me.

Back at Memorial Hospital, in Andrea’s Office, Andrea is now standing and leaning up against her desk.

JOSHUA: I’m sorry. It wasn’t my intention to overwhelm you with negativity. Again, I’m very sorry about that.

ANDREA: And, I’m sorry that I bit your head off. I’ve just been working too hard. And, the stress is starting to get to me.

JOSHUA: I know. I know. I just want you to be aware that UNOS has a lot of red tape for doctors to jump through.

ANDREA: Of course I know all about the red tape. But, I am not going to let UNOS’ red tape stand in my way of getting a heart for this man. I will fight like hell to get Stuart a new heart. He’s not going to die on me.
WHITMORE MANSION - LIVING ROOM
Related image

Judith is sitting on the couch. She is very deep in thought. Then, she hears someone approaching. Becky enters the living room.

Related image
BECKY: Mrs. Whitmore…?

Image result for Marcia Gay Harden
JUDITH: (looking over/standing/going to Becky) Hello, Detective Campbell. Thank you for coming over here on such short notice.

BECKY: Yeah. No problem.

JUDITH: Can I get you anything? Tea? Coffee? Water?

BECKY: No. I’m fine. Thanks.

JUDITH: Of course.

BECKY: If you don’t mind, I’d just like to cut to the chase of this meeting. So, why’d you call me over here, Mrs. Whitmore?

JUDITH: Well, I’d like to talk about my son’s case.

Back at Anderson Manufacturing, in the CEO Office, Cynthia gets up from her desk. She steps out from behind her desk and walks over to Carter.

CYNTHIA: Come on. Tell me. If you want me to even consider giving a dime to you, then you are going to have to be 100 percent honest with me.

CARTER: (sighs) Last year, I had an offer to make some extra cash. This lady tracked me down and said she really loved my management style. Anyway, for weeks we had conversations about how I would play into her business. Finally, she came up with a position for me. I was really happy about the position. I was her number two. Anyway, the job began to get dangerous. It didn’t take me long to realize that I needed to get out. And, I needed to do it fast. When I told my boss I was going to leave her business, she promised me we could cut ties in a clean way. But, she ended up hacking my bank account and taking just about all my money.

CYNTHIA: Wow. That’s a lot to take on.

CARTER: You can say that again. So, now that you know my story, will you help me out here? I could really use the cash.

CYNTHIA: I still have one more question for you.

CARTER: Okay. Ask me anything.

CYNTHIA: What business were you involved in?

Back at the Whitmore Mansion, in the Living Room, Judith is standing over by the bar cart. She is pouring herself a cup of coffee. She turns around.

BECKY: Look, I can assure you that we are doing everything we can to solve this hit and run. In fact, I have my partner going to an auto shop today to look into a lead.

JUDITH: You have a lead already?

BECKY: Yes. And, we could possibly know everything about the car that hit your son, by the end of the day. Things are going great for us.

JUDITH: Becky, I am so happy that you are making strides in my son’s case. I really am. However, I’m going to need you to stop looking into whoever hit my son with a car.

BECKY: Really? And, why would you not want me to find out who ran down
your son outside of Mimi’s Cafe?

JUDITH: Because, I know who ran him down. And, I even know the car they were driving. I know who put my son in that coma.

BECKY: (caught off guard) You do?

JUDITH: Yes. And, if you were wise, you’d stop this investigation.

BECKY: And, if I don’t? Then what?

JUDITH: Then, I’ll have to put a stop to you.

BECKY: You do realize that you are threatening an officer of the law, don’t you? That’s a very serious offence.

JUDITH: I know exactly what I’m doing. It’s not my first rodeo.

BECKY: Mrs. Whitmore, I think you should come forward with the truth.

JUDITH: I will do no such thing. And, you won’t either. I have something on you, Detective. And, if you go behind my back, and continue to dig, I will reveal what you’ve been up to.

BECKY: You’re bluffing.

JUDITH: Try me. I dare you to.

Back at The Palace Hotel, in Veronica’s Suite, Veronica takes a sip of her coffee. She then sets the mug back in front of her.

VERONICA: So, my brother is in a top position at the hospital. And, my sister runs a boutique. Their success amazes me. I am so excited to hear all the stories I’m sure they have. I just wish I had my father...our father to introduce me to them. Well, I guess I’m just gonna have to be a big girl and introduce myself. But, when should I do that? God, I wish I had some sort of sign.

Back at Amy and Mimi’s Apartment, in the Living Room, Amy takes a sip of her coffee. She continues to hold the mug.

AMY: Mimi, I really…

MIMI: Please, answer me with the truth. I have to know that you still love me. I have to know that you still want me to be your wife.

AMY: Well, you didn’t let me finish what I was going to say. I was going to say that I really love you. And, I was going to say that I still want a life with you.

MIMI: Really?

AMY: Yes.

MIMI: I love you so much.

AMY: I love you too.

Mimi and Amy kiss one another.

MIMI: Now that we have that squared away, I have a proposition for you.

AMY: And, what is this so called proposition you have for me?

MIMI: How would you like to get married?

AMY: News flash, we already are planning to get married.

MIMI: (laughs) No, no, no, no. I know that, silly. I meant tonight. Let’s get married to one another tonight.

AMY: Seriously?

MIMI: Yes. I am so very serious. I know you are going through a lot right now. And, maybe making things official between us might make life better for you. Let’s do it. Come on. Let’s get married tonight. What do you say?

AMY: Yes. Yes. Let’s do it. You and I. Tonight.

Mimi and Amy laugh, kiss, and then hug.

Back at the Anderson Mansion, in the Living Room, Michael is sitting on the couch. He is looking over a file that Thomas has handed him. Thomas is standing in front of him.

THOMAS: As you can see, it would be a wise choice to invest in my new business. Dad, I not only have a law degree on my side. But, I also have years of corporate knowledge that you passed down to me. The wine business is very profitable.

MICHAEL: (sighs/puts down the file) Yes, it is a very successful business. However, it is also one of the most risky businesses.

THOMAS: I know that. And, the competition might be tricky to get around. But, I know how to do this. I know how to run a business. I just need a little...

MICHAEL: Help from your old man?

THOMAS: Exactly.

Michael takes of his reading glasses. He stands.

MICHAEL: You know what, son? You kinda remind me of myself.

THOMAS: I do?

MICHAEL: Yes. You know that I started Anderson Manufacturing out of a garage. It took me years to make a name for myself. But, I did it. And, the one thing that one must never forget when they are out making a name for themselves, is who helped them make that name for themselves. So, if you are willing to never forget this money and support I am giving you, then I will gladly hand it over.

THOMAS: Seriously?

MICHAEL: Yes. In fact, I’ll give you a starting budget of two million. How does that sound? Will that be enough?

THOMAS: Dad..., I...I... don’t know what to say. That is very generous of you. Thank you for believing in me.

MICHAEL: Of course, son. You haven’t turned your back on me as much as your sister has. Therefore, I am willing to treat you well. Anyway, do we have an official deal?

THOMAS: Yes, we do.

MICHAEL: Sounds good to me.

Thomas and Michael shake hands.

Back at Memorial Hospital, in Andrea’s Office, Joshua is now out of the room. Andrea is back sitting behind her desk. She is doing some work on her computer.

ANDREA: Okay. UNOS’ online database says there are still no hearts available. (sarcastic) What wonderful news.

Andrea lets out a sigh. She then pauses for a moment and thinks. She then picks up her office phone, dials, and puts the phone to her ear.

ANDREA: (on the phone) Hello, this is Doctor Andrea Pierce-Jackson. I work at Memorial Hospital in Thorne Hill, Illinois. I noticed that your online directory says that there are no hearts available. But, I need a heart ASAP. Please, tell me that there was a mistake. (short pause) So, you really don’t have any hearts at the moment for my patient? Okay. Thanks for your time. Bye.

Andrea slams the phone down.

ANDREA: Damn.

She takes a deep breath and leans back in her chair.

Back at Anderson Manufacturing, in the CEO Office, Cynthia steps a tad closer to Carter. She lets out a sigh.

CYNTHIA: Come on, don’t stop now. I have a feeling your story was just about to get interesting. Carter, what business were you involved in?

CARTER: Cynthia, I really don’t think I should tell you.

CYNTHIA: Our deal was that you would be 100 percent honest with me, in exchange for me considering giving some cash to you.

CARTER: I know that was the deal. But, I don’t think you want me telling you this to be apart of the deal. Things could get very nasty.

CYNTHIA: I don’t care. This needs to be apart of the deal. I’m not just going to give you money for no reason. Tell me. Right now. If you don’t come clean this very moment, then this deal will be off the table.

There’s a short pause.

CYNTHIA: You have ten seconds. Ten...nine...eight...seven...six…

CARTER: Fine! I used to ship cocaine.

CYNTHIA: (taken aback) Excuse me?

CARTER: I know. I know! It was just bringing me in so much money when I did it. I have to admit that I was a little greedy. But, then I turned my life around.

CYNTHIA: Are the police looking for you? Is that why you need this money?

CARTER: No. That isn’t it at all.

CYNTHIA: How do you expect me to believe you? After all, the reason why we decided to end our marriage was because you couldn’t keep it in your pants. You lied to me for a month out of our seven month marriage. You had a side piece for a long time. Yet, you kept up a good charade.

CARTER: Can we just focus on this for right now?

CYNTHIA: I guess.

CARTER: So, will you give me the money?

CYNTHIA: (sighs) I don’t know if I can.

CARTER: Why not?!

CYNTHIA: Because, you are a liar. And, I don’t know if you’re telling me the whole truth about your little situation.

CARTER: I am. I promise.

CYNTHIA: And, you promised me that you weren’t cheating on me. But, look how that turned out. I know better than to trust you, Carter Morrison. Been there, done that. Now, get the hell out of my office.

Back at The Palace Hotel, in Veronica’s Suite, Veronica come out from the bathroom. She is putting on a pair of earrings. She then walks over to the bed, sits down, and begins to put a pair of heels on.

VERONICA: Well, dad, I think it is time for me to do some exploring around this town. Who knows what I’ll get myself into. I could even run into one of my siblings. We’ll just see.

Veronica stands from the bed.

VERONICA: Wish me luck today, dad. I think I’m gonna need it.

The camera cuts back and forth between Veronica and her dad’s picture.

Back at the Whitmore Mansion, in the Living Room, Judith walks to the bar cart and sets her mug down. She turns around and walks back over to Becky.

JUDITH: So, will you call off the investigation?

BECKY: I just can’t call off a hit and run investigation at the snap of my fingers. That’s just not realistic.

JUDITH: It’d be wise for you to make it a reality.

BECKY: What exactly is it that you have on me? It oughta be something really good for you to make a demand like this.

JUDITH: I think you already know.

BECKY: No. I really don’t.

JUDITH: Becky, I know all about your side job. I know all about you being a cop by day and a drug lord by night.

BECKY: I don’t know what you’ve heard around the rumor mill…

JUDITH: Don’t do that. Don’t try to make me think that I don’t know what is going on. My people do good work. Now, if you don’t drop this investigation, I will expose you. Got it?

BECKY: You have no idea who you’re messing with.

JUDITH: My, my, look at the rookie detective trying to make a powerful threat. I admire that. Nice job. I’ll give credit where credit is due.

BECKY: What makes you think I’m joking about my threats?

JUDITH: Because, unlike you, I know how to call a bluff. Now, run along and get the hell out my house!

The tension is growing between Judith and Becky. Both women are staring dead on at one another. Then, Becky collects herself and leaves.

JUDITH: (calling out) Don’t let the door hit you on your way out!

As Judith makes her way to the home phone, she lets out a little laugh. She then picks up the home phone, dials, and puts it up to her ear.

JUDITH: (on the phone) Vargas, it’s me. Look, you need to get your ass over to my home ASAP. We need to have a little chat about what you did to my son. And, who knows, there may also be a little crash course on how to drive a car. So, be sure to bring a notepad and pen. Seya soon.

Judith hangs up the phone and puts it on the hook.

JUDITH: This town is about to feel my full wrath. It is high time I get Thorne Hill into shape. Everyone better watch their back.

Judith then walks over to the bar cart. She opens the bottle of scotch that sits behind the glasses. She then looks over at the living room clock.

JUDITH: Well, it’s five o’clock somewhere.

JUDITH then pours herself a glass of scotch. She raises the glass to her lips, takes a drink, and smiles mischievously.

***FADE OUT***
***END OF EP. 18***

No comments:

Post a Comment